• No, and I posted what went wrong

Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just leave any System Channels, System IOSes (including cIOSes, above slot 200), MIOS, BC, EULA, Region Select & The Homebrew Channel alone and delete anything that shouldn't even be there in the first place (trust me, you'll know when you see it).

Although... I'd recommend doing a System Check first though (using SysCheck), before doing anything else.

Homebrew Ninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hey I have a 4.3E wii with latest homebrew channel and bootmii installed as IOS. What I'm hoping to do is leave the actual NAND in its current state but use an emulated NAND to play wii games burned onto DVD-R discs through the disc channel and VC/Wiiware games off an SD card. Not sure which options to enter into Modmii. Apologies for being a total noob and thanks in advance for any help.

Natazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just leave any System Channels, System IOSes (including cIOSes, above slot 200), MIOS, BC, EULA, Region Select & The Homebrew Channel alone and delete anything that shouldn't even be there in the first place (trust me, you'll know when you see it).

Although... I'd recommend doing a System Check first though (using SysCheck), before doing anything else.

Thanks very much LWares87, I will do this today, fingers crossed it will turn out ok! Will post back later, thanks again!

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@[member='Homebrew Ninja']

Latest wii's are unable to read non official game discs. So, games burned on dvd-r won't work on those. What most people do is using an external usb harddisk and an usb loader.

If you wan't to leave your real nand intact and use an emulated nand, neek is what you need. It allows the use of multiple emulated nands on either sd (sneek) or usb drive (uneek)
It also has the best compatibility with VC's and wiiware installed on the emulated nand.

Natazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I've done the syscheck and this is the log:
sysCheck v2.1.0b17 by Double_A and R2-D2199 ...runs on IOS50 (rev 4889). Region: PAL System Menu 3.4E (v386) Drive date: 2007.02.13 Homebrew Channel 1.0.0 running on IOS36 Hollywood v0x11 Console ID: 69457676 Boot2 v2 Found 37 titles. Found 21 IOS on this console. 3 of them are stub. IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub IOS9 (rev 520): No Patches IOS10 (rev 768): Stub IOS11 (rev 256): Stub IOS12 (rev 6): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access IOS13 (rev 10): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access IOS14 (rev 257): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access IOS15 (rev 257): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access IOS17 (rev 512): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access IOS20 (rev 12): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access IOS21 (rev 514): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access IOS22 (rev 772): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access IOS28 (rev 1288): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access IOS30 (rev 1040): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access IOS31 (rev 1040): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access IOS33 (rev 1040): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access IOS34 (rev 1039): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access IOS35 (rev 1040): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access IOS36 (rev 1042): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access IOS50 (rev 4889): No Patches IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii BC v2 MIOS v5 Report generated on 2012/03/24.
I'm really out of my depth now and don't know what to do with it, sorry! Any help very much appreciated!

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
sysCheck v2.1.0b17 by Double_A and R2-D2199
...runs on IOS50 (rev 4889).
Region: PAL
System Menu 3.4E (v386)
Drive date: 2007.02.13
Homebrew Channel 1.0.0 running on IOS36
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 69457676
Boot2 v2
Found 37 titles.
Found 21 IOS on this console. 3 of them are stub.
IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 520): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 6): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS13 (rev 10): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS14 (rev 257): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS15 (rev 257): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS17 (rev 512): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS20 (rev 12): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS21 (rev 514): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS22 (rev 772): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS28 (rev 1288): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS30 (rev 1040): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS31 (rev 1040): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS33 (rev 1040): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS34 (rev 1039): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS35 (rev 1040): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS36 (rev 1042): Trucha Bug ES Identify Flash Access NAND Access
IOS50 (rev 4889): No Patches
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v2
MIOS v5 Report generated on 2012/03/24.
There, I fixed it for you. Thats the first time I ever saw anyone mess up on posting a syscheck log.

Either way, this just shows that you did not follow the generated guide correctly and install everything that you were supposed to.

Rerun modmii, do it all over, and this time follow every single freaking step.

Natazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
System Menu 3.4E (v386)
Hollywood v0x11
Boot2 v2
Found 37 titles.
BC v2
There, I fixed it for you. Thats the first time I ever saw anyone mess up on posting a syscheck log.

Either way, this just shows that you did not follow the generated guide correctly and install everything that you were supposed to.

Sorry, Wordpad didn't show the syscheck to open so I couldn't post it correctly as I had to copy and paste from Excel. I was just looking into how to create the spolier and was going to edit my post, sorry.

I really did follow everything but I think that although I formatted a new SD card that maybe files were on my pc under the same folder name or something from when I did my other Wii ages ago and possibly that would have caused the problem? I don't know that's the case though.

Edited to add: I did a Nand restore before doing the Syscheck - when it restored though, there were literally only a few green blocks and it didn't work because the Wii was still freezing after the health and safety screen. I assume I keep my old Nand backup data and don't do another Nand backup this time around but I just wanted to check that I'm doing it right. Thanks.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
System Menu 3.4E (v386)
Hollywood v0x11
Boot2 v2
Found 37 titles.
BC v2

Sorry, Wordpad didn't show the syscheck to open so I couldn't post it correctly as I had to copy and paste from Excel. I was just looking into how to create the spolier and was going to edit my post, sorry.

I really did follow everything but I think that although I formatted a new SD card that maybe files were on my pc under the same folder name or something from when I did my other Wii ages ago and possibly that would have caused the problem? I don't know that's the case though.
Run ModMii again. Copy everything over to your SD card. Make sure that when you go to install the WADs that you install every one that is listed in your generated guide.

You obviously did not closely follow your generated guide to ensure that you were doing it correctly. Hell, you didn't even have IOS236 installed, so you skipped SO many steps.

Natazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks Deadly Foez, I didn't get that far as it crashed just after I did the Nand backup and I couldn't start the Homebrew Channel.

(I followed the guide for my other Wii using this method and had no problems whatsoever so I'm ok with what to do and using the guide and the program, I know some people can't follow instructions but that's not me)

Natazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks Deadly Foez, I did have an IOS236 installed, definitely as I used method A and it confirmed it was installed but would it not have been deleted when I did the Nand restore? (which didn't work properly)
Didn't realize you tried a nand restore. How did it not work properly? Please explain.

Ok no worries, it has all gone really pear shaped :-)

Ok, I did the Nand restore (I have never done one before so is new to me). It seemed to be going ok but there were only a few green blocks literally and I'm not sure if the screen should have been quite full with green blocks like when it does the Nand backup?

Anyway, it completed but the Wii is still freezing after the health and safety screen exactly the same as it was.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Had your wii gone into the system menu before you even tried hacking it?
Since you have bootmii in boot2, I am going to recommend that you use pune's ohneswanzenegger to build a fresh new nand. Have it build a 4.3 nand for you. And then run ModMii again and do EVERYTHING down to the tiniest detail.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did you have a look with Any Title Deleter MOD to see if there was anything on your NAND that shouldn't be there?

Using your syscheck log (csv), run the syscheck update wizard in ModMii. It might suggest you to updating to 4.3E.

Edit: I have to agree with DeadlyFoez. But... I would only consider creating a fresh NAND from scratch as a last resort.

Although, I have a suggestion... Using your existing NAND back-up, open ohneschwanzenegger, INIT your NAND for editing and install the following:

System Menu 4.3[E] v514
All Recommended cIOSes (including IOS236)
Update your existing IOSes
EULA [E] v3
Region Select [E] v2
BC v6
cMIOS v65535 (v10) WiiGator/WiiPower (or DML r56, if you prefer)
Also the following channels: Photo (1.0 v2 & 1.1 v3), Mii v6, Weather [E] v7, News [E] v7, Shopping v20 and Internet [E]

@DeadlyFoez: If I'm wrong, please kindly correct me...

Natazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks guys,

Sorry, unexpected visitors so am tied up at the moment. Just to say thanks so much for your help and that I will look at this as soon as I am able to look properly and concentrate on it - last thing I want is to mess up now. Looking at your commentrs, I'm not sure which route is best to go down at the moment!

P.S. yes, the Wii worked before modding.

Natazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you have a look with Any Title Deleter MOD to see if there was anything on your NAND that shouldn't be there?

Using your syscheck log (csv), run the syscheck update wizard in ModMii. It might suggest you to updating to 4.3E.

Edit: I have to agree with DeadlyFoez. But... I would only consider creating a fresh NAND from scratch as a last resort.

Although, I have a suggestion... Using your existing NAND back-up, open ohneschwanzenegger, INIT your NAND for editing and install the following:

System Menu 4.3[E] v514
All Recommended cIOSes (including IOS236)
Update your existing IOSes
EULA [E] v3
Region Select [E] v2
BC v6
cMIOS v65535 (v10) WiiGator/WiiPower (or DML r56, if you prefer)
Also the following channels: Photo (1.0 v2 & 1.1 v3), Mii v6, Weather [E] v7, News [E] v7, Shopping v20 and Internet [E]

@[member='DeadlyFoez']: If I'm wrong, please kindly correct me...

At the moment, I am trying to get into Bootmii without any joy, it just loads up the health and safety screen. It did this last night and took about 20 attempts before it would load Bootmii. So will be using anytitle deleter to check the Nand as soon as I get into it.

I have been hunting for ohneschwanzenegger as the dll file link isn't working. I have found everything I need to run it now but having a read through what I can find on how to use it, I feel a bit unsure about it as I'm not that knowledgeable (I hacked my old wii using the Twilight hack with no problems and have rehacked it using Modmii but that is as far as I have gone).

:)Cheers

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
have u tried another SD card? The fact that bootmii as boot2 sometimes doesn't load bootmii when SD:\bootmii is found will not be solved by ATD or ohneschwanzenegger. Hopefully it's an issue with the sd card, and not an issue with the sd card reader or the bootmii as boot2 installation. I don't know that much about the Wii in terms of hardware (DeadlyFoez is the hardware brains behind Team Your Mom), but to me this is sounding like it could be a hardware issue of some sort.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Just a thought. Hold a vacuum up to the SD slot on your wii and suck out whatever dust bunnies that might be stuck in there. Then look into it with a flashlight and make sure it is all out.

I've had the same exact issue on one of my wiis when I can only get bootmii or the apps in HBC to show up and work intermittently. After cleaning out all the dust my sd card finally makes contact and things start working like normal again.

Natazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok brilliant, will try that now. I have just run Modmii again and started from scratch on a new SD card. I have made sure no old files from my other Wii are lurking anywhere (I have obviously kept my Nand backup in a safe place)

As long as I can get into Bootmii I should be able to give this a go, am I right? Will I still need to use Anytitle deleter to check for anything unwanted?

Just getting the vacuum out now!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: My ping times even lol