Black Screen of Death

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by nemesis2k7, Apr 11, 2015.

1. nemesis2k7
    OP

nemesis2k7 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2013
    United States
    Hey I tried updating to 9.5 emunand with my gateway as i saw it was supported. After I installed the cia I tried launching a game which crashed now my 3ds only gives me a power light and won't turn on. I've tried reformatting the sd card to no luck. Any advice is appreciated. Sorry if this is the wrong forum.

Edit: figured out it's bricked posted in the correct forum looking to find someone to fix it sorry.

2. dsrules

dsrules GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 20, 2005
    you updated emunand to 9.5 and your 3ds bricked? it shouldnt be possible since it only updates nand in sd card

by the way, I dont think there is any game comes with 9.5 fw

3. d0k3

d0k3 3DS Homebrew Legend

Dec 3, 2004
    Gambia, The
    Wrong section. Only guides / tutorials go here. You could try agian in the flashcards section.

4. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    By the way he mentioned it, he updated using CIA files. I know that CIA updating, as far as I'm aware, is an iffy process, sometimes it works and sometimes not. Anyways, are you sure you were on emuNAND and not sysNAND? As well, try booting the 3DS without the SD card inserted. Sometimes it can cause issues in booting.

5. Bubsy Bobcat

Bubsy Bobcat vegtebales

Jul 8, 2015
    Zimbabwe
    Why is this in tutorials? Anyway my best guess for why you're getting a black screen is because you updated to 9.5.0-23 instead of 9.5.0-22. The new encryption thingy was introduced in 23.

6. maxabr

maxabr Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2015
    Serbia, Republic of
    need help!

Nintendo 2ds killed firmware update, soldered cd is inserted into the computer, turn 2ds lights blue screen with the words, but the computer says that an empty card reader and windows does not offer formatting and Win32DiskImager not see the device.
    I tried different cd solder adapters and cables. Is connected to the three laptops with different operating systems, there is no result.
    I do not know what to do!

sorry for bad English :)