Blizzard president says there will be more news on Warcraft 3: Reforged in June

Warcraft_III_Reforged_Logo.png

The controversial Warcraft 3: Reforged will apparently be getting some kind of news soon. Released nearly two and a half years ago, the game was derided upon launch, and was at one time the lowest user-rated game on Metacritic (by comparison, the original Warcraft 3 is still the 14th most highly-rated PC game by users on Metacritic). Though some small updates were released after launch, there hasn't been any word from Blizzard since the latest patch released in April 2021, and many fans still considered the game incomplete and abandoned.

However, new Blizzard president Mike Ybarra has teased upcoming news for the game a couple of times. Back in April, Twitch streamers Back2Warcraft cut a clip of him speaking on stream saying "I think you will hear from the team pretty soon on plans there." Then, just a few days ago, Ybarra responded to a Tweet asking for an update on Reforged, saying "You'll hear from them soon (in June)."

While it's unclear exactly what this update will be, given the length of time between updates and Ybarra's slow teasing of news, it seems unlikely it will be insubstantial. The 20th anniversary of Warcraft III's release, July 3, is also just around the corner, so it would be an appropriate time for a large update, if one is coming.

mspy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The only way to fix it is to have Vicarious Visions re-develop it entirely from the ground up, so hopefully that's the plan.
Unless the team has nothing better to do I don't see that happening.
After the damage that has been done it would be very hard to salvage the game and bring people back.

Fingers crossed!

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I mean from a player's perspective. Is using the steam deck control even good?
The trackpads are quite accurate once you get used to them. You can also assign buttons to various hotkeys with per-game profiles. So yes, while I've used mine mostly to play controller-centric games so far, I'd say the feel is very good.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I mean from a player's perspective. Is using the steam deck control even good?
There's a long history of mouse centric games being ported to consoles.
The first Diablo was on the PSX, Command and Conquer and many others, so, it's doable.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's a long history of mouse centric games being ported to consoles.
The first Diablo was on the PSX, Command and Conquer and many others, so, it's doable.
I remember Populous the beginning on psx
Once you get used to commands, it's fairly easy to use (like all games)

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only way to fix it is to have Vicarious Visions re-develop it entirely from the ground up, so hopefully that's the plan.
Isn't that essentially what happened with Final Fantasy 14? I never played the game, but my understanding is that it's original version was very poorly received, and then later, the game essentially was rebuilt from the ground up and rereleased as almost a brand new title, and now everyone seems to love the current version of Final Fantasy 14. So I suppose it's not even an unheard of prospect, but it is absolutely asking a hell of a lot.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Isn't that essentially what happened with Final Fantasy 14? I never played the game, but my understanding is that it's original version was very poorly received, and then later, the game essentially was rebuilt from the ground up and rereleased as almost a brand new title, and now everyone seems to love the current version of Final Fantasy 14. So I suppose it's not even an unheard of prospect, but it is absolutely asking a hell of a lot.
Plus, to a far lesser extent, Blizzard has already done a large overhaul on another title. Diablo 3 had substantial problems that was affecting its popularity and longevity. They did a great job turning the game around and making it a fantastic game.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Unless the team has nothing better to do I don't see that happening.
After the damage that has been done it would be very hard to salvage the game and bring people back.

Fingers crossed!
Well... If you put it like 'the original is still the 14th best ranked game on meta critic', then it becomes more likely that they INDEED have nothing better to do. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: