Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[youtube]AiAHlZVgXjk[/youtube]​

The news that Bobby Kotick would play a role, however small, in the upcoming Brad Pitt film Moneyball was shocking -- even more so than the fact that the movie actually looks good. He was spotted in a trailer released back in June, much to the bewilderment of gamers who know him only as the CEO of Activision Blizzard. So how did he end up there?

That very question was asked by Reuters (via One of Swords), which found out Kotick is a friend of the film's director, Bennett Miller. The two were discussing the role of the Oakland Athletics owner before Kotick was asked to play the part himself. He agreed, but only if Miller would do something for the Call of Duty Endowment non-profit group.

"We were having dinner and Bennett was talking about Moneyball and he asked me a little bit about an owner's psychology and what an owner would be like," Kotick said. "I started reading the script and I said, I really think the words don't capture how an owner would react to this part of the conversation."

Kotick said he's a fan of the book Moneyball, on which the film is based. He doesn't have a credit in the movie, nor does he plan on ever acting again.

The movie is scheduled to come out on September 23. The short film Miller directed for Call of Duty Endowment -- which is receiving all of the money generated in ticket sales for the upcoming Call of Duty XP event -- doesn't yet have a release date.

You can see a brief clip of Kotick in the trailer above at about the 17-second mark. [/p]

Source

Thought this was some humorous non-news. It appears even Bobby Kotick has a small heart somewhere in that dark void where his soul used to be.

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
Guild McCommunist said:
AlanJohn said:
Who the f*ck is bobby kotick.

Head honcho at Activision, notorious for some of his "less than kind" remarks about the gaming industry.
HE is the head of Activision?!
Surely he's just pretending to be good, after the movie he will continue his job of destroying franchises.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-