Hacking BIG PROBLEM :[

Jupiterman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right area, feel free to redirect me but... My sister was messing with the files on my cart and switched the default open program for all .sav files to notepad, I was worried so i started it up and opened a game and it got stuck on the screen that would be right before it created/read the .sav file.... could anyone help me figure out how to switch all of these and be able to open them?

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Let's go step by step~

Jupiterman said:
I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right area, feel free to redirect me but... My sister was messing with the files on my cart and switched the default open program for all .sav files to notepad,This is on your PC right? YOu have set default program to open .sav files to notepad?

QUOTE(Jupiterman @ Sep 28 2009, 07:39 AM) I was worried so i started it up and opened a game and it got stuck on the screen that would be right before it created/read the .sav file.... could anyone help me figure out how to switch all of these and be able to open them?
You started up what? Notepad or your Acekard? I completely don't undestand this at all.

Jupiterman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok first off "aformat"? and ok lets comfirm these steps.

1.Yes this is on my PC where my files were changed.

2.I started up my acekard and went to Scribblenauts, started it, it got to the title screen, I hit start, and then it just stopped.

Posts merged

i believe its 1.18? Whichever one is running kingdom hearts now. My ds firmware is 1.14

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Jupiterman said:
1.Yes this is on my PC where my files were changed.

2.I started up my acekard and went to Scribblenauts, started it, it got to the title screen, I hit start, and then it just stopped.1. Your files aren't changed if you set notepad as default for .sav files. This data is written in the registry IIRC.
2. So basically SCribblenauts work up to the point when you get to the title screen? What about other games?
QUOTEi believe its 1.18? Whichever one is running kingdom hearts now. My ds firmware is 1.14
No such thing.
frown.gif

Jupiterman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh now I feel ignorant, I guess its not working because of the new AK. Well then I'm glad I dont have to worry about pokemon or kingdom hearts aha, thanks.

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
From What I have read I suspect you don't use akaio at all, so I recommend you install it immediately. All the info you need is up there in the sticky.

dhjohn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, just changing the file open behavior should not effect anything, however, if a sav was opened and saved in Notepad... bad things happen. The file was most likely converted from binary format to ascii format. Don't ask me what the difference is (sense ascii is saved as binary), but I've noticed this can happen when saving binary files with text readers.
I'm not really sure what to do about it though. Your other saves shouldn't be affected though.
~dhjohn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: