mhzainn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
follow your guide, it will tell u to install wads (including IOS58), do that

then it will tell u to reinstall the homebrew channel (if applicable), follow that part of the guide also

That is all that is required to update your HBC to run off of IOS58, but there are probably other things your guide instructs you to do in order to update other things as well (ie. latest d2x cIOSs are installed in the install wads step) so you should consider completing the entire guide.

thanks to you xflak and the other whom help me, it worked now and everything is OK i am voting now
yaywii.gif

ChrisLuther

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys. Just been looking at the Windows Developer Preview (Windows 8) yes I know it's not out for a while yet.
I don't know if anybody else has looked at it or is planning on looking at it. It might get more attention when the public betas come out.
Apart from a couple hiccups ModMii seems to run fine..

1st hiccup is that .net 3.5 isn't installed - and ModMii won't seem to download it.
However in programs and features you can install .net 3.5.1 which fixes this issue.

2nd hiccup is that it doesn't seem to be able to check for updates. Another command prompt opens but scrolls through so fast I can't see what it says..

These two may be related items, possible due to changes in file / command line usage.

I did manage to run the ModMii Wizard basically choosing yes to everything other than themes (which don't work for me anyway (something to do with my setup)) and USB Loader.

This was all tested with the latest version. I am off to bed shortly but will be conducting more investigation with Win 8 Preview and ModMii tomorrow..

Typing this from my Win 7 machine and have updated to NIS 2012 which has started to report that ioskpatch.exe is infected with Trojan.Malcol. I expect that it's just another false positive but have submitted the file to Symantec, just thought I would let you know in case you get other reports.

Regards

Chris

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
wow, I wasn't expecting to have to add windows 8 support quite yet... but why not? lol

first, lets fix the .net framework requirement:
Can you tell me if the following .net 3.5.1 installer gets ModMii working? If not, can you find a download link that works?
http://download.microsoft.com/download/A/E...B983590-x86.msu

Also, can u open a cmd window and type "ver" and tell me the output. This will allow me to identify windows 8 and have it download the 3.5.1 installer instead of the standard 3.5 installer.

Also, after installing .net 3.5.1 on windows 8 can u tell me if the following folder present?
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\
If not, are there any other new folders after installing .net 3.5.1?

Can u give me more info on the failed update checks? Does ModMii crash and exit? Does it return to the main menu? Can u test the ModMii installer and see if that works? I think I'll need to send u a special test version with pauses in between the update commands so we can isolate the problematic code; once u give me more info on the problem I'll build u a test version.

edit: Oh yea, forgot to mention that my AV (BitDefender) is also claiming ioskpatch.exe is a virus, but i'm sure it's a false positive. Also, for some reason it's started telling me that ioskpatch.exe doesn't work with 64-bit systems... I asked crediar about it and he said he uses 64-bit Windows and it works for him... so I think that issue is likely a problem with my windows installation. In the next update I've made a change so that if ioskpatch fails to perform the patch due to AV problems or w/e the nand will still work (in v4.7.1 if the patch failed a component file of the system menu would be missing)

wiixale said:
ModMii 4.7.1 crashes during the process regarding SNEEK installer. It's casual, it could crash at the first step, or when it's downloading the files.

No problems on other processes (eg. downloading cIOSes, other apps ecc...).
So I was able to recreate the problem. The issue was that the SD\USB path where s\uneek was being installed contained brackets "(" , ")", I've fixed the problem so it will work even if brackets are in the path... and now I think I'm ready to release v4.7.2 sometime over the weekend
biggrin.gif

vempire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello tempies.
nyanya.gif

I used ModMii to hack my Wii sometime ago, and everything went fine except for one thing...
Now I can't use WiiConnect24, neither put the Wii on standby. Is that normal?
I would like to use WiiConnect24 and the standby mode to connect a USB charger for my batteries...
By the way, I chose to use extra brick protection when I hacked the Wii, I don't know if that's the cause of this.
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.
yaynds.gif

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vempire said:
Hello tempies.
nyanya.gif

I used ModMii to hack my Wii sometime ago, and everything went fine except for one thing...
Now I can't use WiiConnect24, neither put the Wii on standby. Is that normal?
I would like to use WiiConnect24 and the standby mode to connect a USB charger for my batteries...
By the way, I chose to use extra brick protection when I hacked the Wii, I don't know if that's the cause of this.
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.
yaynds.gif
If, you can find the "energizer recharging pad." it pays for it self in the long run. plus doesn't make you use one of the usb ports on the wii.
i use my one so much i went an got two of them.

ChrisLuther

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
VER from the command line gives Microsoft Windows [Version 6.2.8102]

The only way I can install .NET framework on Win 8 is to either go into programs and features and enable it from there or to use the command line
Dism /online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFX3
but this does require being run from an Administrator enabled command prompt (if UAC is turned on)
neither these links work with win 8 as "The Update is not applicable to your computer"

http://download.microsoft.com/download/A/E...B983590-x86.msu
http://download.microsoft.com/download/A/E...B983590-x64.msu

I downloaded the full .NET 3.5 SP1 installer package and upon trying to run it got a pop up to enable .NET - I get the same popup if .NET Framework is disabled and I try to download using a wizard. ModMii looked like it produced an error but went sailing through to the next downloads. I can try and capture if need be.
http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/0.../dotnetfx35.exe

After enabling .NET 3 I have both V3.0 and V3.5 folders, under the Framework folder I also have a v4.0.30319. This is the same as under Framework64
It looks like .NET 4 might be enabled by default on Win 8. I don't know what controls from .NET you use but may be worth updating to 4.

Downloaded the latest installer which runs through flawlessly. This says that I have the latest version - Perhaps there's a file I can change to make it think I have an older version.
Seems strange as the older installer works fine with checking for updates on Win 7 x64
On the new install (when .NET is disabled) it downloads the dotNetFx35setup.exe smaller installer and I get the same Enable feature pop up as before.

When it fails to check I just get the error message Update check has failed, check your internet connection and firewall settings
I have two installed
C:\Modmii - Previous install works fine under Windows 7 x64 but update fails under Win 8 x64
C:\NewMM -New install where updating seems to work.

Can't really see why updating is an issue as put in pause statements and echo on/off lines and they are almost identical.
new install is start /min /wait support\wget -N "http://code.google.com/pscontronusad/downloads/list?can=3&q=&colspec=Filename+Summary+Uploaded+ReleaseDate+Size+DownloadCount"
already installed is start /wait support\wget -N "http://code.google.com/p/nusad/downloads/list?can=3&q=&colspec=Filename+Summary+Uploaded+ReleaseDate+Size+DownloadCount"
Sometimes when trying to update (I have copied command line to command prompt) I get connecting to code.google.com ... failed: Invalid argument.
--2011-09-17 01:53:15-- http://code.google.com/p/nusad/downloads/l...e+DownloadCount
Resolving code.google.com... 74.125.230.108, 74.125.230.99, 74.125.230.97, ...
Connecting to code.google.com|74.125.230.108|:80... failed: Invalid argument.
Connecting to code.google.com|74.125.230.99|:80... failed: Invalid argument.
Connecting to code.google.com|74.125.230.97|:80... failed: Invalid argument.
Connecting to code.google.com|74.125.230.96|:80... failed: Invalid argument.
Connecting to code.google.com|74.125.230.105|:80... failed: Invalid argument.
Connecting to code.google.com|74.125.230.100|:80... failed: Invalid argument.
Connecting to code.google.com|74.125.230.110|:80... failed: Invalid argument.
Connecting to code.google.com|74.125.230.111|:80... failed: Invalid argument.
Connecting to code.google.com|74.125.230.98|:80... failed: Invalid argument.
Connecting to code.google.com|74.125.230.102|:80... failed: Invalid argument.
Connecting to code.google.com|74.125.230.103|:80... failed: Invalid argument.
Connecting to code.google.com|74.125.230.107|:80... failed: Invalid argument.
Connecting to code.google.com|74.125.230.101|:80... failed: Invalid argument.
Connecting to code.google.com|74.125.230.109|:80... failed: Invalid argument.
Connecting to code.google.com|74.125.230.104|:80... failed: Invalid argument.
Connecting to code.google.com|74.125.230.106|:80... failed: Invalid argument.
Retrying.
It repeats this 20 times

This is all being tested with the latest public version.

Regards

Chris

Siberias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I really admire your work. The program is put together so well and has let me download everything I needed. I like the text display and the selection of options and I appreciate the hard work you've put in to program it all, being a programmer myself. Well done and thanks for your continued support of the software.
If I have any other feedback or I discover anything that needs your attention then i'll very gladly let you know.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Siberias said:
I really admire your work. The program is put together so well and has let me download everything I needed. I like the text display and the selection of options and I appreciate the hard work you've put in to program it all, being a programmer myself. Well done and thanks for your continued support of the software.
If I have any other feedback or I discover anything that needs your attention then i'll very gladly let you know.
He lives in Canada, and I could still see his head inflate all the way from the US.
wink.gif

vempire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for your answers guys.

I do have bootmii as boot2, and I have no idea how to uninstall priiloader.
nyanya.gif

But now I know what might be the cause of this, so I'll search for it.

Thanks again, and keep up the great work with ModMii!
yaywii.gif

Trigger911

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Im glad you got the new D2x Cios now. I was wanting to try these newer stuff out as I'm sure it works better, but I am having problems downloading I seem to modmii crashes I know i got all the dot nets and such but I haven't been able to figure it out and I only have one pc to try this with. Thanks for any help and thanks for the app....
Also I am running Windows 7 SP1 x64
ERROR: Hangs and crashes on Signing 00000000.app with cIOS details
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: cmd.exe
Application Version: 6.1.7601.17514
Application Timestamp: 4ce78e2b
Fault Module Name: SDHook32.dll
Fault Module Version: 2.0.5.1
Fault Module Timestamp: 4e36cc58
Exception Offset: 00034e67
Exception Code: c0000417
Exception Data: 00000000
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: df2c
Additional Information 2: df2cc8490501d3ac0e70409f7f7fc1c5
Additional Information 3: 203e
Additional Information 4: 203e3146e4d59ac4e2551eecedde4a24

Read our privacy statement online:
<a href="http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409" target="_blank">http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104...mp;clcid=0x0409</a>

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

GUIDE:
ModMii 4.7.1 Custom Guide
Generated on Sat 09/17/2011 - 12:44:33.87
Check for updates at tinyurl.com/ModMiiNow

This Guide was generated using the following parameters:

* Install and\or update all recommended softmods
* Current firmware is 4.3U
* Desired firmware is 4.3U

* Install Shopping Channel (and IOS56)

* Install Extra Brick Protection
* Install Dark Wii Orange Theme
* Do not update active IOSs (can be enabled in options)
* Do not Install a cMIOS (can be enabled in Options)

This software is not for sale. If you paid for this software or a "bundle" you have been scammed.

THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, NEITHER STATED NOR IMPLIED.
NO ONE BUT YOURSELF IS TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THIS MAY CAUSE TO YOUR NINTENDO WII CONSOLE!
USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

IMPORTANT NOTES:

*This guide does NOT require a Wifi connection on your Wii.
*An SD card formatted to FAT(32) required (Best results are with non-SDHC cards, SDHC will only work on 4.0 or above).
*If you get errors during any of the steps reformat your SD card as FAT or FAT32
*Turn off WiiConnect24 and take out all gamecube memory cards/controllers when modding the Wii (unless instructed otherwise).
*If your Wii ever freezes, hold the power button on the Wii for 5 seconds to power it off then try again.
*Don’t ever accept a new Nintendo update without first googling to see if it’s safe. The last update (to 4.3) was released in late June 2010 and is NOT safe to accept. If you accept an official Nintendo update after modding the Wii, you may lose some or all of your modifications.
*Never uninstall a system menu or IOS
*Do not install untested wads/themes without Bootmii or Priiloader installed.
*This custom guide is great start, but Wii modding is always evolving. Check for updates online, and remember, google is your friend.
*If you have questions, a more detailed guide can be found here: www.sites.google.com/site/completesg/

1) INSTALLING THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL (HBC) AND BOOTMII
=================================================

Note: if this Wii was previously modified, and it has either the HBC, BootMii as Boot2, or a Forwarder Channel installed, you can use that instead of an exploit.

If using BootMii as Boot2 to install the HBC, copy the 'BootMii' folder from your previous BootMii installation to the root of your SD Card (or download it using ModMii). Then boot your wii, BootMii will load, go To the SD menu, load bootmini.elf. This will load the Hackmii Installer allowing you to reinstall the HBC.

If using a Forwarder Channel, just save the boot.elf/dol from the app you want to load (ie. SD:\apps\hackmii_installer\boot.elf or SD:\apps\MMM\boot.dol) to the location used by your SPECIFIC Forwarder Channel (ie. SD:\apps\usbloader\boot.dol). Then start the channel and the Hackmii Installer will load allowing you to reinstall the HBC. Note, if your forwarder channel only loads dol's and not elf's, launch MMM's boot.dol, then use its "App Manager" to load the Hackmii Installer.

INDIANA PWNS EXPLOIT
--------------------

REQUIREMENTS: * A copy of LEGO Indiana Jones
* A non-SDHC card (SDHC cards don't work)

A. Load the LEGO Indiana Jones game at least once
(otherwise you won't be able to copy over the hack).

B. Backup your personal LEGO Indiana Jones save file before copying the files to your SD Card (if applicable):

a) Put your SD card in your Wii and turn it on.
b) Go into Wii Options - Data Management - Save Data - Wii
c) Find your Indiana save, click on it, click "Copy", and click Yes. Now erase the save file from the Wii.
d) Put your SD card in your computer, and copy the "private" folder from the card to a safe place. Alternatively you can temporarily rename it.

C. Copy the files from the COPY_TO_SD to the root of your SD card (if you haven’t already) and insert it into your Wii

D. Go into Wii Options - Data Management - Save Data - Wii - SD Card
then copy over the "Indiana Pwns" save that corresponds to your region.

E. Play the Lego Indiana Jones game. Load the new save file.

You will be in the Main hall, walk towards the camera,
enter the first door on the right (Indy's left) and go into the 'Courtyard'.
Walk to the end and enter the 'Art Room', you will see a podium with 2 characters on it, talk to the left one.

Hit left twice (scrolling through his items) to choose the switch option (Black silhouette with a white arrow to another black silhouette)
Hit A to launch the boot.elf/dol file saved on the root of your SD card.

This runs the Hackmii Installer (and silently/automatically installs BootMii as IOS). Use the installer to install the Homebrew Channel (HBC) and Bootmii as Boot2 if possible.

Note: If you get a 'no vulnerable IOS' error message, run ModMii again and this time select the 'Hackmii Solutions' option instead of 'ModMii Wizard' and follow the new instructions before continuing this guide.

After you exit the hackmii installer, you will be taken to the HBC.
Hit the home button. In the top right corner you will see the IOS used by the HBC.

If the HBC is using an IOS other than IOS58 or your homebrew channel is upside-down, make a note of it as it applies later in the guide (you will have to reinstall the HBC).

If it is using IOS58 and your HBC is not upside-down, you can skip the Reinstall The Homebrew Channel step when you get to it.

2) MAKING A NAND BACKUP
====================

While inside the Homebrew Channel, load BootMii by pressing home and clicking Launch Bootmii.
Press the power button on the wii 3 times to get to the last option, then press the reset button. [You can also navigate with a Gamecube controller]

Press reset to choose the first option, then follow the directions on the screen to make your NAND backup. [Bad blocks are no problem.]

Backup the Bootmii folder, NAND.bin, and keys.bin elsewhere and erase from the sd card (or rename it). You'll need these in case of emergencies, so don't lose them.
Go back to The Homebrew Channel.

Note: if Bootmii was installed as boot2, then it will show up as soon as the Wii is turned on AS LONG AS it finds the bootmii folder (mentioned above) on the root of the SD card.

3) INSTALL A PATCHED IOS236
========================

Start the Homebrew Channel.

VERY IMPORTANT!
In the Homebrew channel, if you do not have a working internet connection already set up, you will see an icon flashing in the bottom right corner of the screen indicating its inability to initialize the network. You MUST wait for the icon to stop flashing OR let it flash for 30-60 seconds before proceeding otherwise these apps will error shortly after being launched. If you encounter this harmless error, power off the Wii and repeat this step from the beginning. To increase your chances of success, add a working internet connection to your Wii via the official Wii Settings Menu, but be sure to say "No" when asked to perform an update.

You only need to perform ONE of the below methods.

Method A: Using IOS236 Installer
--------------------------------

After waiting 30-60 seconds for the HBC to attempt to initialize the network, launch "IOS236 Installer v5 MOD".
Note: This app must be launched using HBC v1.0.7 or higher in order to work properly.

It should say "IOS236 installation is complete!" and return to The Homebrew Channel.

If you experience errors, keep trying and it should eventually work.
If you continue to experience errors you can try using Simple IOS Patcher instead.
Once either method successfully installs IOS236, you can move onto the next step.

Method B: Using Simple IOS Patcher
----------------------------------

After waiting 30-60 seconds for the HBC to attempt to initialize the network, launch "IOS236 Installer".
Note: This app must be launched using HBC v1.0.7 or higher in order to work properly.

Choose "IOS36" (already selected by default) and push A,
Select "Install IOS to slot" and choose 236,
Select "Install patched IOS36" leaving the 4 patches set to "yes" and press A,
Choose "Load IOS from SD card".

Confirm your choice with the A button,
When prompted, push A to continue the installation.
When the installation is over you'll be back at the Main Menu,
Then push B button to exit.

If you experience errors, keep trying and it should eventually work.
If you continue to experience errors you can try using IOS236 Installer instead.
Once either method successfully installs IOS236, you can move onto the next step.

4) INSTALL PRIILOADER
==================

Launch "Priiloader 236 Mod" via the Homebrew Channel

After the Priiloader Installer loads, press + to install it.

You may get an error for "loader.ini" and/or "password.txt" simply ignore these.

After successfully installing Priiloader, access it by powering off the Wii,
then powering it back on while holding reset until you see the Priiloader menu.

You should install some system menu hacks now (by going to System Menu hacks option).

RECOMMENDED HACKS: Block Disc Updates, Block Online Updates, Replace Health Screen, Auto-Press A at Health Screen, Region-Free Everything, remove no copy save file protection, and Move Disc Channel.

The priiloader menu is white by default, you can change it to black in the Priiloader settings if you prefer.

One of the special functions of Priiloader is that it can autoboot any app/file instead of the system menu. Some apps (like crazyIntro) can't be used without it.
For details on how to do so, visit www.sites.google.com/site/completesg/system-hacks/priiloader

5) INSTALL WADS
============

Load Multi-Mod Manager (MMM) via the HomeBrew Channel.
If IOS236 is not already loaded, select "Load another IOS", then select IOS236

Note: If this step fails with error -ret 2011 or other, you may need to retry patching IOS236. If the Wii was previously softmodded, you can try loading cIOS250 (or others like 202,222,223,224,236,249)

In Multi-Mod Manager's main menu, go down to select "WAD Manager".

Install the following WADs from the WAD folder (this list of WADs is unique to how you answered the Wizard's questions).

Be careful not to install any additional wads that may have been previously saved in this folder (they may be safe, but I cannot say for sure).

Hold + for 2 seconds to select all the WADs in the folder. Then Press A twice to install them all.
If any files fail to install properly, they will remain marked for installation, so just retry installing those files.

Your unique list of wads to install are as follows:

* IOS11v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP])
* IOS20v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP])
* IOS30v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP])
* IOS50v14889(IOS50v4889[FS-ES-NP-VP])
* IOS60v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP])
* IOS70v16687(IOS70v6687[FS-ES-NP-VP])
* IOS80v6944[FS-ES-NP-VP]
* cIOS202[60]-v5.1R
* cIOS223[37-38]-v4
* cIOS224[57]-v5.1R
* cIOS249[56]-d2x-v6
* cIOS250[57]-d2x-v6
* Shopping-Channel-NUS-v20
* IOS56-64-v5662
* IOS58-64-v6176
* USBLoader(s)-ahbprot58-SD-USB-v9-IDCL
This is a forwarder channel that will load the first file it finds from the following list:
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader\boot.elf
SD+USB:\apps\usb-loader\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\usb-loader\boot.elf
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader_cfg\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader_cfg\boot.elf
SD+USB:\apps\WiiFlow\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\WiiFlow\boot.elf
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader_gx\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader_gx\boot.elf
Notes: IOS58 is required to launch apps from an SD Card and hard drives formatted as
FAT32, NTFS, ext2, ext3 and ext4. It also supports meta.xml arguments
and is able to launch apps with direct hardware access.
You should always have at least one forwarder channel installed on your Wii,
that way, in the event of accidental update, you will be able to rehack your Wii without relying on a disc based exploit

6) REINSTALL THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL (if applicable)
==============================================

Earlier you should have checked what IOS is used by the Homebrew Channel (HBC). If the IOS used by your HBC is IOS58 and your HBC is not upside-down, you can skip this step.

If the HBC is using an IOS other than IOS58 or your HBC is upside-down, you should reinstall the HBC.

Launch the HackMii_Installer via the HBC.
Use the Hackmii Installer to fix/re-install the HBC. Once you've successfully reinstalled the HBC, you can move onto the next step of the guide.

If the HBC is failing to load the HackMii_Installer (just blackscreens), instead launch the Hackmii Installer using the method described in the First Step

7) INSTALL CUSTOM WII MENU THEME USING MYMENUIFYMOD (OPTIONAL)
===========================================================

WARNING: DO NOT INSTALL THEMES WITHOUT PROTECTION (BOOTMII, PRIILOADER AND NAND BACKUP)
AND ONLY INSTALL THEMES FOR YOUR SPECIFIC SYSTEM MENU VERSION AND REGION!

Launch MyMenuifyMod from the HBC.

Navigate to the theme you would like to install
that corresponds to your specific System Menu Version
then press A to install it.

If you ever decide to restore the original Menu Wii theme,
simply launch MyMenuifyMod again press the start button.

8) AFTER MODDING
=============

After you are done modding your Wii, you can optionally delete any unnecesarry files
by using ModMii's "File Cleanup" Feature.

At this point you're practically done.
Now you should be downloading the latest homebrew applications and setting them up on
your SD Card (or FAT32 USB Hard Drive) so they can be launched via the HBC.

For playing your backups off a USB hard drive, run the USB-Loader Setup feature from ModMii's Main Menu

For downloading applications, you should:
* Check out ModMii's batch download pages as it has many popular apps available for download.
* Download Homebrew Browser via ModMii to get many popular apps, but this is an online only Wii application (www.sites.google.com/site/completesg/how-to-use/hbb)
* For those without internet on their Wii, check out this list of Homebrew applications (wiibrew.org/wiki/List_of_all_homebrew).
Another great resource is webrewwii.blogspot.com

After getting whatever apps you want, you should get a boot.dol file and possibly a icon.png and meta.xml.
For HBC to read your SD/USB correctly, your card must be structured SD:/apps/application name/boot.dol
If you have a *.dol not named boot.dol, rename it boot.dol, otherwise it will not be recognized by the HBC.
(optional: the icon.png and meta.xml should be saved in the same place as the boot.dol)

9) SUPPORT XFLAK
=============

IF MODMII WORKED FOR YOU, PLEASE VOTE IN FAVOUR OF THE PROGRAM HERE (tinyurl.com/ModMiiNow)

DONATIONS CAN OPTIONALLY BE MADE VIA PAYPAL TO [email protected]

CHECK OUT MY TOP CHANNELS HERE (tinyurl.com/topchannels)

CHECK OUT MY CRAZY INTRO VIDEOS HERE (tinyurl.com/crazyintro)

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@ChrisLuther,
thx for the info, I don't have time to look into it right now, but I saved a link to your post in my ModMii to do list, so when I get to it I'll probably start PMing u questions or test versions! Thx again!

@Siberias,
thx a lot, I really appreciate the kind words. And despite what Joostin says, I very humbly accept your gratitude
biggrin.gif

@vempire,
u can uninstall priiloader by running the priiloader installer and choosing the uninstall option. Or, reinstalling your system menu wad will overwrite\uninstall priiloader.

@Trigger911,
Do you happen to have SpyBot installed? I googled your problem and found THIS. See if uninstalling spybot fixes your problem as it did for others with similar problems. Thx!

Trigger911

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I do have spybot Installed I will try this ... I will report back on this reply

... Removing the beta worked ... lol figured out why i wasn't finding anything for the problem ... some how i picked up myweb lol

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ModMii for Windows
Version 4.7.2 Released!

by XFlak[/color]]XFlak

Download ModMii Installer Here

Download French ModMii Installer Here

French version not updated yet, still at v4.6.1

Download Italian ModMii Installer Here

Italian version not updated yet, still at v4.7.1

Download Dutch ModMii Installer Here

Dutch version not updated yet, still at v4.6.1

See first post for more info.

4.7.2 Changelog
  • Added Command Line Support to ModMii. Now you can send arguments to ModMii via
    a cmd window (or batch file) to perform a wide variety of functions.
    For information on using ModMii via cmd line, open a command window where ModMii
    is saved and type "ModMii Help"; alternatively, you can save that text in a new
    text document where ModMii is saved (rename it from .txt to .bat) then run it.
  • When building an emulated NAND if a file is missing or invalid it will now be
    reported on the final summary page.
  • Entering nothing on the Download Log page no longer sends non-donators
    to the credits page again.
  • Update to ModMii Shortcute-er (by person66) to always run ModMii using cmd.exe
    even if a different file association is set.
  • Fixed bug when extracting the full version of configurable usb-loader where all
    the files in the usb-loader folder were not saved to the appropriate subfolders.
  • Fixed inconsistencies with the recommended cIOS222;
    v4 is now recommended on all pages\guides.
  • Fixed bug where orange themes were not being downloaded.
  • Fixed bug where ModMii would crash when building s\uneek if the drive setting(s)
    contained brackets.
  • ModMii; now writing it's own jokes.
  • Other minor changes.

martinezgene

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
add wrong file when updating Wii. I update a friends Wii with the 4.3U files on a 4.2U Wii . I noticed that the only difference is the IOS80-64-v6944[FS-ES-NP] wad. Will it do any harm to leave it on Wii or should I uninstall wad. I also used the Priiloader V0.7 from the 4.3U modmii folder is it the same as the 4.2U modmii folder?

Thanks in advance

ShadowSonic2

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
shadowsonic2.com
XP
Country
Chad
martinezgene said:
add wrong file when updating Wii. I update a friends Wii with the 4.3U files on a 4.2U Wii . I noticed that the only difference is the IOS80-64-v6944[FS-ES-NP] wad. Will it do any harm to leave it on Wii or should I uninstall wad. I also used the Priiloader V0.7 from the 4.3U modmii folder is it the same as the 4.2U modmii folder?

Thanks in advance

Do NOT uninstall it. Uninstalling your System Menu iOS (which is iOS80 for 4.3) will give you a full brick.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ anyone who uses Modmii to build emu-NANDs (for *NEEK):

wondering if anyone can confirm whether using your actual SERNO (ie. LUxxxxxxxxx or LEHxxxxxxxxx) instead of the default SERNO that modmii uses has any effect on the wiimote syncing or anything else?

from what i've experienced, there's no functional difference.... with a SERNO matching your wii or not, you still have to sync the wiimotes when initially expanding/loading the emu-NAND...but then after that you can switch between the real NAND and the SNEEK nand with no re-syncs needed.... ...and you can take that same emu-NAND to a different wii with a synced controller and switch back and forth from its real NAND to the emu-NAND w/o having to resync when switching.

can anyone confirm....?

Red_Gh0st said:
Hey, another update. Thanks xlak
???

ChrisLuther

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
brausm08 said:

wondering if anyone can confirm whether using your actual SERNO (ie. LUxxxxxxxxx or LEHxxxxxxxxx) instead of the default SERNO that modmii uses has any effect on the wiimote syncing or anything else?

from what i've experienced, there's no functional difference.... with a SERNO matching your wii or not, you still have to sync the wiimotes when initially expanding/loading the emu-NAND...but then after that you can switch between the real NAND and the SNEEK nand with no re-syncs needed.... ...and you can take that same emu-NAND to a different wii with a synced controller and switch back and forth from its real NAND to the emu-NAND w/o having to resync when switching.

can anyone confirm....?

Red_Gh0st said:
Hey, another update. Thanks xlak
???
I've always had to resync my remotes between NAND and SNEEK, that may be a glitch on mine tho as sometimes I will sync a remote to NAND and then after rebooting the Wii I would have to resync again.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
brausm08 said:

can anyone confirm....?
If others can confirm this then I can have ModMii use the default all the time and require users input one less piece of info

ShadowSonic2 said:
QUOTE(martinezgene @ Sep 17 2011, 07:30 PM) add wrong file when updating Wii. I update a friends Wii with the 4.3U files on a 4.2U Wii . I noticed that the only difference is the IOS80-64-v6944[FS-ES-NP] wad. Will it do any harm to leave it on Wii or should I uninstall wad. I also used the Priiloader V0.7 from the 4.3U modmii folder is it the same as the 4.2U modmii folder?

Thanks in advance

Do NOT uninstall it. Uninstalling your System Menu iOS (which is iOS80 for 4.3) will give you a full brick.
FYI, he was asking if he can uninstall IOS80 on a 4.2 wii. If it's a 4.2 wii, IOS80 isn't used (so uninstalling it isn't a big deal as long as u are NOT on 4.3), but having it installed and not used is totally fine, so I would recommend u just leave it as is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo