Gaming Black screen of death

tiger1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Is the lan adapter "recovery" mode is independent from standby mode?
as far as ive heard it will automatically detect lan adaptor and will itself turn into stand by mode red led will turn orange means stand by mode...there is no other way except than this since system isnt booting
Post automatically merged:

@jedi23 solve your problem? Same dilemmahere. Stand by funcion disabled and automatically updates turn off. I will buy the adapter but with low expectations. i'll try the @GaryOderNichts recovery menu too.
try it buddy the lan adaptor way ..i dont think gary oder yet have any solution for this i think he had a solution for broken wii u booting and showing a particular error while booting but gary is genius ive seen his video of unbricking a wii u using unpatched switch he has the potential he might come with some solution for this as well pls update after trying both lan method and gary oder menu as well

Standby mode is orange LED... You can't bring the Wii U into this other than waiting, so do not press any button (keep the Wii U in red light / power off mode) but just connect the LAN adapter, then connect wall power and wait.
The router not showing any sign of a connection is normal for as long as the Wii U isn't in standby: It doesn't power the LAN adapter while beeing turned off.

Do you know what chipset is inside of the adapters? Cause that's all that matters (Wii U supports one chipset only).

All connections are IPv4 compatible. Even DS-Lite ones tunnel IPv4 over IPv6 which should be enough for the Wii U to grab the update from Nintendos servers.

//EDIT: @jedi23 The Hori adapter is clearly wrong: It supports 1000 Base-T which the chipset the Wii U supports does not support.
[/QUOTE

i had got hold of the correct lan adaptor and its connected
ASIX AX88772

There's a relative cheap one from UGREEN but I can't find a link right now. Other adapters with the same chipset should work, too, but it is always a good idea to read amazon reviews and stuff. Also don't buy cheap stuff from china as they usually ship what they have available, not what it advertised.

Good question. I'm not sure about this but I guess no... :(

ive got the correct lan adaptor connected it with wii u in power off red light indicator...how long it might take for the red light to become orange ..i mean if there is no hardware error in wii u nor automatic updates disabled then how much time can wii u take to detect the lan adaptor? ??

Last edited by tiger1234,
Reactions: xxMAGRAOxx

jedi23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I was also hoping that the lan adapter "recovery" mode is independent from normal standby mode...
But no luck with the Ugreen adapter either!

The recovery menu method sounds good. I think it's at least worth a try since a Raspberry Pi Pico is a very cheap device.

tiger1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I was also hoping that the lan adapter "recovery" mode is independent from normal standby mode...
But no luck with the Ugreen adapter either!

The recovery menu method sounds good. I think it's at least worth a try since a Raspberry Pi Pico is a very cheap device.
you tried using ugreen adaptor and it didnt worked it seems ??since u also stated you disabled automatic updates manually....mine also hooked up right now how my much time you recommend to let it be ??? and afe u sure recovery menu method gonna work with this issue as well?

@V10lator ive got the correct lan adaptor connected it with wii u in power off red light indicator...how long it might take for the red light to become orange ..i mean if there is no hardware error in wii u nor automatic updates disabled then how much time can wii u take to detect the lan adaptor? ?? any estimation or suggession or advice will be highly appretiated regards

xxMAGRAOxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I Have tried the recovery menu method and no success. Cant gain access to the menu. Tryed many times and nothing. The light still blue. And i try in another wii u and sucessfully loaded with the light turn in purple. I'm still waiting for the lan adapter but i'm withvery very very lower expectations becouse i'm 100% sure that standby mode is disable.

tiger1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I Have tried the recovery menu method and no success. Cant gain access to the menu. Tryed many times and nothing. The light still blue. And i try in another wii u and sucessfully loaded with the light turn in purple. I'm still waiting for the lan adapter but i'm withvery very very lower expectations becouse i'm 100% sure that standby mode is disable.
i got mine as broken very cheap ..probably the guy who sold to me might have been in middle of some update and console was shut due to some reason or manually by him due to freezing after that this issue appeared ..im not sure even if he had disabled the standby mode or not but one thing is sure console is not modded..so more chance of stand by mode disabled was less but ..i also tried connected in lan adaptor in power off mode few times yet i havent got success....i may be wrong but i doubt about success of this process using lan adaptor inspite of stand by mode enabled ...i dont think in power off mode the wii u might be able to detect lan and go in stand by mode by itself downloading updates ..

recovery menu isnt not working i think since it works when at least console boots and shows display with some error here operating system is missing some files or are corrupted so its obvious its not detecting anything on screen

tiger1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
@xxMAGRAOxx buddy any updates or development regarding unbricking wii u??

tiger1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Not yet. Still waiting for the lan adapter. When I have any news I will update your guys
ok buddy unfortunately my attempt of using lan adaptor recovery failed since wii u havent detected lan adaptor the lan adapter has been connected to the wii u since last few days no success im myself searching for some other suggesions

Reactions: xxMAGRAOxx

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one of the big problems with the wiiu is, afaik, there's no official, recovery menu in case an update goes wrong or something. and, for us, there's no real way to diagnose the problem other than googling it, which is usually unhelpful with this console.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
one of the big problems with the wiiu is, afaik, there's no official, recovery menu in case an update goes wrong or something. and, for us, there's no real way to diagnose the problem other than googling it, which is usually unhelpful with this console.
There is an official method yeah but it requires nintendo-signed files to be placed on the SD card, then you power on the console while holding down certain buttons

Last edited by piratesephiroth,
Reactions: godreborn

tiger1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
There is an official method yeah but it requires nintendo-signed files to be placed on the SD card, then you power on the console while holding down certain buttons
@piratesphiroth ...many people find this link helpful one of them i know personally ive taled with him on message ..the lan recovery method is not totally a myth but yes its hit or miss

does any one have access to those nintendo sighned files ??? any possible way according to you which can help unbrick this software related brick ???

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@piratesphiroth ...many people find this link helpful one of them i know personally ive taled with him on message ..the lan recovery method is not totally a myth but yes its hit or miss

does any one have access to those nintendo sighned files ??? any possible way according to you which can help unbrick this software related brick ???
It is a myth. People have analyzed the console's boot process and no one's ever found anything like that.
And the only way we could get those nintendo recovery files is if they're leaked somehow.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@piratesephiroth Are you sure about that? Cause https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1336/~/standby-functions-overview says
download ... system updates
and
Install completed downloads, including system updates
Also to my knowledge nobody ever really looked into what the Wii U does during standby but it sounds like it runs completely from IOSU (leaving the PPC CPU shut down), so it sounds possible that it's able to fix a corrupted CafeOS.

//EDIT: Also keep in mind that this isn't about the Wii Us boot process but it's standby process.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@piratesephiroth Are you sure about that? Cause https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1336/~/standby-functions-overview says

and

Also to my knowledge nobody ever really looked into what the Wii U does during standby but it sounds like it runs completely from IOSU (leaving the PPC CPU shut down), so it sounds possible that it's able to fix a corrupted CafeOS.
Theoretically it's possible yeah but why would they keep it a secret?
It seems to only perform very basic title managenemt tasks like resuming downloads and installing downloaded content (so only complementing the main OS functionality).
If the system does not perform any sort of software integrity verification and correction during regular usage, I doubt they'd make the standby mode do it.

Last edited by piratesephiroth,

rtthrow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This method worked for me a few weeks ago. Which recovery menu file did you put on your sd card? I used the recovery_menu_dc_init and changed the file to recovery_menu. Also, how long did you wait to plug in your raspberry pi pico?

popops13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
This method worked for me a few weeks ago. Which recovery menu file did you put on your sd card? I used the recovery_menu_dc_init and changed the file to recovery_menu. Also, how long did you wait to plug in your raspberry pi pico?
Hello for me the revovry_menu method did not work yet I tried to rename recovery_menu_dc_init to recovery_menu but it did not work, do you have an idea of my problem? and from how long did it take you to connect the raspberry pi pico?

Hello for me the revovry_menu method did not work yet I tried to rename recovery_menu_dc_init to recovery_menu but it did not work, do you have an idea of my problem? and from how long did it take you to connect the raspberry pi pico?

popops13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Does the LED turn purple? What happened before?

no the led does not become purple, to brick my wii u I installed a hacker game but during the download I crashed and therefore turned off my wii u and since that I can no longer have a display its gives me a blackscreen...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: