Homebrew blargSnes -- SNES emulator for the 3DS (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Let me be honest. I don't really know anything about Gateway. Is it something where I dump my NAND, and then use Gateway to run that NAND copy (I guess that's what is meant by emuNAND?), therefore allowing my 3DS to remain virgin?

Yes, that is what it does :)

pikanag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a rom compatability with this? i mean does super mario rpg or yoshi's island work with this?

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
is there a rom compatability with this? i mean does super mario rpg or yoshi's island work with this?

No game that utilizes enhancement chips work with BlargSNES, because the chips haven't been implemented yet.

This really needs to be stickied or something.

Yes, that is what it does :)

That's good to hear. Maybe when I can afford it, I'll get one (though I'm kinda partial to cards made by the SC team, like the DSTWO....if only the DSTWO+ wasn't limited to 4.5)

pikanag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No game that utilizes enhancement chips work with BlargSNES, because the chips haven't been implemented yet.

This really needs to be stickied or something.

That's good to hear. Maybe when I can afford it, I'll get one (though I'm kinda partial to cards made by the SC team, like the DSTWO....if only the DSTWO+ wasn't limited to 4.5)

darn...all the good games use the chip xD
do you think it would be difficult to add enhancement chip support for blargSnes?

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

Or do what shinyquagshire suggested, no gateway needed.
It mostly does what I suggested first :P

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
do you think it would be difficult to add enhancement chip support for blargSnes?

I'm not that knowledgeable in the chip emulation department. StapleButter can possibly fill you in on that, but I'd imagine that they'd require a good amount of processing time, and they'd have to share what's currently being used by the base emulation from the 1.3 CPU cores being used (30% of the 2nd core).

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's just a demo, not really worth it.
But Majora's Mask is coming on the 13th next month...ugh...bye, blargSNES, I barely knew ye.

Why would you need an up-to-date 3DS to play Majora's Mask? Unless you plan to buy the digital version, but there will also be a retail version.

Ask donations if you need one and can't afford one yet? If it can help in any way the developpement of/help (or, at least, avoid to stop) with BlargSnes, I'm pretty sure people will be glad to help.

Not really. Not even 1% of Snes games use chips and there is more than 1% of good games on Snes. Personally, the snes games which I consider the best don't use any.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Unfortunately, I'm on 9.2 right now, and I think that method requires 4.1 - 4.5.

Well, it is possible to run gateway exploit on 9.2, dump your nand and downgrade your console to 4.x. confirmed by most users to be safe :)
then using mt-card launcher.dat, which doesn't require the mt-card inserted on classic mode emunand, while it is required with gateway.

ChrisX930

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So various OBJ/Sprite stuff can change mid-frame, and after some tinkering and splitting them into "sections" like Modes, Windowing, and others are, it fixed at least one game that I know uses it.

dcp3esy.png
eVBJMIR.png

Maybe I can sneak this into v1.3?
Yo, could you upload a .cia - build of it, please?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Let me be honest. I don't really know anything about Gateway. Is it something where I dump my NAND, and then use Gateway to run that NAND copy (I guess that's what is meant by emuNAND?), therefore allowing my 3DS to remain virgin?
You can install 9.4 to an EmuNAND on a completely separate SD card, then you're not messing with anything on your 'main' SD card.

I have 2 SD cards, one with 9.2 EmuNAND so I can still use Ninjhax, and another with 9.4 EmuNAND just in case.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
PICA fragment lighting is being seriously reverse-engineered now.

We found out that it supports bumpmapping. If we ever figure out how the LUT stuff works, there is a chance that this may be used to simulate paletted textures.

Interesting, but how could that be used? Perhaps I'm just spewing nonsense, but would it require placing the palette colors into the RGB reflection samplers for a material, and the tiles represented as bumpmaps (with each pixel representing various vectors/angles) will grab from those samplers, based on the static light source, to compose those colors as if they were paletted textures?

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CSND isn't supported on N3DS unless somethings changed lately?

It can't be used through ninjhax because the web browser doesn't have the CSND permission or something (don't know the exact details). However with a .cia you can grant that particular permission. Unless I'm wrong and the N3DS just doesn't have anything for CSND at all.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't seem to be able to install CFW, is there another way to run this emulator besides Ninjhax or Gateway? I only have acces to 9.2 and 9.4 exploits. Thanks :D.

Myria

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With memchunkhax now public, ninjhax could be modified to steal CSND permission on New 3DS systems. Not to mention a hell of a lot of other stuff, too.

Reactions: SLiV3R

Leiard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So various OBJ/Sprite stuff can change mid-frame, and after some tinkering and splitting them into "sections" like Modes, Windowing, and others are, it fixed at least one game that I know uses it.

dcp3esy.png
eVBJMIR.png

Maybe I can sneak this into v1.3?
Oh yes please I´d like to play Lufia II on my 3DS without bursted graphics in battles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i guess not...