Hacking Beup Live 0.3e "SSL connect failed"

LiL You

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys in school days I search in Sites and I find (Beup Live Update 200) file name and when i put it in my ndstt it works fine
my brother have r4 and it works fine and my friend have m3 simply and works fine but after 20 days my momery
get format and i forget place that I download the Beup Live

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
An alternative to Beup.

Download DSOrganize and run the Web Browser.
Go to m.ebuddy.com

BeUp never worked.
mellow.gif

D

Deleted-119707

that was for last year when microsoft changed servers... WE WANT THE VERSION THAT WORKES WITH THE NEW CHANGED SERVERS...not the old version...

Draco-LVNH

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
IOwnAndPwnU said:
Yeah right. If it works for only 1 person, then they're lying.

I have an alternative... download a Jabber messenger for example Psi and search for a Jabber server that has a MSN Transport avaiable... in this case jabber.se worked for me because i get a ssl error with other servers, then search for JabberDS, download it and extract the contents on your flash card root, so that the directory 'data' is on the root, JabberDS.nds can be anywhere, then with Psi create an account on the server... for this case that we are using i'm going to use jabber.se

when you have registered your account choose the option "Service Discovery" and do right click on the MSN Transport and choose "register", then put your MSN ID and password, and after that all of your contacts will appear on your roster, you can rename them and choose the alias you want... also you can change your user information selecting "User Info" on your selfcontact, after you have all your MSN contacts then you are almost ready...

The next step is configurating the JabberDS, to do that you need to edit the file jabberds.xml

you just need to edit this part if you are going to use jabber.se server...

and make it look like this...

and when you login to jabber.se you will be logged in to MSN server via MSN Transport and done, you dont need Beup anymore... and be careful of possible modified copies of Beup because of the mechanism of Beup it can be used to steal passwords...

I say this because i read somewhere... i dont remember where but what i read was that beup used to connect to a page to make the SSL transaction ( Like a transition server ) and then connect to the MSN server... but the transition server is offline for now ( which is something like nds-area or something like that ) and now beup cant do the SSL transaction.... so Beup wont work until the nds-area is online again, and be careful, because a modified program can take your login and password to another person's server where it can do anything it want with your pass and screenname...

Remember that this is an hipothesis of mine... i think NDS doesnt have enough power to operate with SSL and generate RSA Keys... that is the possible reason why JabberDS has a provided Key and Certificate...

Well, good luck to all

Frigolit

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!
I patched the old version of Beup Live when Microsoft changed the IP.
So when people started asking about a new patch some time ago, I tried it again, this time without success.
What happens is that it does connect to the server and starts the SSL negotiation.
However as soon as the server sends it's certificate, Beup closes the connection.
This leads me to believe that Beup checks the server certificate to make sure it's valid, which is a good thing, but at the same time a very bad thing as HtheB stopped working on Beup long ago.
I'm pretty sure Microsoft has recently upgraded the certificate too. It's either that and/or changes to the MSN protocol.

So HtheB, if you're reading this, please release the source.
There are devs out there who wants to keep Beup alive, like me, which is the reason I patched it last time it broke.
Come on
smile.gif

Dizzy Doom

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Frigolit said:
Hi!
I patched the old version of Beup Live when Microsoft changed the IP.
So when people started asking about a new patch some time ago, I tried it again, this time without success.
What happens is that it does connect to the server and starts the SSL negotiation.
However as soon as the server sends it's certificate, Beup closes the connection.
This leads me to believe that Beup checks the server certificate to make sure it's valid, which is a good thing, but at the same time a very bad thing as HtheB stopped working on Beup long ago.
I'm pretty sure Microsoft has recently upgraded the certificate too. It's either that and/or changes to the MSN protocol.

So HtheB, if you're reading this, please release the source.
There are devs out there who wants to keep Beup alive, like me, which is the reason I patched it last time it broke.
Come on
smile.gif
Here's the old source, I think
http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=13030

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been to his chicken restaurant he started in his 2nd movie, Holy Chicken, was pretty good. It is only 15-20 miles from me in Ohio. It only lasted 1 yr or so then closed tho.
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    There are very few people I just have just an immense dislike of and he's one of those very few people, the only other example is Gene Simmons. My musician uncle on my mother's side of the family actually met Gene once during some event and said he was the most unpleasant person to be around.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I met myself once turns out that guy is a giant piece of shit that doesn't deserve any of my respect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn alcoholics! (Sshhh- Opens another beer)
    Agreed, Ken
    I can't say I've ever tried even a sip of beer tbh-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You met yourself also and is a giant piece of shit?
    +1
    Then again, I don't think I'd really enjoy it //shrug
    I'm sure it's an acquired taste :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Poor lad can never enjoy the amazing taste of four loko
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Root beer is a gateway drink, don't ever try it either.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, don't you love how smooth MD20 is
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mad dog 20 20? Oh yea fixed the typo. I haven't seen that or had forever. Do they still make it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think it's why I'm alive
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What happens if when playing Paper Mario, you start a fire in-game?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Paper Mario is a drug dealer and he is all about the paper yo lol
    +2
    Ffft
    On another note, I love how folks are drawing Callie in that suit that Splatoon NA dropped on Twitter
  • RetroNerdGamer @ RetroNerdGamer:
    Beer isnt my thing but a root beer once in a while is good
    it gotta be MUG brand tho
    man i shoulda gotten one to open a cold one with TTYD Remake
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    man, rootbeer is so good
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Think I prefer Barq's to MUG though. But, it's been a while, maybe I need a side by side to refresh my memory lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I like Frosties if you see it at the store worth atry
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I like Frosties if you see it at the store worth atry