Hacking Binding Of Isaac: Rebirth doesn't appear to work on 9.5 or lower

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't read the manual of seed encrypted games, unless you have the seed.
Where is the actual option to read the manual anyway? What happens if u try? Does it store some kinda system error which could be seen as a flag by ninty? ( for those that game online)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Where is the actual option to read the manual anyway? What happens if u try? Does it store some kinda system error which could be seen as a flag by ninty? ( for those that game online)
it appears on the homescreen if present, some earlier games had a pysical manual and no electronic manual, but then nintendo decided to try save ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶n̶e̶y̶ the world by reducing paper usage by switching to digital manuals rather than physical so now all games come with the digital manual built in
Screenshot_1.png

if the manual is missing it will just say open

Hellhacker1990

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First of all, a big thank you to @Ronhero and @aliak11 for going to the effort of cryptofixing this.

For those that have played aliak's cryptofixed version, is anyone finding that on normal mode you're getting enemy combinations/rooms that shouldn't be on normal? For example getting 2-3 champion enemies in one room. As someone who has 100% the game on PC and is closing in on 100% on psn, to me it seems that this game is a lot tougher from the get go than it should be and as a result, i'm wondering if its a case that during the cryptofix of the game did something happen to alter one of the values to make the game a lot tougher than say if you got it legit via eshop.

Thanks to anyone in advance.

To Clarify: I'm using ReiNAND for n3DS, emunand was setup using GW and updated to 9.5. I've also tried installing it to SysNAND with PastaCFW and get the same results.

Last edited by Hellhacker1990,

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
You wouldn't be able to see it anyway. (unless there's a way to decrypt the manual)
Why would you be able to decrypt the cxi, but not the cfa? It has different/better AP? Doesn't make any sense.

He just left if off, plain and simple. Probably a rush job just to get it out before bedtime or something lol.

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it appears on the homescreen if present, some earlier games had a pysical manual and no electronic manual, but then nintendo decided to try save ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶n̶e̶y̶ the world by reducing paper usage by switching to digital manuals rather than physical so now all games come with the digital manual built in
Screenshot_1.png

if the manual is missing it will just say open
Btw, what's that skull icon in the bottom left of your image?

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you be able to decrypt the cxi, but not the cfa? It has different/better AP? Doesn't make any sense.

He just left if off, plain and simple. Probably a rush job just to get it out before bedtime or something lol.

So reading about game update files, if they release patch 1.0 soon, do we end up losing any game progress from the cia or... someone has to install the patch and can resumption the game as ver 1.1x??
Sorry, never applied an update before, just dlc.

clank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
So reading about game update files, if they release patch 1.0 soon, do we end up losing any game progress from the cia or... someone has to install the patch and can resumption the game as ver 1.1x??
Sorry, never applied an update before, just dlc.
You keep the progress unless the developers explicitly deletes your progress through updates, but I haven't seen it or heard about it.

EDIT: Also, confirming it works on EUR n3ds reinand emuNand 9.5

Last edited by clank,

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So riding on this since it's sorta related, how do we get a cia to stop having to do the whole "gift unwrap" thing? I've found some guides but they're related to non-N3DS models, so i'm not sure if it's any different.

I don't have anything installed on sysnand side except I ran the CN and mset exploit, to allow sysnand to boot Gateway without using CN/OoT first. There's nothing really on emunand side one new .cia game. ;-) How can I stop the 'new gift' box everytime in emunand without funking up my 3ds? (obviously can't do any steps that make u update/go to eshop, since latest version fw isn't compatible w emunand.

Thanks for any info and/or links!

HtheB

Trophies
Website
www.HtheB.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ha! Already found the very first Bug of the game :P

nothing much, but its still a bug.

Press the Home button while the intro is playing.. and press it again to return into the game:
The sound will be totally out of sync :P

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
So riding on this since it's sorta related, how do we get a cia to stop having to do the whole "gift unwrap" thing? I've found some guides but they're related to non-N3DS models, so i'm not sure if it's any different.

I don't have anything installed on sysnand side except I ran the CN and mset exploit, to allow sysnand to boot Gateway without using CN/OoT first. There's nothing really on emunand side one new .cia game. ;-) How can I stop the 'new gift' box everytime in emunand without funking up my 3ds? (obviously can't do any steps that make u update/go to eshop, since latest version fw isn't compatible w emunand.

Thanks for any info and/or links!

Unlink EMUNAND

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bug I noticed that makes things a little more challenging. Spoiler Alert

Satans statue is Invisible - First phase visible - Second Visible - Third Invisible (Cannot see legs at all, worms are visible)

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just heard that messing with system stuff or clearing out the mset change, can brick your 3ds, so I was concerned about unlinking, unless formatting doesn't actually change the current GW MSET exploit.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Bug I noticed that makes things a little more challenging. Spoiler Alert

Satans statue is Invisible - First phase visible - Second Visible - Third Invisible (Cannot see legs at all, worms are visible)

Is this a mistake from the cryptofix? Someone also said that the "normal" difficulty may be glitched to hard mode or something? does Nicalis needs to release an update patch?

So that just entails formatting sysnand correct? Will that wipe off the CN/mset/gw exploit then?

try making a new thread. Greater chance of more people responding.

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The invisible enemies/graphics/etc, are supposed to be addressed in the upcoming patch. eshop users are stating these issues prior to the cryptofix version being released btw.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night