• Nintendo going software only

Votes: 14 5.2%

• Total voters

w!!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the big news really that Minecraft is coming to the Wii U? Really... because that's a sad announcement if that's it. Not because of the game, but because it's been available for other systems for so long. This is just another "Look we're doing great, we're releasing games years old for our NEW console!"

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Nintendo going software only" made me lol.

They're making a fortune off the 3DS & co, and the Wii U is finally becoming profitable. The NX is also on the horizon. Why on earth would Nintendo go "Software only" ?
Because they're nintendoomed. GBA Temp has insider knowledge that Nintendo will file for bankruptcy soon and then they'll put Mario on the Xbox.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Minecraft for the Wii U? That's it? Unless it has open mod support (which Nintendo would never allow on their system) and gives free blowjobs/cunnilingus, I wouldn't consider that big news at all. It's more along the lines of footnote worthy news.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because they're nintendoomed. GBA Temp has insider knowledge that Nintendo will file for bankruptcy soon and then they'll put Mario on the Xbox.
but nintendo doesn't make software anymore all they do is make hardware
it has to be the majority of their failing business

without hardware N is Nothing
unless they decide to start making 1st party games again and i do not mean shit ones either like half assed or quarter or 1/8 assed games like 2.5d shit and federation force and triforce zeros
funny that nintendo keeps on making new hardware but then they only makes games that could have been done on GBA hardware
why do they even bother making new hardware if they never even make any games that take full advantage of it anymore?
ir emeber mario world took full advantage of the SNES, mario 64 took full advantage of the N64
and this was at launch GC took some time but they had 1st party titles that took advantage of the new hardware
wii did for awhile too
then it all went to pure shit and all we see now are lazy 2d and 2.5d side scrollers with nintendo character branding
if they plan on going software only they may as well just call it quits and sell off the rights of their most popular franchises to someone who will actually make use of them

Last edited by weatMod,

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Is the big news really that Minecraft is coming to the Wii U? Really... because that's a sad announcement if that's it. Not because of the game, but because it's been available for other systems for so long. This is just another "Look we're doing great, we're releasing games years old for our NEW console!"
It's a big deal minecraft is finally coming to a nintendo platform. The game has been in the NPD top 10 for years and has basically been the "it" game every kid wants to play over the same amount of time. Nintendo is a kid-friendly platform so I think it will do very well despite the wiiu platform underperforming in general.

Was kinda disappointed in no 3ds announcement, but we'll see if that changes in the future.

Last edited by zoogie,
Reactions: kehkou

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but nintendo doesn't make software anymore all they do is make hardware
it has to be the majority of their failing business

with hardware N is Nothing
unless they decide to start making 1st party games again and i do not mean shit ones either like half assed or quarter or 1/8 assed games like 2.5d shit and federation force and triforce zeros
funny nintendo keep make new hardware but only makes games that could have been done on GBA hardware
why do they even bother making new hardware if they never even make any game sthat take advantage of it anymore?
iremeber marioworl took full advantage of the SNES, mario 64 took full advantage of the N64
and this was at launch GC took some times but they had 1st party titles that took advantage of the new hardware
wii did for awhile too
then it all went to pure shit and all we see are 2d and 2.5d side scrollers with nintendo character branding
if they plan on going HW only they may as well just call it quits and sell of the rights of their most popular franchises to someone who will actually make use of them
blahblah.gif

funnystory

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this was fucked up,excuse my french.Zelda Wii U should have been out by now. I buy their fail console knowing it isn't going to succeed as a token of my appreciation for almost 20 years of nintendo consoles. Why can't we just get donkey kong,mario,zelda,super mario bros,ect in HIGH def with a normal controller. I just do not understand nintendo's decisions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey