Hacking big N

marleymoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is something im curious about when some unlucky guy bricks their wii and as to send it to big n what do they do to fix it ,is it a piece of hard ware swap or some kind of flash that they do ,it would be great if the scene guys got hold of this information like they did in the psp world when they introduced the pandora battery

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you should use the seach button before asking, as it has been answered a hundred times.

And we are already capable of hacking the wii and then recovering it, why would we need a pandoras battery when we have bootmii and nand dumps.

failthread

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you want neat info like this you might want to visit hackmii.com its the site of those ingenious team twiizers guys who are the granddaddys of the WII hacking and homebrew scene. They do alot of indepth talk about WII internals and nintendo policies. Pretty sure there is a post that details what nintendo seems to do when they receive a bricked WII.

Sooo in the time it took most of you to think of the incredibly clever /fail, fail sauce, search newb etc....I've actually directed someone on how to find their answer!

Granted I too do not have the answer, but I am willing to provide the resource to find it!

Wow...its like message boards were actually made for this type of thing....not elitist self ego fluffing.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TRushInfo said:
you should use the seach button before asking, as it has been answered a hundred times.

And we are already capable of hacking the wii and then recovering it, why would we need a pandoras battery when we have bootmii and nand dumps.

failthread

not everyone can use bootmii as boot2...:-(, I am one of those...

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
PBC said:
If you want neat info like this you might want to visit hackmii.com its the site of those ingenious team twiizers guys who are the granddaddys of the WII hacking and homebrew scene. They do alot of indepth talk about WII internals and nintendo policies. Pretty sure there is a post that details what nintendo seems to do when they receive a bricked WII.

Sooo in the time it took most of you to think of the incredibly clever /fail, fail sauce, search newb etc....I've actually directed someone on how to find their answer!

Granted I too do not have the answer, but I am willing to provide the resource to find it!

Wow...its like message boards were actually made for this type of thing....not elitist self ego fluffing.

bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

bin thinkin the same thing for a life time

marleymoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PBC said:

thankyou there are some normal people left after all

Blue Lynel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In case you don't feel it necessary to read yourself, because in this case I have done so obviously, I will tell you here because this interested me also and I would like to share the information.
wink.gif

Someone over in Germany returned a bricked Wii to Nintendo of Europe for repair and NoE charged the dude some €210. The people at hackmii report that there is nothing quite known to be any more expensive than getting a replaced disc drive, a cost of about €90. A new Wii in Europe is, as no surprise, €250. They also conclude within themselves that the only way Nintendo would know it was hacked is if they knew what a flashing LED does when trying to boot the Wii while bricked. They purported that if the bootmii installation fails or does not find the SD card in the slot, one of those two or both, I can't remember, then the Wii will flash it's LED red. Other than that the Wii would be blank and they wouldn't have any visual proof of any hacking. Of course if you can see the Wii menu, then just having HBC or anything else blatantly obvious of hacking will show them your Wii is bs to them. The thing is, there is some kind of ridiculous penalty apparently being forced upon people who send these in for repair. Nintendo does not have to repair them, as they would be obvious to being out of warranty being hacked, but they do and charge you an unprecedented fee. In a letter of return from NoE, or something like that, they apparently think they need to stop HBC, which is understandable from NoE, but doing it by charging preposterous fees for repair is not the way to do it, nor does it seem right at all.

Anyways, after that long, blow-hard explanation, I hope I summarized it sufficiently. If you would like to see the topic yourself go here.
happy.gif

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I agree that searching is necessary... there is way to much pointless and mean spam in this thread. Most of which comes from people who have only been in the forum a month or two and think they are "1337 hax0rs" because they followed softmii's instructions.

If you think a thread is pointless or mean, report it. Vigilantism is not the way to do it... especially when you're the ones that come off more as asses than the original poster.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1