Hacking Black Screen

Tatz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, Yesterday i successfully exploited my switch following the Birb Switch guide. I went as far as installing tinfoil and everything was amazing. ( I was even able to install games) The problem happens the moment i fully power off my switch. It doesn't let me boot into EMM anymore. i also cant boot stock etc. it shows the hekate recovery screen then goes black when i try to boot. could i get some assistance please

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you wan’t people to help you might wan’t to provide more info
*what do you mean you can’t boot EMM? EmuMMC?
*Which games did you install
*Can your switch boot normally(without hekate)
*Are you using Autorcm mode
*What firmware version is your switch on?

The more information you can provide leading up to your issue, the more likely someone may have a solution.

Tatz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Understood.

I am unable to boot into EmuMMC sys or Cfw
I am also unable to boot by simply pressing the power button.
I installed quite a few games (Xenoblade Definitive edition, Dark Souls Remastered Final Fantasy, Pokemon Sword, ) so many others i am unable to remember off the top of my head.
I am not using rcmAuto, ive been told not to use that.
I am on the latest firmware.

I was able to fully boot everything last night. I went to bed (allowed my switch to charge) went to turn it on *to install incognito for tinfoil and Boom i went to reboot and hekate popped up followed by a black screen.

Last edited by Tatz,

Tatz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an update.

I reinstalled a backup of my switch then went and followed Birbs guide of how to exploit the nintendo switch. I followed everything up to the point of installing incognito for Tinfoil.

The problem i think came from me trying to boot my switch without the rcm jig because my switch was turning on and booting via the fusee-payload.bin payload with no problem. The moment i tried to boot normal, my switch goes to black screen. I am no longer able to boot my EmuMMC as of now either.

Could these be related?

I am not doing anything else to my switch because i feel the fix may be simple.

Last time i attempted to delete the atmosphere and sept file like the troubleshooting part of Birbs guide showed however that did nothing FYI.

Last edited by Tatz,

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
My initial suggestions,

1) try & reinstall the atmosphere folders on your sd card & do the same thing with hekate.
Then try to boot stock sysnand.
2)(if 1 fails) try another sd card, reformat to FAT32, and try to simply boot stock sysnand from hekate.

Also I suggest getting the atmosphere folders from the github page.
SD setup ones can sometimes be outdated.

Have you tried powering down your switch by holding power for 20 seconds, then rebooting normally? Id probably suggest this first.

Tatz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My initial suggestions,

1) try & reinstall the atmosphere folders on your sd card & do the same thing with hekate.
Then try to boot stock sysnand.
2)(if 1 fails) try another sd card, reformat to FAT32, and try to simply boot stock sysnand from hekate.

Also I suggest getting the atmosphere folders from the github page.
SD setup ones can sometimes be outdated.

Have you tried powering down your switch by holding power for 20 seconds, then rebooting normally? Id probably suggest this first.

I have tried the holding power down for 20 seconds. That didnt work. I just have a black screen. I downloaded the correct atmosphere and hekate files. Placed the correctly on the sd card and attempted to reboot in sysnand.

I tried your second method as well..... I couldn't get a fix

Tatz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it possible to boot into atmosphere without fusee-primary.bin? or could the problem be coming from tinfoil? I have been at this for days now.

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
When you say you have a black screen trying to boot normally? Do you mean no response?
Have you gone into hekate to double check autorcm isnt on?

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
yes no response at all and yes i have also tried via hekate

I mean if you launch hekate, under tools, have you gone to check Autorcm is off? Generally the only time the switch is unresponsive when you power it on is when somehow auto recovery mode is on.

Normally with a software brick their is some indication the screen turns on/it will hang at the switch logo etc.
Considering you can boot rcm mode i doubt its hardware related.

Once you are sure autorcm is off,

one more thing i can suggest is, download the latest SX OS beta from the sx.xecuter website, place the boot.dat file on your sd card, run the payload and choose boot original firmware option. See what result you get.

Last edited by Basketto,

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Honestly ive heard so much lol idk what to believe

1000s of people constantly use auto-rcm.
Noones been banned yet, doesnt damage your switch.
Just leave your switch in sleep & only insert the dongle when switching around cfw, nand/emunand, android/lakka/ubuntu etc.

Honestly the odds are 10000x higher that you will damage your pins or joycon rails from constantly removing and inserting the jig. Anyone that has a clue about rcm will tell you their isnt anything wrong with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)