endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Chances are it'll be some indie game coming to Wii U, or some new Smash character. Or something that is not big at all and no one cares about. But aren't those two the same thing? ;o;

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, i'll enter in the predictions thing here, this is pretty unlikely to happen, but i'm betting that Star Tropics might get release a sequel, Startropics 3, yeah, out of all the Nintendo franchises that Nintendo has (Not counting, Castle of Shikigami), Startropics is the one that stayed with the NES, and it didn't received anything at all, outside of a VC game, so, that's what i'm predicting, seems unlikely, but possible.

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it will be NX but I wouldn't discard the possibility.
Developers are already working with NX hardware.
Nintendo clearly knows WiiU is a failure(considering number of sales)
Releasing a console now would make WiiU just history and they would have something brand new to sell,
they would have the possibility to have the strongest console of the three big companies.
and correct all the mistakes WiiU had.

I see people saying that announcing it right before christmas is risky,
but if they announced it to be released right before christmas would be a fantastic market strategy.

It could also be that they announced what NX will be and release it somewhere around E3,
then they could already sell NX with plenty of games also been announced for it.

That's definitely a "no", but I do agree on that as a marketting strategy. It's supposed to go into mass production this coming spring, with an expected 10-12million units to be sold in 2016 alone. So it's DEFINITELY coming out between Q2 and Q3 next year, or even sooner.

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dare say they have already, however they probably just pulled a Disney and gave it to someone else at the last moment (they also own touchstone pictures http://www.imdb.com/company/co0049348/ and used to own miramax). I have not got any examples but I am sure you could find something they significantly financed in some way, perhaps published and still retain some measure of the rights to and that would ultimately gain whatever the local equivalent of an 18 rating is.
Eternal Darkness come to mind.

m_babble

Elder Phantom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt they're gonna hype up the NX after telling everyone to run out and buy their console bundles for the holidays.
A teaser for a Smash Bros. Nintendo Direct seems kind of underwhelming and the whole Zelda ordeal has been super dodgy, which somehow I don't expect to change any time soon.
I guess we'll see.

Hyperstar96

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FINAL FANTASY 19

I thought DS was successor of the GBA, as a replacement for it.
http://www.nintendojo.com/features/specials/a-pillar-too-many

"At the time, Nintendo described the system as a “third pillar,” a new brand of system separate from Game Boy and GameCube and not meant to be a replacement of either."
"... Just as Virtual Boy stood and fell on its own, Nintendo didn’t want DS to risk tarnishing any existing brands should it meet the same fate as its experimental brethren."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: What the hell was that Syl?