PS1/2 Best Way to Mod PS2 SCHP 90001

NicholasJames2378

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone. I am in dire need to mod my PS2 SCHP 90001 console. I want to be able to play backup games from a usb drive (or maybe a hdd through usb?), or via the Ethernet port on the back. Does anyone know of any ways to do this? I would like the fastest way to play them for under $50. I cannot mod my DVD drive or cover any sensors on it, just to let you know. Here are some ways I thought of, but haven't had a clue about:

-run wires from motherboard to hdd (I don't even know if it has the sata/IDE ports though)
-connect it to my computer and stream game ISOs
-using a modchip (I don't know how to install one or use it. I also don't have a clue which one's the best, or if they even work on this model PS2.)

If you have any ideas, please feel free to help me. I would like to spend less than $50 on this, but I am willing to reconsider if someone presents an easy(ish) and hassle free suggestion. Thanks for any help :)

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If it's date code is not 8C or later you can go with freemcboot. From that you can load ESR (boots patched backups) or OPL (games from usb or network). PS2 Usb is only 1.1, so is slow and has limited compatibility with games.

If it's 8C or higher, than it's either chip or swap magic.

Sop

groovy dude lmao
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I heard there was a way to do it with 007 Agent Under Fire. Can anyone validate this and tell me how?
That's for installing FreeMcBoot. I would say that ethernet streaming is the best method for you, but I think I heard that that was for slim only PS2s.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...