Hacking Black Screen on arm11 step

Cmasterc4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed steps from because i thought that it was not out of date and didn't look at the time that it was made. I am a noob when it comes to custom firmware, but anyways i followed up to time 11:20 and my ds didnt reboot, instead it stayed black for 34 minutes, i turned it off and took my sd card out because it wouldnt boot with it in it, so i took it out, waited for the home menu, and put it back in. i followed later steps, it looked similar glitchyness on the bottom screen to the one in the video when doing the arm11 stuff, but after 1 second it went black again. i am still stuck on what to do since i tried every "arm9loaderhax.bin" i had in my downloads folder. can someone tell me what i did wrong. i remember having a custom theme before these steps and just when i got on 2.1.0 i turned off my parental settings. am i screwed, if not how do i get out and get a cfw.

Last edited by Cmasterc4,

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I followed steps from because i thought that it was not out of date and didn't look at the time that it was made. I am a noob when it comes to custom firmware, but anyways i followed up to time 11:20 and my ds didnt reboot, instead it stayed black for 34 minutes, i turned it off and took my sd card out because it wouldnt boot with it in it, so i took it out, waited for the home menu, and put it back in. i followed later steps, it looked similar glitchyness on the bottom screen to the one in the video when doing the arm11 stuff, but after 1 second it went black again. i am still stuck on what to do since i tried every "arm9loaderhax.bin" i had in my downloads folder. can someone tell me what i did wrong. i remember having a custom theme before these steps and just when i got on 2.1.0 i turned off my parental settings. am i screwed, if not how do i get out and get a cfw.

Black screen after installing A9LH is normal for some users. The question is whether A9LH is installed or not. First of all, the only arm9loaderhax.bin you need is the one that is inside the Luma3DS zip file. Put that onto the root of your SD card. Hold select and power on the console while holding select. If you get to Luma3DS configuration screen, A9LH is installed. If you do not, it's not installed. If you can no longer get to the main menu, whether SD card is inside or not, and it's always a black screen, then you're probably bricked. This is pretty common when you use something as shitty as a video guide.

Go here, download the Luma3DS from the links provided, and get the arm9loaderhax.bin file. If you do get to Luma3DS config screen by doing what I said above, then follow the rest of the guide from "Restoring system".

Cmasterc4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i put the right arm9loaderhax.bin file in my sd card, and it goes black or just freezes still, my system can turn on with the sd card in and without it, i tried everything, i still have a backup of NANDmin.bin and NANDmin.bin.sha files. do i do anything with them? (edit: a9lh didnt install.)

Cmasterc4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok im thinking of a cart update, i have animal crossing new leaf and mario kart 7, my brother has super smash bros 3ds. which one has a card update that i can use that wont kill my 3ds. (edit: updating rn with mk7)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/j-JgIxFZTKY?si=9yG57ooZm1wvSOsz