Hacking Black screen after GW after installing a custom theme?

SaitoKojima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Weird new issue after installing my own custom theme.

Using: Gateway 3.7.1 - emuNAND 10.7U

I installed a theme that I made for myself using the Usagi Theme Editor and installed it with CHMM2. I tend to have my themes shuffled, so I pressed Game Notes on the main menu a couple times so they would shuffle and hopefully I see my theme and check it's functionality.

I'm unsure if it ended up getting to my theme or not, because after the third refresh, it hung at the grey "Home Menu" screen image, forcing me to hard power off the 3DSXL.

Now when I boot into Gateway, the GW logo shows up and then it just hangs on a black screen. Tried to boot into Gateway about 4 times now, and all the same result.

I even tried inserting my SD into my PC and manually deleting my theme off the SD, in case this was causing it. Still the same issue.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird new issue after installing my own custom theme.

Using: Gateway 3.7.1 - emuNAND 10.7U

I installed a theme that I made for myself using the Usagi Theme Editor and installed it with CHMM2. I tend to have my themes shuffled, so I pressed Game Notes on the main menu a couple times so they would shuffle and hopefully I see my theme and check it's functionality.

I'm unsure if it ended up getting to my theme or not, because after the third refresh, it hung at the grey "Home Menu" screen image, forcing me to hard power off the 3DSXL.

Now when I boot into Gateway, the GW logo shows up and then it just hangs on a black screen. Tried to boot into Gateway about 4 times now, and all the same result.

I even tried inserting my SD into my PC and manually deleting my theme off the SD, in case this was causing it. Still the same issue.
hold "down" D-Pad +L+R+B and reset your home menu data while launching your emunand

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Far too late.

I had to end up reformatting everything.

I lost all my emuNAND's Streetpass data, have to reinstall all my shit, and so on.
damn, i just saw your thread... Oh well, next time when you want to install a theme, do not use a bcstm bigger than 3.3mb and try no to use custom sfx, its a test and fai until you get it working...

Last edited by DeslotlCL,

Kyogre

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hold "down" D-Pad +L+R+B and reset your home menu data while launching your emunand
Thank you! I was worried because of that.
It was strange that my console showed the splash screen and after that, the screens turned black. Maybe I had installed a corrupted shuffle theme or someting like that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo