Hacking Better USB Image for ps4 hack.

nubie

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
You flash your usb drive with it, the remaining space on the drive can be partitioned and formatted with any file system you want and you can use that in windows or any other OS for other stuff. You should then have 2 partitions - 1 with the USB hack which is very small, the other for whatever you want such as storing games or whatever.
I just use this flashdisk for jailbreak , since it's have low capacity

I want to know if this flash is right ?

killeriq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
That guide is a waste of time, there was no need to mess about with the system files in the first place, with this image there's no messing about - just flash and you're done! Also on a PC you can't create an exfat partiton less than 7 meg, I manually edited the pico image file that's going about to add the fat32 partition table and make it only 256Kb, then once done, plugged the usb in and formatted it, then used winhex to dump the boot part of the drive and then manually stripped it down. The file I posted makes things far easier and you can use the rest of your drive space to create another partition and format it however you want for use on pc or the ps4. Also for those that have chips with usb features such as lolin s2 mini, raspberry pi etc, you can mod your code to use this image file and there's no need for USB at all as the chip can emulate a usb drive and this image is small enough to fit on the chip and can be pushed to the ps4.

Baiscally no soldering is required - just a usb c cable to plug it into the ps4 and that's it.
Hello,

If the guide is too complex as u mentioned, i would like to clarify steps / functionality.

I dont have S2 board yet or the S2 key - will order
Only have currenly ESP8266 NodeMCU board (if this helps for something)

So for now i'm sticked with regular USB Stick.

1. there is "exfathax_pico" where we should copy the Magic USB "System Volume Information" then remove etc...
2. yours "USBHack" which i flash with the same Rufus into some USB PenDrive, without bothering with MagicUSB stuff?

3. Then go to eg. "karo218" page, load some of the GoldHen present
4. Close the browser, reload it
5. Start the exploit 2.2.4 insert USB - got the HEN loaded and *.pkg are loading
6. I Keep the USB in PS port

Later im not sure if i can keep USB insered after i reboot, as if i do so and want to re-run karo218 page and i get error about kernel (can add error later) or something and it basically doesnt load.

In which step i'm doing mistake? Need to still take the USB out before shutdown/restart?

Thanks

Ashish999

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Here you go people, I have created a better image file for your usb drives to replace exfathax.img.

This is better for the following reasons:

With exfathax.img there is an error dispalyed on the ps4 because the exfat file system doesn't exist and the ps4 can see that there is an error in the usb file system. I have created a new image which fixes this error and has a very tiny exfat partition only a few bytes, but stil shows up on pc without the need to format error. This also stops the usb error message showing up on the ps4. This should make booting into the hack easier.

To use - just use win32diskimager to write to the image to your usb drive. You can also create a partition on the existsing space on your usb drive and use that on the ps4 for installing pkg files.

I tried to post this on poobs4 github but there's no way to post on that page, so I'll release here and someone can pass it on.
Is this better and no kernel panic??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?