Hacking Bizzare.

skawo96

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Damn, it's not working...AGAIN.
I reinstalled IOSes again, it worked for a hour, and now there are problems again
sleep.gif

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
How old is your wii?
Can you check with Anytitle Deleter after you got it working again too see how it looks and maybe take photos.

Then when (hopefully not) stops working. Go to Anytitle Deleter again and check if something have changed.

EDIT: Becareful not to delete anything!

skawo96

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
linuxares said:
How old is your wii?
Can you check with Anytitle Deleter after you got it working again too see how it looks and maybe take photos.

Then when (hopefully not) stops working. Go to Anytitle Deleter again and check if something have changed.

EDIT: Becareful not to delete anything!

1,5 year. Not too old. I have 2 Wiis BTW, one far away from another. This one doesn't read any discs/laser broken/, so it should explain why I want USB loader working there, eh?
smileipb2.png

I'll try the ATD.

There we go.
When it's working
System titles (I guess the values aren't needed):
IOS250
IOS249
IOS61
IOS55
IOS53
IOS50
IOS38
IOS16
IOS60
IOS51
IOS10
IOS0
IOS36
IOS14
IOS37
IOS34
IOS35
IOS33
IOS31
IOS30
IOS28
IOS22
IOS20
IOS15
IOS13
IOS12
IOS11
IOS21
IOS17
MIOS
BC
SYSMENU
IOS9
IOS4

skawo96

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
TroyTheZombie said:
I wonder if its your hard drive.

Shouldn't just stop working suddenly.
I already tried it on my second wii and it worked perfectly.

QUOTECios rev 9 is the best.
I tried with 4 revisions already and I don't think it's an cIOS issue, really
rolleyes.gif

skawo96

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
TroyTheZombie said:
Lol, well then I have no clue. never seen a case like this before.

only thing I can think of is its the wii hardware itself (maybe your usb ports are malfunctioning?)
Well, uh, OK, but why then, when I reinstall all the IOSs it works again?

And I still have one game which works even if others don't - Punch out.

Cinzento

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, if I understood right I think you have the same problem as I have.... I was on cios9 and after 10 and the problem is the same...

I have only one game that works perfct too "Excite Bots", but I can play any other games that works to every one... I just load teh Excite bots and play one or two races then I go to the wiimenu without turn off the wii, then I try to load another game and works perfectly... if I turn off the wii I have to do this again if I want to play another game.... it is so strange to me but I thing this is my destiny cause my wii drive is brocken
frown.gif

sorry for my english...

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
skawo96 said:
Well, uh, OK, but why then, when I reinstall all the IOSs it works again?

And I still have one game which works even if others don't - Punch out.

WTF?

lol, I think your wii doesn't like you, lol.
wink2.gif

Seriously, I have no clue, that is one odd problem. Why on earth would that 1 game work?

If I think of something, I'll let you know, but that is one odd problem.

I hope you get it sorted.

skawo96

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh and just to be sure nobody asks - I tried Bootmii recovery, and it worked, but again -only for a while.

QUOTE said:
lol, I think your wii doesn't like you, lol.

It has a right to do so, the laser-broken problem is kinda my fault.
smileipb2.png

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure I'll get flamed for suggesting this but you might want to try running a system update via Nintendo to make sure all of the proper IOS are installed and then running IOS downgrader. I had an issue in the past where only a couple of my backups would play while others just simply stopped working. I did the above and it fixed the problem. Please don't blame me if you lose any homebrew functionality though as I don't know what all you have on your system, ie...preloader, cIOSCORP, etc...

Good Luck...

skawo96

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
0ld8oy said:
I'm sure I'll get flamed for suggesting this but you might want to try running a system update via Nintendo to make sure all of the proper IOS are installed and then running IOS downgrader. I had an issue in the past where only a couple of my backups would play while others just simply stopped working. I did the above and it fixed the problem. Please don't blame me if you lose any homebrew functionality though as I don't know what all you have on your system, ie...preloader, cIOSCORP, etc...

Good Luck...
I got to 4.0 by normal Nintendo upgrade. So, no-go.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Tried diffrent USB Loaders?

I myself use USB Loader GX and Wiiflow USB Loader, maybe that causes the problem?
Also can you try this, backup your harddrive. Then format that litttle ***** and make a WBFS partition again and try one of the games that do not work.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
skawo96 said:
0ld8oy said:

Good Luck...
I got to 4.0 by normal Nintendo upgrade. So, no-go.

If you have downgraded your IOS then you should be able to run the Wii System update regardless if you are already on 4.0 or not.

skawo96

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Tried diffrent USB Loaders?
Lol, I tried v1.0, 1.4, 1.5, GX, Coverflow of Beardface, v1.1. Channel
QUOTE said:
I myself use USB Loader GX and Wiiflow USB Loader, maybe that causes the problem?
Also can you try this, backup your harddrive. Then format that litttle ***** and make a WBFS partition again and try one of the games that do not work.
Tried that already. This was the first thing I tried. And I know it's not the drive.

If you have downgraded your IOS then you should be able to run the Wii System update regardless if you are already on 4.0 or not.
Well, I guess I can try that...

EDIT: Didn't do anything.

Midnightzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you power off your Wii, give it a sec and power it back on, will one of the other games (other than PunchOut) work again?

You say that PunchOut works, is it the first game you try after turning on your Wii?

I've heard something about IOS249 causing problems with games loading, something with a game forced restart or something. This is probably nothing related to you, but maybe it will spark other ideas.

Have the other games ever fully worked? Maybe they are junk images or maybe they didn't fully copy to your WBFS correctly. Delete and recopy the games that do not work, or format the WBFS and start over there.

Other thing that you COULD do, but it would be a pain in the ass... Restore your Wii back to an 'original' state and then start fresh. (I dont know a ton, but I think NandClean or something like that will re-virginize your wii) Update to 4.0 -> bannerbomb -> hbc -> cios/dvdx/bootmii -> hd backup loder.

Good luck, hope you get it all figured out.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man...I guess you're SOL. Aside from reinstalling your system menu, formatting, and starting from scratch. This is a pretty unique problem.

skawo96

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
If you power off your Wii, give it a sec and power it back on, will one of the other games (other than PunchOut) work again?

No.

QUOTE said:
You say that PunchOut works, is it the first game you try after turning on your Wii?

No, I try games at random.

QUOTE said:
Have the other games ever fully worked? Maybe they are junk images or maybe they didn't fully copy to your WBFS correctly. Delete and recopy the games that do not work, or format the WBFS and start over there.

As I said few times already, I tried them on other Wii and they worked perfectly. Also, after I reinstall all IOSes they also work. And, I already tried formatting.

Other thing that you COULD do, but it would be a pain in the ass... Restore your Wii back to an 'original' state and then start fresh. (I dont know a ton, but I think NandClean or something like that will re-virginize your wii) Update to 4.0 -> bannerbomb -> hbc -> cios/dvdx/bootmii -> hd backup loder.

If I'm desperate (which I'll be tommorow) I'll do that
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all