Homebrew Best way to rip a DS ROM without WiFi?

DragoniteSpam

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! Not sure where to post this thread, my best bet is this section, correct me if I got it wrong.

Anyway, I've been looking for a while now and can't find a good way to rip a DS ROM without the SmallFTPD method. My home WiFi is incompatible with my DS (not that it matters now, since WFC was axed a month ago anyway) so that was never an option. Does anyone know of a way to do it otherwise? I have a few games that I'd like to dump and try to open up.

My current toolbox includes a DS-Fat, an R4-SDHC card and a 3DS. And a computer. I could probably get my hands on a couple other materials, but I'd like to not spend more money if I can avoid it.

These are some things I thought of, but wasn't able to find out of they were possible or not:

Using the DS Wireless to send game data directly to my computer's wireless card.
This sounds like the most likely solution I could think of, setting up a miniature network including the DS and my computer, then sending the data like one would with SmallFPTD.

Perhaps a similar thing could be done with by sending the data to my 3DS's SD card, or a DSi-to-SD program like one would with a Wii, but that would most likely require that I get some other pieces of hardware.

A specialized cartridge-dumping device
I know they have these for other consoles and I've been told they have them for the DS, but it's hard to find information on them for some reason. Wikipedia doesn't even say much about them. I know a few people who might be able to tell me first-hand about them, but again I'd like to not spend money on one if I could avoid it.

Is there anything anyone knows about this? Thanks!

Edit: Going to keep trying my luck with connecting to WiFi like a normal person now. Though if anyone knows any other way, I'm still interested!

TyBlood13

As Seen On GBATempTV
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FTP is going to be your best bet, which uses Wi-Fi so I don't know what to tell you besides make a "guest network" with minimal encryption and have it on only while you're dumping

That or get a EZ-Flash 3-in-1

DragoniteSpam

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, thanks.

Just for me to make sure, *does* the FTP method still work now that WFC is gone? I've heard people say both, and if I could somehow get ahold of a compatible Internet for a day or so I might be able to do it that way.

Edit: Someone told me it does. Which I guess makes my OP pointless. Thanks for the help anyway!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Rule 42 would've been racist +1