Black Touch Screen

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by k0kujin, Aug 20, 2009.

Aug 20, 2009

Black Touch Screen by k0kujin at 10:43 PM (1,304 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. k0kujin
    OP

Newcomer k0kujin Advanced Member

United States
    I turned my DS on today and the bottom screen didn't light up.The backlight still works, it's just the screen is just black.I recently bought an M3 Real, but I am not sure if that has anything to do with it.I am really in a pickle right now.Any info would be helpful.

2. Omega_2

Member Omega_2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    Warranty? Send it in?

No Warranty? Read on, maybe.
    Well, there is a chance that either one of the two ribbon cables might have come loose, but that would require invasive investigation on your part. If it is loose, just plug it in and lock it in place, otherwise, you might want to check dealextreme[slow shipping :\] for new parts.

3. dewback

Member dewback GBAtemp Regular

United States
  4. k0kujin
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the replies.I bought it 2 years ago, and it's out of warranty so it looks like I'm going in.That guide really helped, so thanks for that.

5. k0kujin
    OP

United States
    One more question to ask.Is it possible that my M3 DS Real did this?

6. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    No, not at all.

7. k0kujin
    OP

United States
    Ok, that's a relief.This just happened to be the same week I got my flashcart.Thank God they are unrelated.Thanks for the help.

8. k0kujin
    OP

United States
    OK, this is really weird.Last night I turned on the alarm on my DS and went to sleep.Since I had been playing GBA games, I decided to let it charge.When I went to sleep the charge light was on, and when I woke up it was still on.I turned off the DS and turned it on again, and for no reason my bottom screen is working.Does anybody know what's happening with my DS?

9. nicky041192

Member nicky041192 GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    maybe loose ribbon cables? open it up and check. be carfull though.

10. k0kujin
    OP

United States
    Ok now it won't even show the orange light when plugged in.Is this a symptom of something else?

11. kiwovo

Member kiwovo GBAtemp Regular

Israel
    it got pig flu.
    I'm positive.

12. Chrono_Tata

Member Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    Right, that usually means a blown fuse. A blown fuse could have been caused by a bad flashcart so I'd suggest stop using your new flashcart and try to get it replaced or something. As for your DS, google "nds blown fuse" and there should be plenty of guides on how to repair it.

13. k0kujin
    OP

United States
    OK, a couple of questions first.What exactly caused this is it all M3 Reals, or my SD card?Secondly how would I RMA this to DX, will they even accept it?Lasltly, can this happen again?

14. Chrono_Tata

Member Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    The reason this might have happen (note the might; it could very well have been caused by something else) is that your particular M3Real is faulty and somehow caused a short-circuit and blew a fuse. It's very rare for this to happen and usually it would happen straight away when you put in your flashcart the first time. Since I understand you actually used your flashcart for a while before your fuse actually blew it may not be a problem with the M3Real, but to be safe I'd suggest not using it.

And, no, your SD card can't have possibly caused this.

Like I said an M3Real blowing fuses is very rare (I think I've only heard of one or two people getting it before, and that was from a bad batch) so if it is really a problem with the cart, then if you get a replacement it wouldn't happen again.

Another possibility is that your DS had hardware problem in the first place and that caused both the problem with the lower screen and the fuse. Might not be a problem with the flashcart at all.

As for returning it, try emailing the website about the detail of your problem. I don't know what their policy about this is so...