• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Biden: "You can’t be pro-insurrection and pro-America."

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
January 6th is a lot more complicated than that. There was a lot of fbi/cia involvement to make sure it was a big deal. CNN also spent months hyping it up before it happened. Its not like when crazy left wingers actually bombed the capital, only to be pardoned later.
It really wasn’t more complicated and adding conspiracies to it and blaming CNN doesn’t change anything. What crazy left wingers bombed the capitol, when did that happen? Seriously, is any of this post based in reality?
Edit: I want to add, even if the FBI and CIA were involved, it doesn’t change anything I said. Trump supporters were there to overthrow an election because their guy lost. It doesn’t matter who hyped them up or who pushed them toward rioting, their purpose being there is still the same. With that purpose in mind, something was bound to happen and it wasn’t going to be peaceful.

Last edited by The Catboy,

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
https://www.snopes.com/news/2017/08/17/are-antifa-and-the-alt-right-equally-violent/

93% of Black Lives Matter Protests Have Been Peaceful:
https://time.com/5886348/report-peaceful-protests/

At the end of 2020, Trump's DHS has also stated white supremacist extremists are the most dangerous domestic terrorism threat in the US:
https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/publications/2020_10_06_homeland-threat-assessment.pdf

Do you realize that most, if not all, of your sources are very biaised ?

It was proven with data which resulted in you going into some kinda meltdown with covid.

Yes, right wingers were responsible for most of the violence at BLM protests. That's verified and not up for debate.
Do you realize official data is also very biaised nowadays ? Saying numbers are not up for debate is, well, to paraphraze you, idiot and low IQ and shows a total lack of knowledge in how statistic offices work.

Last edited by Ligeia,

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Do you realize official data is also very biaised nowadays ? Saying numbers are not up for debate is, well, to paraphraze you, idiot and low IQ and shows a total lack of knowledge in how statistic offices work.

A discussion on this with you is impossible as you don't even have a 6th grade level understanding of mathematics.

The links also provide names and the charges. These are things that happened and people faced consequences for this. The only possible "bias" would be outlets like Fox News choosing NOT to report this.

Unless you think these things didn't happen, but if that's the case then we're simply circling back to the stupid individual issue.

• Haha
Reactions: Ligeia

Chris2055

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It really wasn’t more complicated and adding conspiracies to it and blaming CNN doesn’t change anything. What crazy left wingers bombed the capitol, when did that happen? Seriously, is any of this post based in reality?
Edit: I want to add, even if the FBI and CIA were involved, it doesn’t change anything I said. Trump supporters were there to overthrow an election because their guy lost. It doesn’t matter who hyped them up or who pushed them toward rioting, their purpose being there is still the same. With that purpose in mind, something was bound to happen and it wasn’t going to be peaceful.
It was actually the aliens that did that. One of our space lasers missed its target and hit their homeland and they were not happy.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It was actually the aliens that did that. One of our space lasers missed its target and hit their homeland and they were not happy.
And yet those aliens didn’t let me clap their cheeks. I hate this game

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's hilarious how one particlar side always feels the need to resort to name calling ("low IQ", "idiot"...) to try to get their points across. That is not the way to have an adult debate, it's grade school bullying.
That is all Trump has.

If the United States government is able to be over thrown by a couple of thousand unarmed people, we have serious security issues in this country and Biden hasn't done anything in 3 years to address it.
They weren't able to, but are you saying that attempting to over throw the government should not be a crime if you are incompetent enough?

Maybe attempted murder shouldn't be a crime? Just punish successful murders?

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
To be fair, at least most of it is based in reality. Trump supporters largely resort to conspiracies, whataboutisms, and comparing things that aren’t even comparable (like Jan 6th to founding of US.) Bias isn’t the best but reality often seems to have a bias against Trump supporters and Trump.

Reactions: Xzi and KingVamp

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, right wingers were responsible for most of the violence at BLM protests. That's verified and not up for debate.
Then stop side-stepping the question. If it's verified, you should have no problem at all pointing me to the "truth". Never asked for a debate. I asked you to show me the numbers.

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then stop side-stepping the question. If it's verified, you should have no problem at all pointing me to the "truth". Never asked for a debate. I asked you to show me the numbers.
You were given the statistics. If you don't understand these very basic statistics I can't do anything about that.

• Haha

Flaming_Autist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What were they rebelling against?
a system that allows illegal acts to take place during elections but prevents you from having any standing to sue until the election is over, and the wrong person who maybe got into office illegally can no longer be removed. you telling me youre unaware of what either sides complaints were? cant say id be surprised if that was the case and that you still had a super strong opinion one way or another

• Haha
Reactions: The Catboy

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You were given the statistics. If you don't understand these very basic statistics I can't do anything about that.
No, I really wasn't. You replied to someone else a bunch of articles that address the fact that "antifa" wasn't largly responsible for any of it. A Washington Post article that says "Four people who identify with the far-right extremist “boogaloo” movement are among those facing the most serious federal charges. " You literally need 7001 people out of 14,000 to claim "most".

For someone who likes to call people idiots and low IQ, you seem to have a durth of understanding what statistics are, what evidence is, and what I'm asking. You have certainly not provided it.

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I really wasn't. You replied to someone else a bunch of articles that address the fact that "antifa" wasn't largly responsible for any of it. A Washington Post article that says "Four people who identify with the far-right extremist “boogaloo” movement are among those facing the most serious federal charges. " You literally need 7001 people out of 14,000 to claim "most".

For someone who likes to call people idiots and low IQ, you seem to have a durth of understanding what statistics are, what evidence is, and what I'm asking. You have certainly not provided it.
I can't do anything with people like you who don't have a middle school level understanding of mathematics and also reject verified data. A productive discussion is simply impossible with you.

Reevaluate your life.

• Haha

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I can't do anything with people like you who don't have a middle school level understanding of mathematics and also reject verified data. A productive discussion is simply impossible with you.

Reevaluate your life.
It seems your only real argument is to call people idiots :grog:

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should explicitly state what you mean, because it's not clear. Are you saying January 6th doesn't fit the definition of insurrection? If so, what was it then?

a mostly peaceful protest, granted, it didnt meet its fire and rape quotas but ill let it slide.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They weren't able to, but are you saying that attempting to over throw the government should not be a crime if you are incompetent enough?

Maybe attempted murder shouldn't be a crime? Just punish successful murders?
If you are going to call Jan 6 an insurrection and be outraged about it, then this should really piss you off, but I know it won't because the pedo enabling propaganda media told you that this is (D)ifferent.

https://thefederalist.com/2022/01/0...government-buildings-and-assaulted-democracy/

• Haha
Reactions: The Catboy

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems your only real argument is to call people idiots :grog:
If you make idiotic statements, you get called as such 🤷‍♂️
Post automatically merged:

If you are going to call Jan 6 an insurrection and be outraged about it, then this should really piss you off, but I know it won't because the pedo enabling propaganda media told you that this is (D)ifferent.

https://thefederalist.com/2022/01/0...government-buildings-and-assaulted-democracy/
More whataboutism from the DDIQ. Stop posting tabloids:

https://adfontesmedia.com/federalist-bias-and-reliability/

Chris2055

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a system that allows illegal acts to take place during elections but prevents you from having any standing to sue until the election is over, and the wrong person who maybe got into office illegally can no longer be removed. you telling me youre unaware of what either sides complaints were? cant say id be surprised if that was the case and that you still had a super strong opinion one way or another
But that system doesn't exist because nothing illegal happened. If you're going to do something drastic like these people did, you should at least do some research first instead of taking the word of a butt-hurt billionaire that couldn't handle losing. Trump had his days in court over this and lost every time.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ok, so the usual Trumper conspiracy nonsense with zero bases in reality and absolutely no factual evidence whatsoever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Chips Ahoy cookies :D:wub::D