Hacking Black screen after splash screen 8.10

L19M

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
So I had an app on my switch that I think may have removed my warmboot.bin or secmon.bin files.

After a bit of back and forth with me trying different CFW versions I got Reinx to spit out the error above, so in my eternal wisdom I followed this video:

Now i'm back at square one. I can boot into Hekate however, I cannot load any CFW(ReInx), when I try to I get the splash screen for half a second then I get a permanent black screen.

My question to who ever reads this is can I recover my switch or have I bricked it?

(I should also note that I lost the NAND backups I had)

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
If you can boot Hekate, then it isn't bricked beyond repair.
Did you get the latest CFW files?
If you have a spare SD card, just put only the CFW files on it.
I also got a black screen after upgrading from 6 to 8. It turned out to be some old files or files in the wrong location.

L19M

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
If you can boot Hekate, then it isn't bricked beyond repair.
Did you get the latest CFW files?
If you have a spare SD card, just put only the CFW files on it.
I also got a black screen after upgrading from 6 to 8. It turned out to be some old files or files in the wrong location.

Thanks for the reply!

Unfortunately I got the latest CFW files, I also wiped the SD card (but I made a backup before hand) and put all the latest CFW stuff on there.

Do you know of a tool that would allow me to see what is going on behind the scenes? something that would show me where it stops working

Last edited by L19M,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game