Homebrew Black screen when booting RxTools with CtrBootManager

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is happening to me too and like boot loops and eventually freezes on a red and black screen its annoying me so much
Menuhax and ctrbootmanager can both be finicky if your last shutdown wasn't clean.

If I'm having issues I find I achieve best results by booting cleanly into sysnand, shutting down cleanly, and trying to start the boot manager process again fresh from here.
I find most of my issues can be avoided if I cleanly power cycle after a dirty shutdown.

PRAGMA

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Menuhax and ctrbootmanager can both be finicky if your last shutdown wasn't clean.

If I'm having issues I find I achieve best results by booting cleanly into sysnand, shutting down cleanly, and trying to start the boot manager process again fresh from here.
I find most of my issues can be avoided if I cleanly power cycle after a dirty shutdown.
Still not working, I dont know why but its basically loading rxTools then rxTools loads the boot.3dsx which again is booting rxTools which is making a loop and then it freezes on a red and black screen.

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still not working, I dont know why but its basically loading rxTools then rxTools loads the boot.3dsx which again is booting rxTools which is making a loop and then it freezes on a red and black screen.
Sounds like you are triggering themehax when you try to boot into emunand, and then it senses the firmware shift so it again triggers themehax, looping.
Try changing the binds for triggering themehax to only activate when you hold L, and then don't hold L after the first rxtools boot.

MAXLEMPIRA

Legends are Made from True Stories...
Trophies
Website
maxlempira.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
you h
Did you have linked nands? if you are able to see rxTools Boot Image, then, there press the buttons you use to launch SysNAND if you choose Type 2 on Homemenuhax installer or choose Type 1

Reactions: wormdood

PRAGMA

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
you h
Did you have linked nands? if you are able to see rxTools Boot Image, then, there press the buttons you use to launch SysNAND if you choose Type 2 on Homemenuhax installer or choose Type 1
No I unlinked them thx to Wormdood and had it set to Type 2. I have a feeling what happened was when I was cloning the sysnand to emunand I had Menuhax setup to Type 2 and it copied over to Emunand so im reformatting now.

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

MAXLEMPIRA

Legends are Made from True Stories...
Trophies
Website
maxlempira.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
No I unlinked them thx to Wormdood and had it set to Type 2. I have a feeling what happened was when I was cloning the sysnand to emunand I had Menuhax setup to Type 2 and it copied over to Emunand so im reformatting now.
Ohh yeah, but it would be better if you only changed or set up another theme in EmuNAND :P that delete Homemenuhax

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried simply holding L (or was it R?) when rxtools is booting to skip booting themehax a second time to get into emunand?
From there you can simply change your emunand's theme to remove themehax from the emunand section.

Don't you have a topic about this issue where I already explained this?

PRAGMA

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Redid the tutorial but its still happening... I have no idea what im doing wrong or what I should do...

ChaosRipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this problem but eventually fixed it by completely reformatting emunand from the gateway webpage and recreating emunand and everything else again.

Reactions: Carnelian

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi +1