Hacking Best way to play PSX on PSP?

Un4tural

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i tried converting psx games to psp via guide above, but it wouldn't save for some reason or another.(castlevania)

i am on 6.2, could update to 6.6 if needed or downgrade... i dont really mind.

i never tried popsloader, does it load ISOs or do i need to convert games as well?

any other good options that work well? i don't one bit mind if it is difficult to install etc. as long as it wont require 10minutes of preparation to launch a game.

What would be beast to use? i mostly want castlevania and chrono cross, as i gone through chrono trigger on snes, and well it was epic... more fun than fallout3 or pretty much any RPG i played that came out in recent years...

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Best way is buying PsOne Classics, otherwise would be to download pirated PsOne Classics, and lastly to download already converted games EBOOT. At worst, make your own from you orginal CD then custom the icons and pics if you like.

Popsloader work as a library of firmwares to start before launching a game. Depending on your PSP model you can use popsloader files to help with some games having issues (real few over the whole library, or obscure japanese games). If your PSP is quite new like a 3000 and Go, just forget it as those do not support any helpful pops version AFAIK. So i would get the latest official update with 6.60.

For Chrono Cross i strongly suggest to fork out the money and get it from the store, as custom eboot with this one usually have many problems. Castlevania, any custom would do i guess, so just find a copy that save. Good luck!

Edit : Agree with you Chrono Trigger is a masterpiece! I'll buy the Ds version for my collection soon as well. Cross sequel is.. Well, great on its own but don't expect more of the same. The time travel is replaced with switching dimensions. Home world Another World. I felt the story was convoluted and way too many playable characters with little focus on each. The 3D is great with gorgeous 2D background and superb songs, it score a quite original combat system. For a sequel it don't have much to do with the first game though, only some cameos more or less cryptic, use a gamefaqs walkthrough to get the most of it.. Have fun! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.theverge.com/2024/7/26/24206529/intel-13th-14th-gen-crashing-instability-cpu-voltage-q-a