Gaming Birth By Sleep help please!

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the confusion might be in the fact that there are about 8 different prometheus firmwares(4 for 5.03, and 4 for 5.50) and there's a chance it will only work on the very latest.

PsychoticDust

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Jolan said:
What do you mean, not working? BBS untouched iso works perfect on Prometheus firmware. It's just that the Data Install option isn't working.

Also, if you have the KHBBS plugin, remove it.

Nothing else comes BBS related comes up on my PSP other than the option to install the data and when I select it my screen goes black, though I've been told that is in fact the launch game option and just a fail on SE's part. I've already tried disabling all of my plugins.

QUOTE(thedicemaster @ Sep 5 2010, 01:14 AM) the confusion might be in the fact that there are about 8 different prometheus firmwares(4 for 5.03, and 4 for 5.50) and there's a chance it will only work on the very latest.

What version is the latest?

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
PsychoticDust said:
What version is the latest?
that's where the problem lies, there's no version numbering.
but you can be sure you got the latest if you get it from the source(some chinese forum)

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
"Install data" in your XMB Game menu is indeed the game, and is a fail on Squenix's part.

If you're using the BBS plugin, disable it or just get rid of it completely, because you won't need it anymore (unless of course you plan on still playing the Japanese version but I highly doubt that).

And get a patched version (for all CFW) of the game, that way you're sure you won't encounter any problems whatsoever.

PsychoticDust

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Overlord Nadrian said:
"Install data" in your XMB Game menu is indeed the game, and is a fail on Squenix's part.

If you're using the BBS plugin, disable it or just get rid of it completely, because you won't need it anymore (unless of course you plan on still playing the Japanese version but I highly doubt that).

And get a patched version (for all CFW) of the game, that way you're sure you won't encounter any problems whatsoever.
I've already disabled all of my plugins.

That's what I've been trying to get to work.
frown.gif
I'm going to try the none patched version as I have nothing to lose and I'm going to hunt for the latest version of prometheus, though I'm sure I have it already...

This is really annoying. Thanks for your continued help!

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
That's weird.

I'll post the setup of my recovery menu, perhaps there's a combination of options that you need to enable/disable respectively to get the game working? I really don't know.

Before that though, which plugins do you have? I have usersyslib.prx [GAME] set to Enabled, and KHBBS_patch.prx [GAME] set to Disabled; I have no other plugins.

This is the Prometheus version I'm using.

PsychoticDust

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Overlord Nadrian said:
That's weird.

I'll post the setup of my recovery menu, perhaps there's a combination of options that you need to enable/disable respectively to get the game working? I really don't know.

Before that though, which plugins do you have? I have usersyslib.prx [GAME] set to Enabled, and KHBBS_patch.prx [GAME] set to Disabled; I have no other plugins.

This is the Prometheus version I'm using.
Yeah tell me about it...

Thanks, that might be helpful.

As far as plugins go I have: cxmb.prx [VSH], cwcheat.prx [GAME] and cwcheatpops.prx [POPS]. I've already disabled them all.

I'm sure I'm using the same one as you. Maybe it's worth installing it just in case?

EDIT: AT LAST!! All I done was change the version of Prometheus that I'm using to the one that you're on. I'm just watching the intro screen now. So far so good! If I have any other issues I'll post again, but otherwise thanks so much for all of your help and to everyone else who posted as well!

PsychoticDust

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Overlord Nadrian said:
Glad you got it working!
smile.gif

There should be no problems anymore now.
Thanks, though I couldn't of done it without you.

My PSP keeps freezing at a particular point in the Enchanted Dominion with Aqua. Very odd...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)