Bloodstained's Switch version performance patch has been delayed again, now slated for November

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Sep 26, 2019.

Front-page
    header.

Bloodstained released earlier this year, garnering massive amounts of hype and praise for its release on Xbox One, PC, and PlayStation 4. The game also launched on the Nintendo Switch, though the port was plagued by performance problems. Shortly after the Switch version debuted, and fans became upset with the issues, publisher 505 Games promised that numerous patches would be put out, in order to quickly resolve any framerate drops, crashes, and input lag. However, those updates were delayed, quietly pushed back to months after release. Once more, the patches have been delayed, with the development team at least offering more information as to what fans can expect, when those patches do eventually go live.

In the Kickstarter update blog, the team apologizes for the delay, stating that a lot of work has been put into redoing assets and areas to make them run well on the Nintendo Switch. The promised "multiple" smaller bugfix updates have now been merged into two major releases focusing on four areas: reducing input lag, replacing current particle effects with ones that are less strenuous to display, improving load times, and upgrading the visual fidelity. Both updates are planned for a release at the end of November.

:arrow: Source

Discussion (50 replies)
  1. Xandrid

Xandrid GBAtemp Maniac

GBAtemp Patron
    Xandrid is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 27, 2016
    Nigeria
    That ain't good, I think I can hear the outrage from the people already lol

Voyambar and The_Provider like this.
  2. RedoLane

RedoLane GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 16, 2016
    Israel
    "Hrrgh IGA, i'm trying to sneak out of development, but i'm dummy thicc. and the clap of my ass cheeks keeps alerting the beta testers."
    -Zangetsu DLC, current status

Last edited by RedoLane, Sep 26, 2019
  3. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 20, 2010
    Serbia, Republic of
    Everybody finished on PC already (best version)

4. CrisFTW

CrisFTW GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Sucks for the Switch users. Still runs well on the other systems. Cant just always main the Switch all your life now

5. darksweet

darksweet 5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1.. OMEGA FLARE

Mar 15, 2009
    damn Switch... i waiting for the extra character mode etc. patches... but NO let's do Switch first, really weak machine

6. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Mad Dog of Rambling and Insanity

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    They seriously should have delayed the Switch version, IMO. When the homebrew community can get 60fps faster than the devs, you know something's wrong!

7. SkittleDash

SkittleDash GBANep

GBAtemp Patron
    SkittleDash is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 21, 2015
    Japan
    Planeptune
    Be patient. Play something else. And the Switch certainly isn't a weak machine. It's all do to with how optimized the games are. There are games on the Switch that are more graphically impressive than Bloodstained that run more smoothly. Though it depends on the engine the game uses.

8. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal GBAtemp Guru

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    Well, that certainly doesn't sound good.

9. catlover007

catlover007 Developer

pip Developer
    Oct 23, 2015
    Germany
    not that I want to discredit the work of the people working on 60 fps patches, but there's a difference between optimising a game and removing the fps cap and overclocking.

MarkDarkness likes this.
  10. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Should have played through the broken unpatched version, the new one has "rebalanced" gameplay that makes the player basically weaker post patch. I didn't rent this game, not like I need to play longer for arbitrary reasons. This ain't 1989 anymore. :blink:

11. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    I am almost sure I played post patch in PS4 Pro, and if they made you "weaker" then sure you must have been though as hell before.
    Nice game, not hard, 9-10h taking your time and backtracking to the last corner.

12. nWo

nWo The Game Master

Oct 20, 2016
    Mexico
    You know, I played it and beated it two times, and no big issues for me. Yeah, the graphics are a tad bad, but other than that I enjoyed it pretty well, I`m a CastleVania fan since 1991 and well, in my opinion it got 7.8 out of 10. I welcome the bug fixes but, it`s playable. At least it is for me.

darkseekerliu and MarkDarkness like this.
  13. PatrickD85

PatrickD85 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 4, 2012
    Netherlands
    in front of a screen...
    Oh boii, people are going to throw a fit.
    It's playable but the fact they have to postpone it again ... well it's not a good thing to say the least

14. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    by the time this thing is out the only people who cared will have bitten the bullet and beaten the game already. I think I'm at a little over 70%, no crashes or anything, but I've experienced slowdown and definitely loading time issues. some maps appear right away while others, go to a black screen for a few seconds, then the area appears. it takes like a 1-2 minutes to boot up the game, then the save. you can save very quickly, and if you die, the save loads very fast, but from the title screen it's ridiculously slow.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

btw, I don't play the game every day, maybe an hour or so a week, yet there are some people on here who beat it in a day or two with 100%. most of the time I've been trying to figure out where to go (very hard in some places). at my slow pace, I might even beat it by then.

15. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Addict

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    They better focus more on the Switch version, as it sold the best. It sold better than the PS4/Xbone version combined. Maybe if more people bought the game on PS4 and Xbone, they'd focus on DLC more.

RedBlueGreen likes this.
  16. Username4321

Username4321 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2018
    Brazil
    Japanese players getting the game Oct. 24th: "Well, a couple weeks isn't that bad."

17. NoNAND

NoNAND GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 22, 2015
    Albania
    The Adriatic Sea
    Hey people, give it some time. Yes it doesn't sound good and all but would you want a rushed update that does little to nothing instead, Let them devs take their sweet time, look through the problem at its core thoroughly and find a possible solution to it.
    if you're that impatient, have a look at the 60FPS patch released by @masagrator . It ought to solve and take care of the present issues.

Reynardine likes this.
  18. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Well I haven't played enough to call it hard, but I did see the update notes and one of them was severely decreased player's overall power in conjunction with enemies. Followed by backlash on that post. :ninja:

https://www.destructoid.com/the-fir...-a-ton-of-ability-nerfs-incoming-561300.phtml

I haven't played for very long, about maybe 3 hours (I had Super Mario Maker 2 set as priority) so I don't know what has been done or not in terms of patching performance and gameplay or content. I been meaning to play more but I own the switch one and that don't play well. :wacko:

19. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I think I'm at like 20 hours, 'cause there are three or four places I was stuck on for weeks. the game isn't necessarily difficult in terms of its enemies, and you gain a decent amount of experience if you need to grind, but finding where to go is a nightmare.