Country
United States

Joshifer34

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a reddit article about how bad the game performs on switch. :ninja:

I was actually ready to buy this game but something came up and I needed the money for important stuff. So I cancelled my pre-order. I hope it improves, otherwise I'm buying the steam version when it goes on sale for dirt cheap.

https://old.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...psa_bloodstained_is_in_rough_shape_on_switch/

Hm. According to that Reddit they knew it was crap and held it back a week not to mess with other platforms. But ps4 is having same issues. Idk about other platforms.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm. According to that Reddit they knew it was crap and held it back a week not to mess with other platforms. But ps4 is having same issues. Idk about other platforms.
Well they did say on twitter it was going to be 30FPS at 720P before it didn't seem like a big deal. But now it seem like more of a excuse to use system limitations to hide the bigger problem of constant errors and crashing. I'm hopeful it will be better later. :)

burial

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone with crashes and so, the NSP file for the game itself (not update) is 1,2 or 4 Gb size?

Mine was a little over 4gb....

Finally had 1 crash so far with update.

Oh and I made it to the underwater part....shit is like a slide show.....

Reactions: MUDD_BR

OperationNT

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Currently, I only got 1 crash in 15 hours of gameplay: it was on the dialog trigger before Zangetsu fight.

Otherwise, there are some annoying issues:
- Sometimes when I smash the attack button at a speed which could be followed by the weapon, some attacks are skipped
- Some rooms takes more than 10 seconds to load: it's a pain when it's a room which is reached by jumping on the roof from the room below

Another strange behavior I recently got was on a specific boss which triggers special scene and a "Game Over" if it is killed: I was low life so the controllers start vibrating and, when I killed the boss, they didn't stop vibrating during the special scene, the "Game Over" screen and the title menu. It only stopped when I reloaded my save.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
i myself too had a bunch of crashes (i did use a cheat once, BUT these crashes happen to everyone!)

i just googled about crashes in bloodstained on switch and even ppl with the legit bought game still experiences the very same crashes, I'm abit surprised!

but i do remember that even on my legit game (disgaea5) i sometimes had those crashes!

the switch is sometimes a disaster hahaha, especially in the beginning ppl were getting these crashes all over the place , I'm thinking it's not so bad anymore with the switch system/game updates.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I've verified every nsp I have. I've had a few come up as corrupt from my main source, but I found them elsewhere (verified as good). for this game, I had to convert the xci to nsp myself, because the main nsp that's circulating is corrupted. verification fails instantly when you scan it. I'm not sure about the xci + update xci file. when I converted it, it split the game and update separately. update verified, but the game said that parts were missing, so I assume the game and the update are partitioned separately within the xci. the header may be telling nsp verify that the update was/is present when it's not. I'm not sure if that would cause problems, so I just used the base xci game. the xci, xci to nsp conversion, update, and update account patch all verify as okay.
Verification failing is normal for xcis converted to nsp I think. Shouldn't matter for the game actually working.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Verification failing is normal for xcis converted to nsp I think. Shouldn't matter for the game actually working.

I managed to get all xci to nsp conversion to verify. someone pointed out that one of those bloodstained nsp's was missing a ticket, since it was the prepurchased version. not sure really, 'cause I don't have a hacked switch to see things in action.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
hopefully, the update will be out next week
"
Nintendo Switch (Status—fix being tested)

• The fix is currently in test, the submission date we were working toward has been delayed due to a graphical bug that has reemerged.
  • We anticipate testing will be completed by next week, which would mean an ETA of public release during the week of July 15, 2019."

nifoc2099

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
And the FPS, more stable or several stutterings?

Please Stop listening to ppl saying the FPS is bad on the switch. Lookup at Digital Foundry Youtube Review from @13:40. At lockdown at 30 FPS on the switch is waaay better than the XBoX OneX & PS4 at 60 fps. Therefore, this issue is widespread throughout all consoles & not just on the switch.

Reactions: MUDD_BR

MUDD_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Please Stop listening to ppl saying the FPS is bad on the switch. Lookup at Digital Foundry Youtube Review from @13:40. At lockdown at 30 FPS on the switch is waaay better than the XBoX OneX & PS4 at 60 fps. Therefore, this issue is widespread throughout all consoles & not just on the switch.

I see, thanks for that!

Reactions: nifoc2099

Bjarne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Any news on this?

Nintendo Switch (Status—fix being tested)

• The fix is currently in test, the submission date we were working toward has been delayed due to a graphical bug that has reemerged.
  • We anticipate testing will be completed by next week, which would mean an ETA of public release during the week of July 15, 2019.

Improvements
    Map Improvements
    • Map close button has been remapped to standard exit/close button
    • Marker button has been changed
    • Trail display button has been changed
    • Map scroll speed improved
    • Zoom in and zoom out improved
    • Zoom level retained when reopening the map
    • Auto-center when opening the map
    • Bug fix: No longer displaying enemies for completed quests
    Fixed items getting stuck on walls/geometry
    • The functionality of waiting until the item is collected automatically has been left in, in case the issue persists.
    Switch-specific Improvements
    • HD Rumble issues in certain areas of the game have been fixed
    • Enabled Traditional Chinese language option
    • Fixed instances where the game would crash while transitioning between rooms
    • Work has been done on the technical "non-visible" side of things to improve input delay, stability, and various optimizations. The teams are continuing to work on these items and we'll have future updates and plans to share soon.

Last edited by Bjarne,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.