1. Michael Morsette

OP Michael Morsette GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've replaced the joysticks in my joycons with spare parts from broken joycons, results have been satisfactory. I was wondering though if there are any manufactures providing parts that have a better life span than the extremely disappointing stock joysticks.

2. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

United States
    I've had mine since launch and haven't had joystick issues, so I'm unsure what you are talking about in terms of poor life length for them. I also mainly use portable mode so they really have taken a beating with no wear showing.

3. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

United States
    I barely used my switch so I can't say anything about longevity, but their movement is just too little 4 shooters.

Maybe he is like 2 of my friends that broke a huge amount of Xbox360 joysticks and they break the rubber in no time too, while I never broke mine other than the joystick drifting by it self which every brand new x360 controller I ever bought already come with that problem.

I want to know if there are any other better compatible joystick out there that I could solder too, but I'm more interested in aim precision...

Something like this is way better:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by guily6669, Aug 1, 2018
  4. Michael Morsette

OP Michael Morsette GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have 3 sets of Joycons, two of the sets have major "drift" problems with both joycons. The third set broke for other user abuse issues but joysticks work great, for now. I know my experience isn't isolated, there have been a lot of joystick issues out there. I just am looking for quality replacements.

I do like the controller you have pictures, but according to reviews the button layout is different making some games harder to play.

5. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

United States
    yep, they are switched and I don't know if they have firmware upgrade either to fix it...

But they are also way cheaper and the joystick they report as being amazing in comparison to the joy-con.

However I don't think I will buy the Ipega because it doesn't attach to the Switch, only works via bluetooth and the worse is really how heavy it is, the back lock is too damn thick :(.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - replacement, joystick, Better