Bloodstained's Switch version performance patch has been delayed again, now slated for November

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Axido

Axido GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 12, 2014
    Germany
    7.8 out of 10? Did it have that much water?

sarkwalvein likes this.
  2. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    It does, or better said the part were people usually get stuck for hours is when they have to go through the water.

Axido likes this.
  3. nWo

nWo The Game Master

Oct 20, 2016
    Mexico
    So sad that you got stuck for hours. Sorry to hear that, man. Must have been horrible.

4. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    that's actually where I got stuck for two+ weeks.

5. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Mad Dog of Rambling and Insanity

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    Which is why they should have delayed the game. Or, even better, not even considered the Vita or the Wii U as potential options for consoles for the game to come out on.

6. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    tbh, I thought 1.02 was the big fix 'til I read this article. I was a bit confused by that, 'cause a lot of the same problems still seemed to plague the game. the game is not unplayable by any means, but it can be frustrating at times. the slowness of loading the save is perhaps the most irritating thing about this game imo.

7. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    The 60 FPS hack is like, playing handheld while tethered to an official charger. 30 FPS is what they have to shoot for, they just need to get the input lag way down.

8. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Lol, lazy developers can't even optimize a game

Silent_Gunner likes this.
  9. seseiSeki

seseiSeki Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2016
    Germany
    Good thing I looked at reviews first before buying the game for PC, is what I would say, if the PC version didn't freeze when running on more than one CPU core about six hours in. It probably got fixed by now, but I lost interest after not playing Bloodstained for months. Who knows, when I'm going to pick it up again.

10. Naster

Naster GBAtemp Regular

Oct 24, 2015
    Serbia, Republic of
    What’s the problem, I’ve completed the game right after release and see no bugs and etc

11. IP60

IP60 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 2, 2018
    Canada
    There is no difference between the PS4,Xbox or PC version...lol

12. RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 10, 2015
    Canada
    The Switch is far from weak. The problem with a lot of indie games is they're just made in some multiplatform engine like Unity, and then not actually optimized for the specific consoles they're releasing to. Bloodstained doesn't look particularly good outside of cutscenes and dialogue portraits, and the Switch version looks like absolute ass (it looks like a 3DS launch title or a really early PS2 game). There's absolutely no reason it wouldn't run well except for shitty unoptimized code.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen, Sep 27, 2019
    banjo2 likes this.
  13. 64bitmodels

64bitmodels Member

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2019
    United States
    I don't mind, they did say the patch comes out in November.
    I'm getting my switch on black Friday.

14. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 10, 2018
    Argentina
    Pro tip: Always look at performance reviews before buying a game, and beware of "PortsForMuneys" that are quickly done and terrible.

Silent_Gunner likes this.
  15. 64bitmodels

64bitmodels Member

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2019
    United States
    Honestly it's better than not having the game for switch at all and it getting ported to a platform like Wii u/vita

16. Dartz150

Dartz150 Hat Gurl Official Fan™

May 5, 2010
    Mexico
    Under your bed
    I have beat the game on PC already, and wouldn't mind to buy the game for switch once the patch is released, this is one of those games that deserves support, because is great and after all, I'm fan from Metroidvania games since SoTN and played every until Order of Ecclesia, I would love to see a sequel in the same esque.

17. burial

burial GBAtemp Regular

Aug 15, 2018
    United States
    The fuck?

Didnt they originally plan this game to release on VITA and Wii U?

All of the people/devs involved in this game seem to be really talented.....what the hell is going on?

18. Teletron1

Teletron1 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2019
    United States
    EARTH
    this is what happens when you choose the wrong studio to help you port it, hopefully they get it optimized correctly (fan base seem to pick it up for the switch) because this is the closest thing will get for Castlevania and I'm looking forward to seeing more from the series

19. Techjunky90

Techjunky90 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    I've said it once and I'll say it again, internet ruined games. Hey let's put out shitty broken games then release updates later to fix them. Developers use to put out finished polished games & now they put out garbage. Developers that put out broken software should be penalised. Broken hardware gets recalled, it should be no different for software. American Government needs to start stepping in. People deserve consumer protection on video games.

20. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    they do get penalized on the 360 (probably xbone too). the first patch for a game is free, but if you have to patch the game again, it's like 10 grand.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

looks like they've dropped the fees: https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikka...eveloper-patch-fees-on-xbox-360/#4c5b2b963bb1

the thinking was that you get a free patch, but if your game is still a buggy mess, you'll be charged to update it. it was a deterrent to releasing broken games. I think they may have even been able to remove the game from xbla if it was really screwed up.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted