Bloodstained's Switch version performance patch has been delayed again, now slated for November

header.jpg

Bloodstained released earlier this year, garnering massive amounts of hype and praise for its release on Xbox One, PC, and PlayStation 4. The game also launched on the Nintendo Switch, though the port was plagued by performance problems. Shortly after the Switch version debuted, and fans became upset with the issues, publisher 505 Games promised that numerous patches would be put out, in order to quickly resolve any framerate drops, crashes, and input lag. However, those updates were delayed, quietly pushed back to months after release. Once more, the patches have been delayed, with the development team at least offering more information as to what fans can expect, when those patches do eventually go live.

In the Kickstarter update blog, the team apologizes for the delay, stating that a lot of work has been put into redoing assets and areas to make them run well on the Nintendo Switch. The promised "multiple" smaller bugfix updates have now been merged into two major releases focusing on four areas: reducing input lag, replacing current particle effects with ones that are less strenuous to display, improving load times, and upgrading the visual fidelity. Both updates are planned for a release at the end of November.

We are pleased with the progress that has been made so far and look forward to getting it into your hands. While the teams are working on an extensive list of myriad improvements, their focus is on four principal areas: Visual Fidelity, Loading Times, Particle Effects and Input Lag.

• Visual Fidelity - The way that backgrounds and environments are rendered are being significantly updated. This will result in noticeably sharper environments in most areas throughout the game.
  • Loading Times - Load times between scenes are being greatly improved, but are still not where we would like them to be, so work remains.
  • Particle Effects - We have already replaced hundreds of particle effects with new assets and more yet remain. The new ones look the same to the user, but are much less impactful on the performance of the game. This has been one of the main culprits for framerate drops during fights.
  • Input Lag - Input lag times have been significantly reduced, once work on this is completed the game should feel much more reactive when playing.
The improvements are expected to be released in two separate updates. The first update will contain the vast majority of the improvements. The second update will improve performance with a couple of especially troublesome areas and enemies.

:arrow: Source

D

Deleted User

Sucks for the Switch users. Still runs well on the other systems. Cant just always main the Switch all your life now

darksweet

5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1.. OMEGA FLARE
Trophies
XP
Country
damn Switch... i waiting for the extra character mode etc. patches... but NO let's do Switch first, really weak machine

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
damn Switch... i waiting for the extra character mode etc. patches... but NO let's do Switch first, really weak machine

Be patient. Play something else. And the Switch certainly isn't a weak machine. It's all do to with how optimized the games are. There are games on the Switch that are more graphically impressive than Bloodstained that run more smoothly. Though it depends on the engine the game uses.

catlover007

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
They seriously should have delayed the Switch version, IMO. When the homebrew community can get 60fps faster than the devs, you know something's wrong!
not that I want to discredit the work of the people working on 60 fps patches, but there's a difference between optimising a game and removing the fps cap and overclocking.

Reactions: MarkDarkness

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should have played through the broken unpatched version, the new one has "rebalanced" gameplay that makes the player basically weaker post patch. I didn't rent this game, not like I need to play longer for arbitrary reasons. This ain't 1989 anymore. :blink:

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Should have played through the broken unpatched version, the new one has "rebalanced" gameplay that makes the player basically weaker post patch. I didn't rent this game, not like I need to play longer for arbitrary reasons. This ain't 1989 anymore. :blink:
I am almost sure I played post patch in PS4 Pro, and if they made you "weaker" then sure you must have been though as hell before.
Nice game, not hard, 9-10h taking your time and backtracking to the last corner.

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
You know, I played it and beated it two times, and no big issues for me. Yeah, the graphics are a tad bad, but other than that I enjoyed it pretty well, I`m a CastleVania fan since 1991 and well, in my opinion it got 7.8 out of 10. I welcome the bug fixes but, it`s playable. At least it is for me.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
by the time this thing is out the only people who cared will have bitten the bullet and beaten the game already. I think I'm at a little over 70%, no crashes or anything, but I've experienced slowdown and definitely loading time issues. some maps appear right away while others, go to a black screen for a few seconds, then the area appears. it takes like a 1-2 minutes to boot up the game, then the save. you can save very quickly, and if you die, the save loads very fast, but from the title screen it's ridiculously slow.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw, I don't play the game every day, maybe an hour or so a week, yet there are some people on here who beat it in a day or two with 100%. most of the time I've been trying to figure out where to go (very hard in some places). at my slow pace, I might even beat it by then.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They better focus more on the Switch version, as it sold the best. It sold better than the PS4/Xbone version combined. Maybe if more people bought the game on PS4 and Xbone, they'd focus on DLC more.

Reactions: RedBlueGreen

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hey people, give it some time. Yes it doesn't sound good and all but would you want a rushed update that does little to nothing instead, Let them devs take their sweet time, look through the problem at its core thoroughly and find a possible solution to it.
if you're that impatient, have a look at the 60FPS patch released by @masagrator . It ought to solve and take care of the present issues.

Reactions: Reynardine

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am almost sure I played post patch in PS4 Pro, and if they made you "weaker" then sure you must have been though as hell before.
Nice game, not hard, 9-10h taking your time and backtracking to the last corner.
Well I haven't played enough to call it hard, but I did see the update notes and one of them was severely decreased player's overall power in conjunction with enemies. Followed by backlash on that post. :ninja:

https://www.destructoid.com/the-fir...-a-ton-of-ability-nerfs-incoming-561300.phtml

I haven't played for very long, about maybe 3 hours (I had Super Mario Maker 2 set as priority) so I don't know what has been done or not in terms of patching performance and gameplay or content. I been meaning to play more but I own the switch one and that don't play well. :wacko:

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'm at like 20 hours, 'cause there are three or four places I was stuck on for weeks. the game isn't necessarily difficult in terms of its enemies, and you gain a decent amount of experience if you need to grind, but finding where to go is a nightmare.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things