• Nintendo going software only

Votes: 14 5.2%

• Total voters

amoulton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Porting something that's been out for years is hardly an announcement.
I call this 'the lazy meme'

96oyTjq.png

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From a marketing standpoint, this is pretty big, actually. So many kids are going to want a WiiU at this point, and the fact that it's including all of the third party skins like Skyrim and all of that, it's going to be very close to the Xbox One counterpart, on a MUCH cheaper system. Most kids want a console for Minecraft anyway, and if the gamepad is used for menus and items, I will definitely be picking up a copy.

Announcing the NX before Christmas would be a dumb idea, since Nintendo confirmed they were still supporting the WiiU along with the NX.

Helmax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From a marketing standpoint, this is pretty big, actually. So many kids are going to want a WiiU at this point, and the fact that it's including all of the third party skins like Skyrim and all of that, it's going to be very close to the Xbox One counterpart, on a MUCH cheaper system. Most kids want a console for Minecraft anyway, and if the gamepad is used for menus and items, I will definitely be picking up a copy.

Announcing the NX before Christmas would be a dumb idea, since Nintendo confirmed they were still supporting the WiiU along with the NX.
This.

I was just about to say the same thing.
I got what I wanted this year anyways. The Dragon Quest announcements.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry, i'm just going to say it.
I fail to see how anyone can enjoy Minecraft. Enlighten me. (I'm not being mean, just simply curious)
I think ashens summed it quite well in one of his videos about a knock-off toy: they completely managed to nail the sort-of grind/reward system which makes these things very addictive.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would be such a happy boy if Nintendo went console software only, but kept making the 3DS. I really dont think this is going to happen yet, but it would be a pretty smart move.
No, no it wouldn't.

Realistically or at least as close as possible. Mobile Games including Pokemon. Holiday deals. SSB. Pokemon Z. Another game tournament.
The account system and Nintendo Club replacement. Maybe Minecraft.

I didn't think it could be anything else bigger than this. Not for some random announcement.
Well, I tried to tell you guys. :P

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Infinite joy! I hope I can import my nation from PC. Building metros without commands is too time consuming.
I'm sorry, i'm just going to say it.
I fail to see how anyone can enjoy Minecraft. Enlighten me. (I'm not being mean, just simply curious)
You have to have a stomach for civil engineering, electrical engineering, or architecture (or just be into mining or farming).

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, those of you who thought it was N X related where being flat out stupid.

And I warned everyone that it would be nothing, because it was simply a guy on a podcast(don't effing care that he works for nintendo, for all intents and purposes he is just a guy on a podcast). If it had been a -real- big announcement, we would have most likely gotten a direct.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
*assumes Minecraft was the big announcement*
Wat Minecraft Wii U Edition costs 30€? That's expensive af. I got it for 18€ on Vita and it even came with the PS3 version.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

*assumes Minecraft was the big announcement*
Wat Minecraft Wii U Edition costs 30€? That's expensive af. I got it for 18€ on Vita and it even came with the PS3 version.
Nintendo will be charging 30€ for Minecraft? That's now even how currency exchange works...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol