Hacking Black and White games in GeckoOS

mariomaniac33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to boot my backup PAL Mario Kart Wii (Brickblocked and Original) in GeckoOS 1.6, it always boots in black and white. My wii is NTSC. Is there any way to get around this problem? I've tried forcing PAL60, NTSC, and using the vidtv patch, and none of them work. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this problem (besides getting an NTSC copy)?

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Is your TV set PAL or NTSC? Most TVs sold in the US do not support PAL input properly, if at all.

Unlike Europe where finding sets capable of both is easy.

It's also possible the US model Wii doesn't allow PAL video modes. I know the US PS3 doesn't.

mariomaniac33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can boot the game directly and play it in color if I boot it through the wii menu. If I boot it though GeckoOS, it boots in black and white. By the way, I have an NTSC 3.2U wii with a 1.9s wiikey. Any ideas?

The bottom line is, I want to be able to boot Mario Kart Wii once I update to 3.3U (I plan on getting Wario Land: The Shake Dimension when it comes out). Both of my compies (Original and Brick Blocked) are PAL yet I don't think I'll be able to boot either of them once I update.

Cyber-T

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mariomaniac33 said:
I can boot the game directly and play it in color if I boot it through the wii menu. If I boot it though GeckoOS, it boots in black and white. By the way, I have an NTSC 3.2U wii with a 1.9s wiikey. Any ideas?

The bottom line is, I want to be able to boot Mario Kart Wii once I update to 3.3U (I plan on getting Wario Land: The Shake Dimension when it comes out). Both of my compies (Original and Brick Blocked) are PAL yet I don't think I'll be able to boot either of them once I update.

Do you set the tv settings by GeckoOS into your one?

Load the new GeckoOs. There's a colorfix version out now!

Just look into the GeckoOS Channel Thread!

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
or in my sig

this is not yet fully compatible in all games so some may not boot

usa forced to pal doesnt seem to work still

nuke said so in his forums

mariomaniac33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great! Thanks guys! The version I downloaded didn't have the color fix like I thought it did. Once I downloaded the color fix, bam! It worked! Now I just need to see about getting the Mario Kart Channel working (as if it really matters). I just need to figure out how to put a content.bin file into a wad file. I already have blaze's wad packer. Is there anything complex that I need to do? Once I have the wad, I was going to use freethewads on it, and reinstall it on my wii.

jan777

Trophies
XP
Country
not going to work you are better off downloading it

looks like pal to ntsc(j) works quite great

jan777

Trophies
XP
Country
i think mario kart pal came out first

i dunno but for someone like me, who gets to "buy games", i sometimes get pal versions

mariomaniac33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario Kart Wii PAL came out about 2 or 3 weeks before the NTSC-U version came out. I wanted to play the game before it came out, which is why I got the PAL version. I remember beating it with 10 days to spare to play on wifi before the game officially came out.
cool.gif

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
Mario Kart Wii came out in Europe first, then Japan then the US. How about it? Us Europeans getting a game first...

The MKWii Channel is pointless anyway, but if you really want it, then...er, i'm sure there's a .wad file of it somewhere.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: