Hacking Bizzare.

zapu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Maybe the wii tries to talk to the drive when you load game. And sometimes it succeeds and sometimes it fails. When it fails, the game does not load. Otherwise, I have no clue...

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
1. Is it a region changed wii?
2. Do you have a chip?

I have similar problem using originals or copies using the disc drive... though didn't test the usb loader a lot on this 4.0E wii, I mainly use my 3.2U wii...

I tested below behaviour difference between IOS 30 & IOS 60, also maybe helpful..

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=1953031

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hmm... this is really a odd problem. Since it works fine with the other wii and not this wii.

Have you a big SD card? Like a SDHC card? Just try a game on it instead too see what happens.

skawo96

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
To answer the questions...

QUOTE said:
Maybe the wii tries to talk to the drive when you load game. And sometimes it succeeds and sometimes it fails. When it fails, the game does not load. Otherwise, I have no clue...

To nie to
tongue.gif
My disc drive WORKS, it's only the laser. If it tried to speak to the drive, inserting a disc would fix it. And it didn't.

QUOTE said:
No.

QUOTE said:
2. Do you have a chip?
No. Why would I need one in a Wii without a working laser?

Do the wii community a favor, fix your optical drive and see if it works tongue.gif
Makes sense that no one else has trouble if it is for some reason activating the drive before it tries to load the game. Could be some system sub routine.

As to why it works after reloading, maybe the reloading resets something.

Try this, reload the IOS's again, turn off your wii before trying anything, wait a few, then power on and try again. If it doesn't work, then the reloading is only fixing your problem temporarily and its probably related to your broken hardware.

Heh, if it would be as easy "fix it". It would require buying a new laaer (which I don't have an option to)....and...it worked before for few months so I don't think it's "system's subroutine".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BTW. After a night the thing still works, but I don't think it just "fixed itself"....

Reboot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do the wii community a favor, fix your optical drive and see if it works
tongue.gif

Makes sense that no one else has trouble if it is for some reason activating the drive before it tries to load the game. Could be some system sub routine.

As to why it works after reloading, maybe the reloading resets something.

Try this, reload the IOS's again, turn off your wii before trying anything, wait a few, then power on and try again. If it doesn't work, then the reloading is only fixing your problem temporarily and its probably related to your broken hardware.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
skawo96 said:

QUOTE said:
No.

QUOTE2. Do you have a chip?

2. Well maybe not in it's entire life time but I guess you had it working in some period of time... For ex. mine was working without a problem before and after some time getting chipped...

skawo96

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiCrazy said:
skawo96 said:

QUOTE said:
No.

QUOTE2. Do you have a chip?

2. Well maybe not in it's entire life time but I guess you had it working in some period of time... For ex. mine was working without a problem before and after some time getting chipped...

Since I had no intention in getting a new laser, I unsoldered it and sold it. Simple as that.

I'm getting back to 3.2

I want to make a FS dump to get the wads from there and then remove HBC, cIOS, format my Wii, install HBC and cIOS back and see if that works. If not, bootmii restore,
tongue.gif

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
skawo96 said:
Since I had no intention in getting a new laser, I unsoldered it and sold it. Simple as that.

I have problems getting back to 3.2. Everything hangs when downloading System Menu. Could somebody provide a title id for 3.2 sysmenu for NUS?

I want to make a FS dump to get the wads from there and then remove HBC, cIOS, format my Wii, install HBC and cIOS back and see if that works. If not, bootmii restore,
tongue.gif

Ok that sounds logical,

title id : 0000000100000002
version : 289 (U) or 290(E)

skawo96

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Back on 3.2, games started to work. Interesting. Would be that a 4.0 issue, perhaps?

QUOTE said:
title id : 0000000100000002
version : 289 (U) or 290(E)

Ok, I figured it out already
happy.gif

I'll wait a hour and if it stays like that, I'll say it's fixed.

Reboot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
skawo96 said:
Nope.
hate2.gif

Oh well. Since a format didn't do a thing, I guess only rev14 can save me.
Since your the only one with this issue, I doubt rev14 will help you. Unless they are aware of a bug, or fix it accidentally, I wouldn't hold my breath.

skawo96

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Reboot said:
skawo96 said:
Nope.
hate2.gif

Oh well. Since a format didn't do a thing, I guess only rev14 can save me.
Since your the only one with this issue, I doubt rev14 will help you. Unless they are aware of a bug, or fix it accidentally, I wouldn't hold my breath.
Yeah, I know...
Still, there's a slight chance.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I just wonder... what would happen if your format your Wii. Now I don't know if anything will break or not.

EDIT: Flatmii would suit you perfect
wink.gif

skawo96

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
linuxares said:
I just wonder... what would happen if your format your Wii. Now I don't know if anything will break or not.

EDIT: Flatmii would suit you perfect
wink.gif

Hey, like I said, I formatted my Wii. Reinstalling everything worked at first but then...;P

Yeah, probably.

sempron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It seems like some hardware problem. I have too a dead drive wii, works with USB loader perfectly.

Before the all the loaders (backup, usb), i've installed a few wiiware games, and removed the drive. Some of the games worked, some don't, and suddenly all stopped. As soon as I reinstalled a drive, everything worked like a charm (well, besides playing from dvd-s
smile.gif
)

Check the coonections between the drive and the board, maybe they are gotten loose a bit?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Werid went to put my ps5 ssd into my pcs m.2 bay and no detection