Gaming BIGGER hard drive

slyfirth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
so there is no way to put a bigger hard drive on my 360 got all the games but like to play them form the hard drive but 120 is just not big???
any help
mad.gif

benbop1992

Trophies
XP
Country
No offence mate, but playing you games of the HDD actully makes it slower to load. 120gb's is the highest it will go ATM.
I Recommend taking the games out of the HDD and play straight from the disk, cos at the end of the day, you gots to put the disk in anyway.

slyfirth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
so the hd drive is slower than the disc drive ?
so no way to play games from external hard drive
i no i will have to have the disc in
cheers mate for the replay

benbop1992

Trophies
XP
Country
slyfirth said:
I play a lot of H3, bungie actully made a popup when you play it to boot it off the disk

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a way to get a WD 250GB to read as a normal Xbox HDD. Halo 3 is an exetion as to the way it was coded. There is plenty of news around that, however I play some games off mine and there is little difference. Forza 3 seems to load only slightly faster for me.

Snappo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
slyfirth said:

Yes, you have to have the disk in. Loading games through the HDD makes the Xbox 360 not work as hard, and can make loading times faster, and it will make the Xbox "silent". Also there is a way to put in you're own HDD, but you'll have to flash the new HDD.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Noticed a difference after installing ACII but my advice is not to install all your games just ones with long load times that annoy you, it does decrease these slightly and remove the disc noise (one of the main reasons I installed FFXIII, so I didn't have my Xbox fan in the way of the music etc.)

slyfirth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Arp1 said:
slyfirth said:

Yes, you have to have the disk in. Loading games through the HDD makes the Xbox 360 not work as hard, and can make loading times faster, and it will make the Xbox "silent". Also there is a way to put in you're own HDD, but you'll have to flash the new HDD.

how do i do it and how big of a hard drive can i use

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
With a non-JTAG console, 250GB is the biggest it can currently use. You need a 250GB (or higher, but it won't see the extra space) WD HDD like the Scorpio Blue (I think it was called - some strange name like that anyway) and HddHackr. It allows you to flash the drive with a HDDSS.bin (sector data) from the official 250GB Xbox drive to make it look official. Then you just need a T6 (or was it T8?) screwdriver to crack open your xbox HDD case, swap them around, and voila, bigger HDD.

If you can JTAG your console, you can use any drive at all, even from the USB.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Originality it's a T6.

If you want to keep backwards compatability you also need the second partition. I found a good tutorial here. It worked for me and was done in literally 15 minutes.

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
slyfirth said:
so 250gb is the bigest so can i do 2 250gb and swap them so i have games on both?
cheers for the help

Yes, can I just ask why do two drives though?

I have 30+ games installed on my 360, loads of arcade games / DLC and I still have 50gb free on the drive.

If i ever did run out of space I would just delete a few games that I never play, I installed King Kong just because I had the space to... however I've not played that since 2006. You cant really play 40+ games at once can you?
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU +1