Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

digi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can verify the downloads work but i have a few questions. 1, will modmii (or its installations) delete any mii saved characters/profiles/game profiles and will it delete my netflix? my next question is i was under the impression i was to get a Copy_to_Usb folder too after the setup wizard completed, i only have a copy_to_sd folder approx 234mb in size (temp folder is 405mb). is everything correct or am i missing something (i could have swore i would have a copy_to_usb folder)

digi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we know the site is up. can i get some answers to my questions please? not hard to answer, i just cant find any documentation with enough details to answer my questions

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
we know the site is up. can i get some answers to my questions please? not hard to answer, i just cant find any documentation with enough details to answer my questions
apologies in advance for my sarcastic mood\responses, but that's what you get for asking what I think are questions with obvious answers

i can verify the downloads work but i have a few questions. 1, will modmii (or its installations) delete any mii saved characters/profiles/game profiles and will it delete my netflix?

no, modmii would be a piece of shit if it did, and just judging by it's popularity alone it should be fairly obvious ModMii is anything but
my next question is i was under the impression i was to get a Copy_to_Usb folder too after the setup wizard completed, i only have a copy_to_sd folder approx 234mb in size (temp folder is 405mb). is everything correct or am i missing something (i could have swore i would have a copy_to_usb folder)

depends on what you're using modmii to do, u could have only a copy_to_sd folder, copy_to_usb folder, or both folders.

But to answer you're question, everything is correct if ModMii tells you "Success", if it tells you something failed, then something failed (who woulda thought, right?)

digi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the reason i asked about the copy_to_usb folder is it asks where to put it and the copy_to_sd. after completion i dont have a copy_to_usb folder. all i am wanting to do is mod my white wii 4.3u to play games off an usb external hdd

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
the reason i asked about the copy_to_usb folder is it asks where to put it and the copy_to_sd. after completion i dont have a copy_to_usb folder. all i am wanting to do is mod my white wii 4.3u to play games off an usb external hdd
run the modmii wizard, it will ask if you want to set up a usb-loader, IF you say yes, then you will be asked where to save your usb-loader content, on an sd card or usb hard drive, IF you choose a USB HDD, then a copy_to_usb folder will be created, otherwise it will not.

In short, pay closer attention when reading the questions ModMii is asking :D

MisterAlex

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
misteralex.net
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I had a similar result. When I ran ModMii, I told it I wanted to run a USB loader from the USB drive, but it put the program into the COPY_TO_SD folder and did not create a COPY_TO_USB directory. I ran it twice to be sure. Knowing how the launcher works, I just threw the USB loader app onto the USB drive instead, since that's a valid launch location, and the launcher channel responded in kind.

vtchui

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Potentially silly question. How do I uninstall modmii from windows? There's no Modmii installed in the Uninstall selection in control panel or Revo uninstaller. Can I just delete the files?

And also what about the Wii Backup Manager and Fat32 GUI Formatter?

Thanks

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Actually, I had a similar result. When I ran ModMii, I told it I wanted to run a USB loader from the USB drive, but it put the program into the COPY_TO_SD folder and did not create a COPY_TO_USB directory. I ran it twice to be sure. Knowing how the launcher works, I just threw the USB loader app onto the USB drive instead, since that's a valid launch location, and the launcher channel responded in kind.
I just ran it to confirm that a copy_to_usb folder was in fact created, so I believe you are mistaken. Perhaps your usb drive settings are unique (i.e. an actual drive letter, or maybe you accidentally changed it to copy_to_sd instead so that both sd card and usb files are merged)
Hi,

Potentially silly question. How do I uninstall modmii from windows? There's no Modmii installed in the Uninstall selection in control panel or Revo uninstaller. Can I just delete the files?

And also what about the Wii Backup Manager and Fat32 GUI Formatter?

Thanks
Yup, just delete them and their shortcuts, I never got around to creating an uninstaller but it's a "portable app" anyways so it doesn't make any changes to your system other than shortcuts.

MisterAlex

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
misteralex.net
XP
Country
United States
I just ran it to confirm that a copy_to_usb folder was in fact created, so I believe you are mistaken. Perhaps your usb drive settings are unique (i.e. an actual drive letter, or maybe you accidentally changed it to copy_to_sd instead so that both sd card and usb files are merged)
I was pretty certain I'd selected the right options. Can you take a look at my selections real quick and see if I perhaps chose something wrong?

digi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what misteralex did was the exact same thing i did and yet no copy_to_usb folder (we both choose the usb options as well as choose the path (in which yet again it asked for both usb and sd folder locations)). i tried this method about 8 times to see if i could get the usb folder to be created, never happened. i also tried getting it to create the usb folder on different drives and locations too, no luck. i see this as something you should look into rather than assume people are stupid and cant read. his video shows no usb folder was created and he did it correctly... im fairly sure he can read.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
i just ran the wizard using the classic feel , and i did get a usb folder.. dunno if thats where the issue lies , with modmii skin as opposed to classic look n feel.
I did my testing with modmii classic, so most likely it's an issue with modmiiskin (i.e. modmii cmd line mode). I'll look into it a little later.

Thx for the heads up MisterAlex.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
erm... XFlak, just to point out that when downloading WiiXplorer through ModMii it doesn't extract boot.dol.

I seriously have no idea, if anyone has reported this as yet, but i thought i'd bring it to your attention.

Also, are you planning on removing the News & Weather Channels for All Regions from ModMii? seeming as it's recently been discontinued.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
erm... XFlak, just to point out that when downloading WiiXplorer through ModMii it doesn't extract boot.dol.

I seriously have no idea, if anyone has reported this as yet, but i thought i'd bring it to your attention.

Also, are you planning on removing the News & Weather Channels for All Regions from ModMii? seeming as it's recently been discontinued.

Thx for mentioning the wiixplorer issue, no one had mentioned it. The cause of the problem is that the wiixplorer team stopped having any downloads featured. I've fixed the problem in my personal version and it will be included in the next update whenever that will be.

Not sure about removing the ninty channels, I'm tempted to just leave it and let ppl say no when prompted to download it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet