Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

sandman512

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First and foremost, thanks. Will I be able to still use my the games saved on my Hard drive? Second, I was reading the thread, how do I know what files to download to Mod the wii? Thanks, my daughter will be thrilled to play dance 2014..... THANKS!

detroitwillfall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak

when i put the sd card in the modmii screen comes up when i turn the wii on but i cant select anything with my wii remote??

thats where i get stuck...

this screen shows up and my wii remote just flashes the blue lights when i try and push a button but cant slect anything...

ip07r6.png

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
This is addressed in your modmii guide, u have bootmii installed as boot2, so if u have an ad card inserted in your Wii with a bootmii folder on it, it will immediately launch to bootmii when booting up. U can use the power and reset buttons to navigate that menu, u should make a band backup. Then u can rename the bootmii folder on ur ad card, or remove it entirely and ur will stop automatically booting to bootmii

Reactions: detroitwillfall

detroitwillfall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is addressed in your modmii guide, u have bootmii installed as boot2, so if u have an ad card inserted in your Wii with a bootmii folder on it, it will immediately launch to bootmii when booting up. U can use the power and reset buttons to navigate that menu, u should make a band backup. Then u can rename the bootmii folder on ur ad card, or remove it entirely and ur will stop automatically booting to bootmii
someone already told me ina message. sorry to post if it was information i could of found! sorrryyy!

mkstr8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak

Thanks for your input, what you said sorted it, installed all the necessary bits, all good apart from some reason it didn't update the wii software from 3.4 to 4.1 ( I used your guide ), anyway, I have done that now but for some unknown reason I can not get CFG to work or to install on a channel ( it said no iso249 installed, I did some research installed ios249 stub and now it says its a stub (but I have to run it via homebrew channel ) I would like it as a separate channel and obviously work lol. I have looked at various information but now more confused as ever.

Could someone point me in the right direction, is there any helpful information I can put down on here?

XFlak, btw, once this is done for my parents I would like to make a donation as I never did 3-4 years ago when I did mine and would like to donate for the great work you have done. Please let me know where I can do this.

Thanks

shinydiamond

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for not reading the enitre 400 posts, but I have a quick question. My wii was modded years ago and i am just now seeing problems playing some newer games. Can I just load up MiiMod and start new? Any problems updating my current modded wii? Thanks!

mkstr8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak,

You were right ( who doubted you? ) lol

Anyway I must have read the wrong instruction as I Re softmodded it and Volia, CFG was there.

Again if you re consider regarding the donation please let me know as you have really helped me out.

Many thanks

Peace

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Anyone looking to donate to ModMii, please send whatever you are able to a charity of your choosing (and feel free to post about it here if u want). Charities I especially support are the MS Society (my mom has MS) and the autistic society (my good friend DeadlyFoez has 2 autistic girls). I keep turning down donations and think that this is a better solution :)

Thanks!

Poofster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noobie but have been reading alot and the more I read the more I get confused....wii 4.3u..hacked using letterbomb...bootmii as ios..not done a back up...installed hbc browser and have downloaded emulators and games to sd and have played some and trouble with others...wii motion plus remotes dont work on games thru hbc. My questions are 1) is it ok to use this hack? 2) if so do I have to start from the beginning or will my hbc just show the added mods to install? 3) i already have a private folder do I just rename it? Thank you for any help anyone can provide me as this is my first time hacking or soft modding a wii :lol:

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noobie but have been reading alot and the more I read the more I get confused....wii 4.3u..hacked using letterbomb...bootmii as ios..not done a back up...installed hbc browser and have downloaded emulators and games to sd and have played some and trouble with others...wii motion plus remotes dont work on games thru hbc. My questions are 1) is it ok to use this hack? 2) if so do I have to start from the beginning or will my hbc just show the added mods to install? 3) i already have a private folder do I just rename it? Thank you for any help anyone can provide me as this is my first time hacking or soft modding a wii :lol:
BootMii is not an IOS. It's your backup.
It's fine to use this. You should run the ModMii program that hacks the virgin Wii. It'll give you everything you need. You do not need a private folder, nor do you need to rename it. All you need is a folder called apps, a folder called bootmii (if your Wii is older than mid-2008). And Wii motion plus controls work just fine in the USB loaders.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BootMii is not an IOS. It's your backup.
It's fine to use this. You should run the ModMii program that hacks the virgin Wii. It'll give you everything you need. You do not need a private folder, nor do you need to rename it. All you need is a folder called apps, a folder called bootmii (if your Wii is older than mid-2008). And Wii motion plus controls work just fine in the USB loaders.
Bootmii is an IOS (kinda), it gets installed to IOS 254. It can also be installed to boot2 in older Wii's. The private folder is what holds all the official Wii stuff, like copied save games and message board data. If you already have the HBC, you can just run the modmii wizard and when it asks if your Wii is a virgin say no. Even though you only have bootmii as IOS, I would still highly recommended making a backup, just to be safe. The new wiimote+ remotes not working is a known issue. Some homebrew has been updated with a fix, other homebrew has not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo