jayzz91

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Now i've looked around on the forum and searched but didn't find any awnser that helped me out so i'm just going to ask it

I have had my wii for a very long time. (since the christmas the wii was out)
I have also had it modded for a long time and was running at 4.3 (modded)
My wii was working fine and dandy and now i can't get past the bootmii screen because it won't load the system menu. Now it's not the broken bluetooth mudole considering i can still turn it on via my wiimote. I have used my nand back up and it worked again for about a week but now it did it again so rather than just using my NAND back up I figure i'd just come and ask it, has anybody got an idea?
PS: it also doesn't load bootmii when I take the SD card out of it.

Solution
OK, that suggests some major nand corruption. Cboot2 should be able to load an ios36 or less, your report suggests they are not present or non functional. You can restore your nand again, but I would suggest formating your sd card and installing fresh copies of the apps you use. Possibly even reinstall your cios. The cause of your brick is unknown, but likely cause by some combination of app/cios failure causing the corrutpion of your nand. If you experience the problem again, I suggest you use the comix nand formater to give your wii a 100% fresh install. And I would stick with cfg usbloader and stay away from usbloader gx until a current stable release is made.

jayzz91

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
well i have usb loader GX but i havn't used it in at least a year
I prefer cfg loader over it. But it wasn't a problem that occured during play but when i just let my Wii stand there and didn't play it for a couple days.

jayzz91

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
well thx for the responses mauifrog and to awnser your previous question it goes straight to a black screen.
well all it sais is
CBootz Dol Loader v16
IOS Version 2 v16 0x00020010
Failed to load IOS. (highlighted in red)

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK, that suggests some major nand corruption. Cboot2 should be able to load an ios36 or less, your report suggests they are not present or non functional. You can restore your nand again, but I would suggest formating your sd card and installing fresh copies of the apps you use. Possibly even reinstall your cios. The cause of your brick is unknown, but likely cause by some combination of app/cios failure causing the corrutpion of your nand. If you experience the problem again, I suggest you use the comix nand formater to give your wii a 100% fresh install. And I would stick with cfg usbloader and stay away from usbloader gx until a current stable release is made.

Solution

jayzz91

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
could it possibly have something to do with the face that it's next to my xbox and usually gets the vented heat from it? considering this started after i got my xbox and i've never had a problem with the wii beforehand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back