Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

retKHAAAN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fairly huge fight tonight. Jon Jones' first real test since becoming the Light-Heavyweight Champion with his dominating win over Mauricio "Shogun" Rua.

Rampage comes into the fight in great shape and looking to pull off the "upset" with a knockout win over the champ.

Who's going to take this one?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is a bit off topic: But tonight is my friend's birthday party. And he's ordering the fight, except he's asking for donations from everybody who comes....

I don't see why people like UFC to be honest. Yes, I know it's real and it's hard hits and everything, but aside from knockouts, boring to watch.

retKHAAAN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way I see it, it's almost comparable to to chess. Both fighters are working towards a dominant position where they can inflict the most damage. I personally enjoy seeing submissions the most, especially at the lighter weight classes where the fighters are faster and more agile. Seeing how they are set up and defended. Good fighters capitalize on their opponent's mistakes. Leave an arm somewhere it shouldn't be and your opponent may be taking it home with them at the end of the night.

Also, while it may seem like there is a lot of damage being done, mma fighters are receiving nowhere near the amount of head trauma boxers are. Believe it or not, it's actually a far safer sport than boxing or the NFL when considering the long term effects.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
riposte said:
The way I see it, it's almost comparable to to chess. Both fighters are working towards a dominant position where they can inflict the most damage. I personally enjoy seeing submissions the most, especially at the lighter weight classes where the fighters are faster and more agile. Seeing how they are set up and defended. Good fighters capitalize on their opponent's mistakes. Leave an arm somewhere it shouldn't be and your opponent may be taking it home with them at the end of the night.

Also, while it may seem like there is a lot of damage being done, mma fighters are receiving nowhere near the amount of head trauma boxers are. Believe it or not, it's actually a far safer sport than boxing or the NFL when considering the long term effects.

That's debatable, I'm not an NFL fan, but a lot of the injuries are accidents. A lot of the time players are falling awkwardly or something. But in the UFC, they're trying to hurt the opponents.

I do like the submissions though, mainly because when I get into fights, I've always been more of an, overpower the opponent, put them into submission because of my build right.

But I will admit, I have watched some fights and enjoyed them.

retKHAAAN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CCNaru said:
Jon Jones hands down

agreed, though hopefully he keeps his hands up
tongue.gif
see what I did thar?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Fuck sigma, go with sugma.