Blank 3DS rom tiles

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Riff89, May 9, 2015.

1. Riff89
    OP

Riff89 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2015
    United States
    I am using a Gateway 3DS on a US original model 3DS XL with Sysnand version 9.2.0-20U and Emunand version 9.7.0-25U.

I recently purchased a new micro SD card for my 3DS game dumps. I've had them backed up and stored on my laptop so that adding the roms to the new card would be a rather fast process. After copying my game dumps to the new micro SD card, many of them show up as white squares with no game title in the Gateway menu. I tried reformatting the micro SD card and starting over but got the same results.

I tested the SD card to make sure it's legitimate, and it is, so that isn't the cause of the problem. Will I need to dump the roms all over again and start with fresh ones, or is something else up?

2. xppancho

xppancho Member

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2015
    Cote d'Ivoire
    how did you test the microsd? h2testw is the best option for that

3. polki

polki Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2014
    Try copying the files one at a time and not all at once, starting with the ones that were showing as blank to test as you go. Tedious I know but it's probably the best way to find the problem.
    Copying a lot of them at once was a problem for me a while back.

4. YourHero

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    Blank tiles mean the game isn't there. Your SD card is fake.

5. aos10

aos10 look at me,shitposting about GW,i am so cool

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    that also happened to me
    i have 2 micro SD card , both are original and legit
    one is sand disk ultra and the second is samsung pro

6. Riff89
    OP

Riff89 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2015
    United States
    Thanks for all the help from everyone. It turns out that I just needed fresh copies of all my games.
    h2testw is what I used to verify that the SD card is real. Luckily, that wasn't the issue.
    Try fresh rom dumps of your games, that helped me.