Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
By the way, if you peeps interested in IT, check these are documentaries out, they are long as fuck but IMO they are awesome as fuck!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caAqFFhBn2U&list=UUDWRGUs_jy1nESYT-BlnP8A&index=2&feature=plcp[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCQXwIIlMYc&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wait someone made a 3 hour documentary on a theory for a videogame ending...?

Jesus I thought I wasted my days off. That's a whole new level.

Reactions: 2 people
D

Deleted User

I REALLY hope Bioware does not change the ending, It was bad enough they bent to people by doing this.

Adding to it I wouldn't mind, but i'll see next week.

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
So the EC is out.
Half the peeps are pissed, and the other half are pleased, and both groups are pissed at each other. According to BSN anyway V:
My new favorite choice is Control, feels so badass~

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the EC is out.
Half the peeps are pissed, and the other half are pleased, and both groups are pissed at each other. According to BSN anyway V:
My new favorite choice is Control, feels so badass~

I think people were already approaching it being gloomy sourpusses that nothing short of an entirely different game would please them. Plus those who hate the ending are broken into two groups: those who hate it because the lack of choices it factored in and those who hate it because it wasn't full of rainbows and sunshine. I think this DLC address the former and not the latter so the latter people will be pissed either way.

Personally I don't really care, I liked the ending and I really don't think I'll download the almost 2GB DLC and replay the ending. Maybe on another run through of the game but for now I'm satisfied with multiplayer.

Reactions: 1 person

rehevkor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm mostly pleased, while it doesn't change the ending (no one should have expected it to)[1], it does fix a ton of problems. Also makes all the ending a lot less grim.

One thing that did strike me, was the old endings where very final. They seemed to really FINISH the franchise. All the chracters we know stranded, society as we know it is fucked in every way. These endings leave it on a higher note, right open for sequels etc. I thought it was brave for Bioware to do that in the old endings.

[1] Although one obvious big change was that the Mass Relays were all damaged, rather than compley destroyed. All the ends hint or pretty much confirm that they were rebuilt.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[1] Although one obvious big change was that the Mass Relays were all damaged, rather than compley destroyed. All the ends hint or pretty much confirm that they were rebuilt.

They've said that Mass Effect as a franchise will continue, just nothing involving Shepard directly. That being said, I'm surprised they didn't keep the relays destroyed, it could have set the stage for a very good MMO environment. With the joint fleets of the races stranded in humanity's side of the galaxy, only turmoil could brew. Set a MMO several years after Mass Effect 3 so space travel and civilization is still relatively rebuilt but the whole plot would involve a war between the races.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Though I never had any problem with the original endings, the EC definitely improved upon them. It confirmed the things I assumed such as:

the "Starchild" being a rogue AI

leic7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I echo about the 'control' one. Jennifer Hale's final narration was well done (and the writing was good too). Her narration alone has elevated that particular ending up a notch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...