Homebrew black and white/choppy music gamecube games DM + USB Loader GX

Nakula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to get Dios Mios v2.9 to run my gamecube games from my FAT32 8GB Thumb Drive from USB Loader GX V.r1208 and it works! But the games display in black and white and the background music of metroid prime is choppy and messed up :(. I tried fiddling with the USBLGX loader settings for AGES. Must have tried every combination of everything it feels like. I'll note that i have one of those old vacuum tube TV's with 4:3 display and NTSC seems to be the only thing that works on it. Interestingly enough the games work IN COLOR from Configurable USB loader (version unknown) if i force NTSC, but if i did the same in USBLGX i would get the DM splash screen followed by a never ending black screen. CUSBL also got a black screen here, but would eventually play the game (15 seconds) and in color. the background music was, however, still choppy and messed up. Ideal goal would be to have my gamecubes games load in color with normal sound from USB Loader GX. If anyone could help that would be AMAZING. thx for read.

NOTE: previous to my Dios Mios endeavor, i was able to get my gamecube games running PERFECTLY (color, sound, etc.) with Dios Mios lite and an SD card. only since changing to Dios Mios and USB storage am i facing these problems. Since Wii games run flawlessly from my USB stick, I tend to doubt its a hardware issue; but thats just my guess

SomeWeirdSin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are the games from a different region than your Wii? I had the same problem when loading some Japanese games on my Wii, and just assumed it was a region problem. Try a gc game that is NTSC-U on usb-loader gx.

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like 2 problems are going on here, one is that your flash drive's clustersize is wrong and you need to format at FAT32 with 32kb clustersize, and the other is probably that you are either forcing the wrong video mode or you are playing a PAL region game.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

SomeWeirdSin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like 2 problems are going on here, one is that your flash drive's clustersize is wrong and you need to format at FAT32 with 32kb clustersize, and the other is probably that you are either forcing the wrong video mode or you are playing a PAL region game.

If he is using usb-loader gx, wouldn't it give him a message that he has to reformat his cluster size before he loads the game? I know that in order to play game using dios mios (not lite) you need 32kb cluster size, otherwise a message pops up when you click start.

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If he is using usb-loader gx, wouldn't it give him a message that he has to reformat his cluster size before he loads the game? I know that in order to play game using dios mios (not lite) you need 32kb cluster size, otherwise a message pops up when you click start.

I thought that too, but sometimes the detection on it is a bit fiddly.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1