Homebrew RELEASE [Beta] Nook Community | Free website for Animal Crossing

Dichotomy754

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Added to my android home screen, works really well as a chrome app. Could I request the ability to upload an image of your town map and a profile pic of your avatar? A villager list would also be really awesome.

Keep it up! I'm feeling this is going to be the thing I use.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Advertising & Requests

Members are not allowed to create topics or posts intended only to promote or advertise their own or any website(s) without staff permission. If permission is given members are required to provide the name of the staff member who allowed the advert in their post.

As long as the advert is non-obtrusive and does not contain links to warez of any kind, members may link to their own website, forum, or venture in their signature and profile ONLY.

Begging in the forums for anything is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to: asking users to visit a website for the member to gain points/etc, begging to become a staff member, torrent invite, translation, and dump requests, and especially pyramid schemes; where you are asking members to help you out by registering places, visiting certain websites, etc.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
As @linuxares mentioned, this shouldn't be used as an excuse to eBeg, advertise websites or advertise the sale of in-game items, which is a bannable offense, both on our website and on Nintendo Network. As long as this is used to facilitate communication between users interested in trading virtual items, it's fine, but be mindful of the Terms of Service.

KitsumiTheFox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had an interesting idea, you should add a page for users to post their island codes while open. They could also specify what shops/NPCs they have and where their island is located. If you let them enter the island timezone, it could also update the island time on the website.

xaxa

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FYI, I had to request two verification emails since the first one bungled the registration ID. The URL string ended with "&code=##" (sic).

The second email had a proper registration URL.

fafaffy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Added to my android home screen, works really well as a chrome app. Could I request the ability to upload an image of your town map and a profile pic of your avatar? A villager list would also be really awesome.

Keep it up! I'm feeling this is going to be the thing I use.
Thanks for the encouragement!

I will eventually add avatar support and potentially the town map. I'm struggling in thinking how to easily make it (the town map) work and what benefits it could provide. If you can give me a use case for it, I can consider it. If it's for sharing to others (i.e. inviting others over) -- I'll likely add it when you can advertise your island.

Advertising & Requests

I spoke with @linuxares and @Foxi4. It seems like this thread is okay to stay.

To clarify, there are no premium features in Nook Community nor will there be. Being Animal Crossing related, I can't monetize without breaking trademark. The most I may ask for is donations if server costs become a problem.

FYI, I had to request two verification emails since the first one bungled the registration ID. The URL string ended with "&code=##" (sic).

The second email had a proper registration URL.
Thanks, that's strange! AWS has a weird registration flow. I fixed it to be strictly code only, instead of a registration link.

I had an interesting idea, you should add a page for users to post their island codes while open. They could also specify what shops/NPCs they have and where their island is located. If you let them enter the island timezone, it could also update the island time on the website.
I am thinking of this, and it'll likely be in a future update. However, I won't mince words and think it'll still be a while before I get to this. My priority is to get the marketplace up and running first, but this is definitely on my list!

Last edited by fafaffy,

Dichotomy754

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the encouragement!

I will eventually add avatar support and potentially the town map. I'm struggling in thinking how to easily make it (the town map) work and what benefits it could provide. If you can give me a use case for it, I can consider it. If it's for sharing to others (i.e. inviting others over) -- I'll likely add it when you can advertise your island.
I was mainly just going for the community sharing aspect of it, though thinking on it there could be an island history gallery which saves all your old maps and profile pics so you can see the evolution of your island. You could even expand this to other galleries like "Home Tour" or even user created collections so people can have a timeline of whatever they want.

Last edited by Dichotomy754,

fafaffy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was mainly just going for the community sharing aspect of it, though thinking on it there could be an island history gallery which saves all your old maps and profile pics so you can see the evolution of your island. You could even expand this to other galleries like "Home Tour" or even user created collections so people can have a timeline of whatever they want.
I see!
Once the social aspects of the site area complete, I'll definitely look into this!

fafaffy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated the site, now you can do the following:
- See what's available now
- Sort by status (missing / donated / acquired)
- View by page or view all available items in dashboard

There is now an official discord here if you wish to keep up with the development. We now have over 1k users using the platform, which is an amazing accomplishment!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, would you recommend playing n64 games on a ps3 through retroarch?