Hacking Beware! Fake Hori Cases on Ebay!

ZildjianKX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a hori case off ebay, and it didn't come in a package... the quality doesn't seem fantastic, so I'm trying to tell if it is fake or not.

It is a black Hori Compact Pouch... I can't find any Hori branding on it anywhere... is there supposed to be some?

I also found this picture online of the inside of the case:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a187/fyreboltx/cp03.jpg

My right inner pouch is parallel with my left pouch.

Any thoughts?

ZildjianKX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The one from a review online:
cp03.jpg

The one I got on ebay:
knockoff.jpg

I would definitely beware... I got it from the seller "hot_item_ishop" on eBay.

D

Deleted User

i'll take a look at mine when i'm back home since i only got my multi pouch with me! i bought both, the multi- and the compact-pouch from play-asia.com so i'm pretty sure they are genuine.

edit: on my multi pouch there's no hori branding, only on the packing
smile.gif

Jinny

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It definitely looks fishy, the game pouches don't even look like they were stitched on straight.

Always beware when shopping on ebay.

ZildjianKX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'll take a look at mine when i'm back home since i only got my multi pouch with me! i bought both, the multi- and the compact-pouch from play-asia.com so i'm pretty sure they are genuine.

edit: on my multi pouch there's no hori branding, only on the packingÂ
smile.gif

Does the right-inner pouch of yours look like the one in the first or second photo? Thanks
smile.gif

jlo mein

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The picture of the stitching for the one you received doesn't look right at all. I bought two compact pouches off play-asia and neither look that messy. Either Hori got sloppy, or it is not genuine.

ZildjianKX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it is obviously fake. Does anyone feel like pinning this like the fake Hori screen protector thread so others don't get ripped off as well?

D

Deleted User

sorry, it took a little longer than i thought but finally here's a photo of my hori compact case -- it looks like the first one you posted (the one from the review):

ZildjianKX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry, it took a little longer than i thought but finally here's a photo of my hori compact case -- it looks like the first one you posted (the one from the review):

Thanks for going to all that trouble for me.

So everyone bewarned... do NOT buy any hori cases off ebay... stick to real places like Play-Asia (if they ever get them in stock).

CWar

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Don't buy the keys factory case from ebay either. I was surprised to find out that it was fake.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had been tempted to order one off that seller, so I'm glad I saw this thread. I emailed play-asia yesterday as to when they can expect some more to arrive but they gave me one of those general don't know and the site will be updated when they are back in stock emails.

frown.gif

Edit - Changed title and pinned.

smile.gif

PineappleH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was about to purchase a hori screen protector for DSL from a seller on ebay... Now I dunno if I can trust him any more
unsure.gif

D

Deleted User

I had been tempted to order one off that seller, so I'm glad I saw this thread. I emailed play-asia yesterday as to when they can expect some more to arrive but they gave me one of those general don't know and the site will be updated when they are back in stock emails.

frown.gif

Edit - Changed title and pinned.

smile.gif
great idea! (btw. the multi pouch is great too ... why not get that one?)

... and no problem ZildjianKX!
grog.gif

we all should avoid those sellers with cheap accessoires (especially hori - seems like no matter whatever product of them you choose) on ebay and get the legit ones from trustworthy online stores. it's not like i was missed by them ... but that's some other story ...
smile.gif

edit: similar thread about screen protectors

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
U got a fake playa. It's a shame that bootleggers have stooped so low as to make a fake case, something that isn't worth much to begin with. What will we see next? Fake styli and shit.....oh right, they are already on the market too. When on ebay, just stay away form sellers from China period.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4