Black screen problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Kovani, Mar 20, 2009.

Mar 20, 2009

Black screen problem by Kovani at 8:12 PM (985 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Kovani
    OP

Member Kovani GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Here’s the story. I’ve installed Homebrew Channel and Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma a long time ago using 3.2U. Everything was working fine until I’ve downloaded Super Paper Mario. For some reasons, the game was not working properly. I had freezing issues while playing. Everytime I tried to go back to the system menu, my Wii stopped responding. You can call me a noob, I’ve updated my Wii to the most recent version (3.4U) because I thought this could resolve the problem. I was right in a way. All the problems with my Wii dissapeared and everyting was working as intented. I wanted to downgrade my Wii again, but I restarted my Wii. Now everytime I start the Wii I get nothing but a black screen. I can’t see the Warning/Health screen. My wii remote doesn’t seems to work. I guess it’s a full brick and I’m wondering if I can do anything about that since my Wii is at the most recent version.

I don’t have Starfall installed. Do you think a SaveMii or the SaveMiiFrii trick can do the job? I don’t think so, but I’m just asking. I really need your help, because I really don’t want to wait for the next version to play my Wii again... [​IMG] Is there anything I can do?

Any advice would be nice. Thank you in advance!

2. jeffc313

Newcomer jeffc313 Advanced Member

United States
    no harm in trying savemii frii, but do you have twilight hack or a modchip? If neither, then you are totally screwed.

3. Kovani
    OP

Canada
    I don't have a modchip, but Twilight Hack is installed.

4. jeffc313

Newcomer jeffc313 Advanced Member

United States
    savemii/savemiifrii may save you in this case then. If it allows you to boot up twilight princess, then you should be able to repair your console.

5. KiiWii

Member KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    If he has twilight hack for 3.2 will it work since his system was upgraded to 3.4 before the brick?

6. Kovani
    OP

Canada
    Well, I've installed 3.4: twilight-hack-v0.1-beta2.

Homebrew Channel is still on the Wii once I updated my system to 3.4U.

[Edit] I know I’ve installed Twilight Hack, but I’m not sure if it’s still there because of the update.

7. Kovani
    OP

Canada
    I have another question. Do you think by installing 3.4U Twilight Hack still in the Wii? If yes, what should I do exactly to boot Twilight Princess to have a chance to repair my console like jeffc313 said? Is there anything else I need to know to repair the console like installing something else?

I’ve ordered a screwdriver to try the gamecube controller trick (SaveMiiFrii) so I'll try this method first.