Hacking Black Screen Woes

NoSmokingBandit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using my AK2 for a while but today when i fired it up i was greeted with a black screen. I've formatted the card, put the latest FW on the microSD but i still get a black screen. Occasionally, like once in 15 attempts, it will get to the menu then freeze. The SD card is fine, i've checked that. Do i have another dead AK2 on my hands? I've already had about 5 of them die on me for no reason. My DSTT is holding up better than my AK2s....

Any suggestions before i throw this POS in the trash?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Black screen? or Black screen with "Loading"?
Also, your DS detects the AceKard itself right? Or is it as soon as you start the DS you get a black screen?

NoSmokingBandit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, i should have been more specific.
The DS recognizes the AK2 i guess. I see the normal DS loading screen, i press A, and a get a plain black screen. No loading, no error message, nothing at all.

I put the same SD card in my DSTT and it works fine. I keep both the AKAIO and DSTT firmware on the SD at all times so i can switch easily. I take the card out of my DSTT and put it in the AK2 and i can't get into the menu at all.

I'd just use my DSTT, but getting some games to work is a huge PITA.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E