Trophies
Website
toxsic.com
XP
Country
United States
Long process but finally the game is up for vote on steam greenlight

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=604630184

"bob's game" is a game about a game called bob's game. I worked on it for a long time. It's not done so I want to get it on Early Access.

See more about it on http://bobsgame.com

Please download and play the demos if you have questions about the gameplay.
(Remember: Don't give up on Tetrid, there is a trick to it.)

Download Demo 1+2 for PC here: http://bobsgame.com/files/bobsgame_demo_2_final.zip
Download Demo 3 for PC here: http://bobsgame.com/files/bobsgame_demo_3_dist_win.zip

Also see the separate Greenlight entry for the bob's game puzzle game (the best puzzle game ever made) here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=603367632

I've also listed the custom BobEdit tools and "bob's game" engine used to make this game on Greenlight, so that others can make games using them if they want:http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=604913553

Reactions: Deboog

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I think this guy's had long enough to finish his game. Let his insufferable trolling end.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what is it? I saw, essentially, Tetris and a lot of waiting around. I'm not trying to throw crap at it, it's just I want to know why I should be interested in it, sell me on it.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am going to raise my hand and predict the outcome.
It's just going to be a demo again, never move past that, Rob will throw hissy fit and remove the game, and it will continue to be another stain on the homebrew world.
Robert Pelloni is like a fart in a jar, that very couple of years someone opens to make sure it still smells like shit. Short answer, it does.

deathking

OP
Trophies
Website
toxsic.com
XP
Country
United States
LOL no, i've just been waiting for this game for like 8 years now , i think i found out about it here and have been hooked ever since .

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So what is it? I saw, essentially, Tetris and a lot of waiting around. I'm not trying to throw crap at it, it's just I want to know why I should be interested in it, sell me on it.
Essentially its a 30+ hour rpg with stuff like food and mood and working job stuff that revolves around beating the being the best gamer in the world in a tournament - which is adult you from the future .

The main selling point is little games that are needed to be passed to move on such as a pong clone where you control both paddles with 1 life to score a high score - it gets quicker as you go and A 3 block tetris clone on a game boy which was really cool in the first demo.

Think of something like Nesremix + RPG

D

Deleted User

Any mention of bob's game just makes me think of this.

Nintendo, you cannot continue ignoring me.

There is nobody like me. I have created the entire game, start to finish. I am far better than Miyamoto, Itoi, Kojima, Carmack, and Wright COMBINED. NONE of these "designers" could create the entire thing if their lives depended on it! They rely on the assistance of others- and take all the credit. They don't even deserve their titles! I have bested them all by far.

"bob's game" is a game by ONE PERSON, and it's one of the GREATEST GAMES EVER MADE- if not THE BEST. I stand alone on a mountain no other has even dared to climb. I have swam across the ocean only cruise ships could cross. I have walked through the desert of no return. I have stepped in the footprints of none, a path never taken. I have MADE HISTORY, and history cannot be undone. It's too late, Nintendo.

No man has ever accomplished what I have accomplished at 25 years old- it's no wonder you fear accepting this truth! My work has humiliated yourteams of engineers. One young man- singlehandedly- has made their lifetime of work seem like child's play. How can they possibly compete with suchoverwhelming skill? It's not even fair, is it? That's too bad, Nintendo. I'm real, and I'm here. You can't ignore me forever. I AM RIGHT, AND IT WILL WORK.

I am the GREATEST GAME DEVELOPER THAT EVER LIVED. I am aGENIUS, and I will be around for the next 40 years- eating away at your company until it exists no longer. I will find way after way to slowly destroy your bottom line, and your business will fail. The name NINTENDO will be forgotten, a discarded husk like so many others. "bob's game" will live onFOREVER.

THOSE WHO DOUBT ME- YOU WILL BE PROVEN WRONG. IN TIME THE TRUTH WILL PREVAIL. PREPARE TO EAT YOUR WORDS.

YES, I AM COMPLETELY SERIOUS!

WHO'S TAKING NAMES NOW, REGGIE?!

Reactions: daxtsu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!