Big Playstation announcement coming February 20th

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to say not to get too hyped as tons of these "teasers" turn out to be completely underwhelming.

...However, with reports from WSJ and that they're livestreaming it means it's something pretty big. Also that's it's so broadly Playstation would suggest it's not really a single game or something.

I'd put some credit towards something like a redesign of the Playstation Home.

kimekaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Announcing the Playstation Fourbis just a few months from E3 would be stupid. They would get FAR more hype by popping it out at that event.

That said, it is Sony. They built their small gaming empire on hyping the magic powers of their game machines.

I will buy it if it's called the Playstation Fourbis though. Day one.

Rockym

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Announcing the Playstation Fourbis just a few months from E3 would be stupid. They would get FAR more hype by popping it out at that event.

That said, it is Sony. They built their small gaming empire on hyping the magic powers of their game machines.

I will buy it if it's called the Playstation Fourbis though. Day one.

They did it with both the PS3 and the Vita. It wouldn't be stupid at all. E3 isn't as great as it used to be. More and more companies are doing their own announcements/events before E3 to announce big things. Then they use E3 to bring more info on it.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Not at all, really. By revealing the PS4 (if that's what they are doing) early, they can preempt Microsoft's reveal and build up momentum for their console. If this thing is coming out by the end of the year, revealing its existence only a few months before its release would be a pretty bad strategy. Besides, E3's hardly the institution it used to be anyway.

Anyway... Wonderbook sequel or bust!

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to say not to get too hyped as tons of these "teasers" turn out to be completely underwhelming.

...However, with reports from WSJ and that they're livestreaming it means it's something pretty big. Also that's it's so broadly Playstation would suggest it's not really a single game or something.

I'd put some credit towards something like a redesign of the Playstation Home.
is psvita Lite

screencap this post

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I give E3 maybe 3 more years, tops, before it disappears. It costs companies waaay too much money to run and do presentations. That's one of the reasons why I like Nintendo Direct, because they don't talk an audience in their seats, they don't have shitty "players" coming up and showing off the game. It's just them themselves, and us. It's great. It keeps everything cost effective, quick, no bullshit.

D

Deleted User

They are just copying Nintendo direct now. Stupid Sony has no gaems.

lul they r juz coppeying nintndo direct now. Stipid Sony has no gaems.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It'll be something Nintendo has already done.

:yaypsp:

Nah just kidding, I actually hope Sony get their act together. I felt that they had the better exclusive content and online services compared to Microsoft despite how they've handled the Vita. PS3 seems to be catching up in terms of sales and it deserves it too.

AS for Vita, well they turned the PS3 around quite well so it always has a future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/2byHyqiZVS8?si=Qr7te3eS9u0xQYDh