Hacking Black Settings Screen 4.3U

ahlfs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hope I can get help, I just updated my Wii Theme to the darkwii one from this site http://hetoan2.com/forum/index.php?topic=949.0 and it looks great, But now it when I go to the Wii settings it just goes to a black screen and the music stops then I have to reset the Wii, no errors or anything like that and I can still manage my memory.

I just did this about an hour ago and now that I am searching about it I see how dangerous it can be, I have a Black Wii that plays from the USB fine but it wont play Disks and I cant back up to boot2.

I like the look and would like to keep it, but it would be nice to have my settings back. Any help would be much appreciated.

dn_angel000

Phantom User
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just reinstall ur SM (System Menu) and proper SM IOS with either DOP-Mii WiiBrew Edition or [MMM] Multi MOD Manager! Just make sure u install the SM IOS 1st cause if u don't u will BRICK!!

Nintendo_Chick

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's not really dangerous if you have priiloader installed. Does it freeze, or does the screen just turn black (is it still communicating with the remote.)

Try installing it again, or installing a different theme and if you really want to try the first one again.

dn_angel000 said:
Just reinstall ur SM (System Menu) and proper SM IOS with either DOP-Mii WiiBrew Edition or [MMM] Multi MOD Manager! Just make sure u install the SM IOS 1st cause if u don't u will BRICK!!

Ignore him.
There's no need to reinstall the entire system menu. There isn't even a "system menu IOS." If you don't know what an IOS is, don't tell people to install them (although I guess they can't damage anything trying to install a non-existent IOS.) Every thing you post may be idiotic, what you're saying, and how you're saying it, but at least you stopped saying lol!!! after every sentence.

ahlfs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It freezes, I have to unplug it and plug it back in to restart it although the controller stays on. I reinstalled it with the same results.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this situation sounds to me like a classic semi-brick due to installing a system menu for the wrong region...to correct this (and you should as semi-bricks can become full bricks), do what post #2 tells you....install the most current IOS 80 (yes, Ninendo_Chick, that's the SM IOS *it does exist*) and SM4.3 for your region.

you will need to also reinstall priiloader and renable hacks...

ahlfs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://gbatemp.net/t260327-wii-theme-team-...ions?&st=30

diddy81 said:
davidnlta said:
hmm i used the proper 4.3U app file and red wii and when i try to enter setting it freezes

your the only person up to now thats had a problem

be sure you got the NTSC copy
try making the csm again

QUOTE(davidnlta @ Oct 25 2010, 02:01 PM)
yep recreating the csm fixed it thank you Darkwii red is awesome.

Could this work for me also? I am just reading and wanting to avoid going through the softmod steps again if possible.

If this does work can I get a link to just the normal darkmii theme for 4.3u and the .app?

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
who said anything about going back through the softmod steps? you need to reinstall IOS80 and the 4.3 SM....whether you use a themed menu or not, one's going to have to be reinstalled.... installing IOS80 first is done as a precaution....

note...do you have Bootmii @ boot2? if not, you're at brick risk until you get priiloader installed on your fixed system menu...

ahlfs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
ahlfs said:
If this does work can I get a link to just the normal darkmii theme for 4.3u and the .app?
Here is the csm:
http://www.mediafire.com/?iy07n671o9d5zgs
And use thememii to convert it to a mym file:
http://code.google.com/p/thememii/downloads/list

THANK YOU! Got everything working... Your my 9 year old sons new best friend.

Did what you said and got the .app from just looking around

Everything works and looks great with a settings screen that works and the DarkWii theme is awesome on the black Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: that is fucking scary