Hacking Question Blue screen, rcm working and fsfat error 13 on hekate

Ararage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I'm trying to get broken Switch from ebay back to working. If I try to turn on it normally it just shows blue screen. I did the rcm hack by soldering two pins together inside switch (joycon connector thingy). Now I can boot hekate v3, but the CTCaer will only show black screen. (I use TegraRcmSmashgui)
If I try to make backup in to the sd card I will get fsfat error 13 no fat partition with the Hekate v3.

I have replaced SD card connectors inside switch and they seem to connect just fine when measured.

I tested with kingston 4gb sdhc, samsung evo 64gb sdxc and kingston 64gb sdxc (both exfat and fat32) none of them worked. And sometimes if I had exfat on sd card and tried to send payload from pc switch would only show black screen and not launch hekate.

I really apperciate if someone could help!

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
First thing I would do is to recreate the NAND :D
If it boots to a blue screen, it is either a hardware issue or someone just simply bricked it. You can eliminate the software part by rebuilding the NAND prodinfo got destroyed (in that case ask rajkosto :D )
Here is what the blue screen means (it won't tell you anything tho).

Last edited by Kubas_inko,
Reactions: Ararage

Ararage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
First thing I would do is to recreate the NAND :D
If it boots to a blue screen, it is either a hardware issue or someone just simply bricked it. You can eliminate the software part by rebuilding the NAND prodinfo got destroyed (in that case ask rajkosto :D )
Here is what the blue screen means (it won't tell you anything tho).

Thank you! That is actually exactly what I'm trying to do, but It won't work as my switch and the hekate won't find the fat partition from sd card :(

Ararage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
You don't need to backup your NAND, although you really should. But you need it for the TSEC and fuse info. Hmm. Maybe wait for some who actually knows something about it :D

So it is possible do this without the sd card if I don't make the backup. Can I get the TSEC and fuse info out some other way? Not sure if the sd problem is hardware fault or something to do with the brocked NAND.

Maybe I wait, thanks for helping anyway! :D

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
So it is possible do this without the sd card if I don't make the backup. Can I get the TSEC and fuse info out some other way? Not sure if the sd problem is hardware fault or something to do with the brocked NAND.

Maybe I wait, thanks for helping anyway! :D
You can rewrite it by hand, which would take forever (because it prints it on the screen; however tsec is supper short).
On the other hand, for bis keys, you can use rajkostos biskeydump payload instead of their way (I guess). Then you use phone to scan QR code and you got it.

Ararage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
You can rewrite it by hand, which would take forever (because it prints it on the screen; however tsec is supper short).
On the other hand, for bis keys, you can use rajkostos biskeydump payload instead of their way (I guess). Then you use phone to scan QR code and you got it.

Okay, maybe if I won't get other answers I'll try to do this the hard way. Because the console will be a brick anyway if I can't fix it.
Thank you really much for help :lol:

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Okay, maybe if I won't get other answers I'll try to do this the hard way. Because the console will be a brick anyway if I can't fix it.
Thank you really much for help :lol:
I will tell you this. Rajkosto made all his stuff to work with his stuff. So you shouldn't need hekate. All you should need is biskeydump (to dump bis keys), hackdiskmount (to mount the eMMC), memloader (to make USB drive from Switch) and CHoiDujour (to do all the downgrade/update/rebuild stuff).

Reactions: Ararage

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Haha. Just found this on ebay. Guy sat on the switch and now it also blue screens (and I bet that it is hardware damage with this one)
Google translated:
Nintendo Switch console defect. Condition: As a spare part / defective. Shipping with DHL package up to 5 kg. For sale is a Nintendo Switch console according to Nintendo, the motherboard must be exchanged! My son accidentally sat on it Where it was under the blanket when you turn it on the screen becomes blue .... display is i. O. Here only the console without accessories is sold No guarantee and return !!!!

Ararage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Haha. Just found this on ebay. Guy sat on the switch and now it also blue screens (and I bet that it is hardware damage with this one)
Google translated:

It is really hard say, mine charges just fine and is able to go to rcm and also launch payloads so it is not that badly damaged? Only thing is that it won't notice fat partition and ofcourse the blue screen, which can be software damage?

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
It is really hard say, mine charges just fine and is able to go to rcm and also launch payloads so it is not that badly damaged? Only thing is that it won't notice fat partition and ofcourse the blue screen, which can be software damage?
Yes, it can be software damage. But booting to RCM does not mean it works hardware wise.

Ararage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yes, it can be software damage. But booting to RCM does not mean it works hardware wise.

Might be dumb question, but does hekate ctcaer need some files in sd card to be able to load on switch or should themenu show up without sdcard?

Ararage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Format your sd to fat32 and try
I tried that too with multiple formater softwares. Didn't work. Some times it caused Hekate to start with black screen and nothing happened. I have no idea what's going on.
There might be something wrong with some components but it is hard to know what.

I also got error when trying to print TSEC keys on screen.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I tried that too with multiple formater softwares. Didn't work. Some times it caused Hekate to start with black screen and nothing happened. I have no idea what's going on.
There might be something wrong with some components but it is hard to know what.

I also got error when trying to print TSEC keys on screen.
have you tried the biskeydump, which does exactly what you need for the NAND rebuild?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What's your thoughts?